Mysteries of the Orient

Beccah

• 2 weeks later...

I am loving this sample! It wears very close to the skin for me. The combo of light floral, light wood, and light musk is perfect for me to wear to work, gym etc. I love it so much that I am going to order at least 1 fb for sure. It reminds me of getting my first apartment after high school, a long time ago. My boyfriend at the time and I moved in together. He later became my son's father, an engineer, a patent attorney, and a bonafide jerk...but I digress. We moved in during June and it was such a beautiful time. I was full of love, hope, sunshine and enthusiasm. Everything was bright and carefree. We had a tree outside our bedroom window on the 2nd floor and it had a blue jay nest. They were loud as hell, but I loved checking on them and watching them grow. I'd sneak out while my boyfriend slept and make a big breakfast with the windows wide open so the morning breeze would fill our apartment. We would eat, plan our day, and usually head back to bed for some rollicking fun before we began whatever adventure awaited us that day.

Somehow this scent reminds me of all of this. I must have had candles or some other fragrance that was from that time frame that is triggering such a strong scent memory.

I've worn it several hours now and I can still get a whiff if I sniff my arm directly, but it does fade very fast on me. I'm going to try again with lotion. I'm also thinking of getting a roll on bottle and converting part of it to a small spray. I'll roll and spray to hopefully have it last longer.

I am loving this sample! It wears very close to the skin for me. The combo of light floral, light wood, and light musk is perfect for me to wear to work, gym etc. I love it so much that I am going to order at least 1 fb for sure. It reminds me of getting my first apartment after high school, a long time ago. My boyfriend at the time and I moved in together. He later became my son's father, an engineer, a patent attorney, and a bonafide jerk...but I digress. We moved in during June and it was such a beautiful time. I was full of love, hope, sunshine and enthusiasm. Everything was bright and carefree. We had a tree outside our bedroom window on the 2nd floor and it had a blue jay nest. They were loud as hell, but I loved checking on them and watching them grow. I'd sneak out while my boyfriend slept and make a big breakfast with the windows wide open so the morning breeze would fill our apartment. We would eat, plan our day, and usually head back to bed for some rollicking fun before we began whatever adventure awaited us that day.

Somehow this scent reminds me of all of this. I must have had candles or some other fragrance that was from that time frame that is triggering such a strong scent memory.

I've worn it several hours now and I can still get a whiff if I sniff my arm directly, but it does fade very fast on me. I'm going to try again with lotion. I'm also thinking of getting a roll on bottle and converting part of it to a small spray. I'll roll and spray to hopefully have it last longer.

Just have to say, I love this review!! Thank you for sharing that special time of your life!!

This was softer than I expected. I was expecting more of a strong, exotic scent. Although the subtleness makes it easy to layer with other fragrances for variety. The musky sweetness emerged later, creating some mystery. So, it lived up to its name in the end. Nice surprise.

• 4 weeks later...

I am in LOVE with this one. Completely unexpected win for me. Maybe because there's an aspect of it that reminds me of New (which I am still banging my head for not getting a bottle of before it disappeared), maybe because there's another aspect that is trying to remind me of some memory I can't quite put my finger on. Something that went in my baths as a kid, I think. In the best possible way. The cherry blossom is almost fruity wet, and dries down softer and more floral, blending beautifully with the soft nonfoody vanilla and sensual teak (only one of my favorite woods ever--okay that came out bad :lol: ). What I like about the teak in this is that it's not too warm or heavy to wear in the summer; the scent as a whole is cool enough to wear in hot weather. This is morphing into a full bottle very soon.

• 3 months later...

I just tried my sample of this today. Omg, yum! It's a sweet floral that I absolutely adore. I was expecting something stronger and different based on the notes, and like everyone else who reviewed, previous Bath and Body Works experiences with cherry blossoms. I thought the teak would be heavier and make the scent spicier in terms of exotic. Instead, when I swiped this on my arm, I was greeted with the loveliest sweet cherry blossoms while wet. And after a long drydown, some teak came peeking out. For me the vanilla and the musk simply made a great base for the cherry blossom to spring off of, rather than display themselves on their own.

I'm adding this to my fb list for the future, for sure.

• 7 months later...

I just got a bottle of this in my quest for a light summer scent and I really like it. Even wet it isn't overpowering but within 30 minutes it is a light sweet cherry blossom and I am glad I found it. Right now I have Mysteries of the orient on one arm and Summer Dance on the other and it wears heavier than SD but since SD is so light, that isn't very heavy at all. Very different scent but both well worth it.

• 3 months later...