Seven Tears

I hope Luna and Mara do not get mad but no sooner does Luna post about not doubling up on threads then I decide to go ahead and do it. But the reasoning here is that the "main" review of Seven Tears is in the "Women's Section" and I am afraid most guys would miss it if they just came to glance through the Men's Section. If they did a search they would see that the first two reviews are actually done by guys. So to be fair, you do not have to "count" these two posts. I just thought a very visible review here in the Men's Section could help get this great scent the attention from guys it deserves. So here it goes ...

Ingredients:

THYME ~ Protection from negativity, rejuvenating. Health, healing, sleep, psychic power enhancement, love, purification, courage.

HEATHER ~ Admiration and beauty; protection, especially over women and virtue. Peace, beginnings, elemental magic, wishes granted.

DAFFODIL ~ Regard, sympathy and affection returned, true eternal love, fertility, luck.

PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.

TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.

WATER (aquatic notes really) ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.

SALT ~ protection, purification, grounding, feminine energy. Resurrection, baptism.

PINE (Nuts, Cones, Needles) ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.

SPRUCE ~ Protection against enemies.

CUCUMBER ~ Healing, fertility, invigorating.

AMYRIS ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

Like both Le Wiz and Snoopy said below, I put this on the other day and realized I had forgotten how much I like this one. I am partial to aquatic scents and in particular salt water aquatics so this scent is very close to my perfect ideal cologne scent. The water, salt, pine and hint of tea really make this scent for me. It honestly does convey the feeling of a cold coastline somewhere. The heather, daffodil and cucumber soften the hard edges of the water and salt notes though so they do not come across as metallic or biting. If the heather and daffodil were just a little less prevalent, Seven Tears would be absolutely perfect in my book and I would probably buy the entire stock instead of just one bottle. But do not take that last line wrong - this is a great scent and is well worth a full bottle if you like aquatic notes.

I am pasting a couple other comments from the original thread in the Women's Review section. You can read all the comments there if you want but I want any guys reading this to know that this scent is very male appropriate.

Edited by quietguy

Here are some of the comments from the original thread:

I was packing orders and needed to fill a vial of Seven Tears; apparently I forgot how great it smelled because I caught a whiff of it and it really blew me away. I think I have found my new fave. Nice surprise today! I highly recommend it for both the ladies and the gents. Man I love working here!

Searching through my bottles for something different to wear today and remembered this one. I really do like the clean and smooth feeling this scent brings. I had a cashier today actually ask what I was wearing. It was funny because she wrote down the name of the company (hopefully she'll come by and order). I know it makes me feel very uplifted (and I love how the mint sticks around and tickles my nose).

I bought a bottle of this unsniffed and really like it as well. Any women out there sniffed this one and what do you think of it?

I loved writing the story for this one - as I previously noted - and I had an expectation for the scent even as I likely knew it wouldn't work for me.

I thought Quince would like this since it's aquatic but surprisingly he wasn't as chuffed about it as something like Thane or Eye of the Storm, for example.

I remember Pony once remarking that a fragrance reminded her of Desitin and I laughed to first smell this because that's exactly what I thought of! It backs off a bit after a few minutes to become more of a cold sort of outdoors floral type of thing, but I can't get that initial impression out of my mind. I think maybe if this one had been a little more like Thane I might have liked it, because I'm not really getting a "sea" evocation from it. But it does change into something deeper over time that men would likely enjoy.

I was on the fence about this one initially, but the mention of Scottish wildflowers eventually did me in. It starts out piney and cold--very cold, actually giving me the illusion that my nose was actually getting frostbitten when I was smelling it on my wrist. I was afraid it was going to end up cologney, but it takes an unexpected turn and actually softens from freezing cold to a cool breeze laced with heather (a note I LOVE and almost never see in blends) and daffodil. The pine softens, and the cucumber is not detectable as cucumber per se but just as a water element. The drydown of this is actually what I'd been hoping to get out of BPAL's Vinland, which ended up too cologney on me, and I'm so very glad I gave it a chance.

I included Luna and Invi's comments because as Luna points out with all her experience, she can tell that this is something guys will like and Invi gives a great description. I get very much the same impression although the scent comes across as masculine to me.

Edited by quietguy

I really like this scent a lot, glad you reminded me. A thorn in my families side seems like it may be removed soon and I'll have money to give to stinky stuff instead of attorneys soon.

I'm glad you reviewed it from a man's perspective. I have a male friend who loves soapy clean smells so when Fayha, something that reads as floral soap to my nose, didn't do it for me, I told him about it and he's going to try my bottle. To make sure I wasn't being crazy optimistic about something that had so many flower notes in it, I had my boyfriend test it on his wrist and he said it did turn kind of cologny after about ten minutes. Anyway, my point in bringing that up is I definitely wish there was more go between between those that are masculine or feminine (though there is quite a bit of unisex which I appreciate.)

Plus, my favorite at the moment is Pashazade which I think is sexy as **** on me and not too masculine at all.

so cheers to trying and liking one that's considered more perfume than cologne.

I’m happy to see the male prospective on this one as well, I was thinking of getting this for my best friend (who is an executive at his company) and is always looking for a new scent. He loves aquatic scents, so I’m excited to hear how he will like this one….

Thanks QG

QG, have you tried "Shark Whisperer"? I love it but I do wear it to work for the phero. Very salt waterish. I layered it with "Bonnie" the other day to get the feel of salty marine air wafting over Scottish highlands.

ETA: corrected "Shark Whisperer". I had the name of the phero there when I meant the name of the fragrance that contains the phero.

Edited by Darbla

Just ordered a trial vial of this. I seem to be in a huge aquatic phase for me. Funny thing is a lot of aquatics are men's or unisex scents. I'm totally looking forward to this one. I've been wearing Eye of the Storm for the past couple days off and on. lol. (and HUGE Lap of Luxury w/SWS fan here too)

QG, have you tried "Swimming With Sharks"? I love it but I do wear it to work for the phero. Very salt waterish. I layered it with "Bonnie" the other day to get the feel of salty marine air wafting over Scottish highlands.

Yes I have and I like that one too! The phero blend works well for me also.

I still love Super on him but he claims people tell him he smells like pancakes.

Yeah I had a guy friend say the exact same thing!

• 4 weeks later...

OMG. I just put this on. It's gorgeous. Unisex scent, yes, but I see how it's not at all a soft or delicate scent. It's quite forward and in your face. I do get the tea, and the water in this. I can't really sort out the other notes.. perhaps the salt, has a bit of that ocean water feel going. I see this as a total mellow, summer day blend because of that cold ocean feel to it. I find it uplifting but in a totally chill way.

Just ordered a trial vial of this. I seem to be in a huge aquatic phase for me. Funny thing is a lot of aquatics are men's or unisex scents. I'm totally looking forward to this one. I've been wearing Eye of the Storm for the past couple days off and on. lol. (and HUGE Lap of Luxury w/SWS fan here too)

StoreMyWeather said she'd layered Eye of the Storm with Moon on Falling Leaves and really liked it.

I want to like aquatic scents more but I just haven't gotten there yet. The slight saltiness of Strange Attractors is about as far as I go at the moment.

Have you tried Nymph at all? It's not a cold unisex aquatic. I think it's a more feminine aquatic and may lack that "bite" that a lot of people don't like about aquatics? (I'm biased, I love Nymph)

I don't think I've tried nymph. I'll keep an eye out for it in my sniffies/samples because a lot of times I wind up with stuff and don't know I have it.