Amphitrite

Beccah

AD-Amphitrite_1.jpg

Amphitrite

The underworld beneath our ken…fathoms deep, it murmurs in the motion of the waves, of violent storms and calm surfaces…the ocean is a vast region irresistible to those desiring to discover its secrets. The sea is forever feminine: the cradle of life and cache of treasures awaiting recovery. And many have been found, thanks to the efforts of explorers such as Robert Ballard, discoverer of many significant wrecks such as the RMS Titanic and the battleship Bismarck. To capture the intrigue of this liquid space we present an aquatic potion comprising aspects of water magic: cleansing, purifying, life-affirming. The blooms of waterlily, Bird of Paradise, freesia and delphinium are strewn upon fresh-cut greenery and enhanced with an ozone accord and a light resinous musk. Lovers of our Nymph fragrance will desire to be drowned in the depths of Amphitrite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
BIRD OF PARADISE ~ Beginnings, excitement, wonderment.
FREESIA ~ Innocence, chastity, charm.
DELPHINIUM ~ A magickal representation of "air". Symbolizes heavenly qualities. Swiftness, lightness.
BASIL ~ Creates empathy between couples; love, fidelity. Invigorates, protection. Mends quarrels.
THYME ~ Protection from negativity, rejuvenating. Health, healing, sleep, psychic power enhancement, love, purification, courage.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.

Bird of Paradise seems like a semi-succulent type of plant?....they grow everywhere here in So Cal...we have some in our yard! I think they also grow wild in Hawaii?

Anyway, yes, Halo is spot on. It smells like fresh cut watery stems. I love it. Crush a BOP leaf in your hand and you will get the aroma. :)

Bird_of_Paradise.115161729_std.jpg

That is so cool that BOP grows naturally in So Cal. I would probably look like a whacko walking around there and staring at all the cool plants. Wait, I kind of did when I went to Disneyland last year. Every palm tree i saw was like I was seeing one for the first time. I walked everywhere looking straight up at them so I probably missed the ground beauties. :)

I am looking forward to trying all the NRs but I really think this one will be divine on me. I've been loving watery, green, and floral scents lately. It's like I can already smell this one in my head!

Bird of Paradise seems like a semi-succulent type of plant?....they grow everywhere here in So Cal...we have some in our yard! I think they also grow wild in Hawaii?

Anyway, yes, Halo is spot on. It smells like fresh cut watery stems. I love it. Crush a BOP leaf in your hand and you will get the aroma. :)

Bird_of_Paradise.115161729_std.jpg

Ah, I was being a little tunnel visioned in thinking that the "flowery" parts had some kind of aroma. Just crumpled one in my hand. It is a very fresh and watery scent! Can't wait to smell it in this perfume blend.

Ooh this is a very watery scent but it's a strong sharp watery scent. I am getting something very similar to Blissful - there's a note in there that is the same to me. Then it gets a bit minty or herby but not in a bad way. I feel like I can breathe better for some reason.

My senses are sharp- I feel AWAKE. Okay let me see how can I describe this.. Okay some people like the smell of gasoline or paint.

That would be me. I'm not saying this smells like gas- but when you smell gas you are intentionally sniffing for it because it does something like it makes me high or giggle - this scent does that to me. I want to smell it because it makes me high. Like awake/aware high. Actually I really do like this and I bet this would be MARAMAYZING ( Ok am I annoying everyone yet lol with my new word )

in a hot steamy bath. I would totally feel like a mermaid in a hot spring. OMG this is that one episode of Vikings where the princess was bathing in that waterfall! This is a total mermaid scent. Perrrrrfect for baths- or when you are depressed or need a quick pick me up. Chai - girl you are going to go gaga over this. This has your name written all over it and I bet you will understand what I mean by the description.

Chai - girl you are going to go gaga over this. This has your name written all over it and I bet you will understand what I mean by the description.

Lady V, I am so intrigued by your review! I can't wait now!!! And what a wonderful thing to feel fully alive, awake, and aware!

I will have a full bottle heading my way soon, unsniffed. I couldn't resist Mara's water magic and Luna's description of this scent as "cleansing, purifying, and life-affirming"... Not to mention the fact that it seems I am secretly a water/aquatic scent lover. Here I was thinking I was a honey and resin ho... But some of my favorite scents these past few months have been Tail, Goddess, Lure of the Siren, Mermaids of Atlantis rebrew... Then, too, there is the memory-evoking power of the Bird of Paradise note; I haven't smelled a BofP since I was little....

Edited by Chaionlife

This is really floral on me, with a watery green undertone of sorts; I think the freesia must be really stong with my chemistry. I'm surprised but I think it's lovely (and these kinds of scents are not normally my thing).

ETA: and this is really sweet on me too, which is another surprising aspect.

Applying right now!

omg what? this is incredibly airy and light. I thought MINT when I first applied. I can't really describe the individual notes, but the water accord is very even tempered in this blend.

Wow, it took a turn for the sweet. It's an herbaceous sweetness. probably basil? In fact what I mistook as mint may have been an aspect of basil as well.

Fresh green tannins starting to come through...wow, I'm really loving this one. This is so perfect for hot summer. It makes me think of ice cold cucumber water. It's turning sweet again...ah, that is the musk and cedar now. Now it's starting to become a bit more like perfume. I really wished that icy, airy green phase would last longer, but this is nice too.

Ugh, might be a contender for a full bottle. I'll wear this one more to decide. I like the drydown, but I LOVE it before drydown.

Wow, it took a turn for the sweet. It's an herbaceous sweetness. probably basil? In fact what I mistook as mint may have been an aspect of basil as well.

That's interesting....I know dill can definitely have that effect, it does the same thing in Elevation Potion.

This smells like a fresh combo of land and water flowers to me; I like it, but it has dried down to something very soft and quiet, it may not have enough "pow" for me.

This is really pretty. As a lover of neither florals or aquatics I am super surprised. It almost reminds me of green watery lilacs. The basil adds a really nice edge to it. Not one I would reach for every day but I am very glad that I tried it. Okay the part that reminded me of lilacs has died down pretty quickly. Very interesting.

This is a watery, cool, and tropical scent. It's not sweet on me at all, and I'm actually getting quite a bit of cedar, no musk at all. But my skin loves musk, so I know this one will be a morpher. The freesia is really nice. I will watch this one.

Argh this one morphed into laundry detergent. This is why I don't like aquatics. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

It did on me too, actually. But it smells similar to what my grandma used to use, so now I'm having a scent memory!

Hmm... definitely very watery. But there's a hint of something sharper beneath, possibly that sharp edge that some green scents have. Pretty. Very floral, but manages to retain it's watery feel.

I like this a lot. If anything, it seems almost like a "more perfume-y" Nymph. Or I guess that's my way of saying it's a bit more floral than Nymph.

Yeah I would agree that it definitely has more of a floral aura; it's actually perhaps closer to Flowers in the Moat than to Nymph, IMO.

Never again am I going to pass up the monthly sampler. I want to try this one now, too...

'Tis not a BlueBear scent to wear, even though I like how it reminds me of my grandma's detergent. it's yours if you like! i can put it in the mail tomorrow.

'Tis not a BlueBear scent to wear, even though I like how it reminds me of my grandma's detergent. it's yours if you like! i can put it in the mail tomorrow.

I'd love to try it! You're the best!! :love:

Yeah I would agree that it definitely has more of a floral aura; it's actually perhaps closer to Flowers in the Moat than to Nymph, IMO.

Hmm. Not at all for me, but I think the lotus in Flowers in the Moat just don't agree with me.

• 1 month later...

Curious whether this one will cover cops... I'm thinking it will. At least, I HOPE it will! I love it, and I just realized that I don't have any watery scents with EoW! I think I'd like this to be the first. It's so pretty! And :w00t: a floral that doesn't give me a piercing headache!

Do any of you have this boosted with EoW?

Curious whether this one will cover cops... I'm thinking it will. At least, I HOPE it will! I love it, and I just realized that I don't have any watery scents with EoW! I think I'd like this to be the first. It's so pretty! And :w00t: a floral that doesn't give me a piercing headache!

Do any of you have this boosted with EoW?

You know, I think it just might cover cops! I'll have to try that, Eggers!

AMPHITRITE IS BEAUTIFUL. It really is a watery floral, and I get it as fresh water. The flowers are the stars, and the water is underneath...like smelling blooms in a garden where there's a creek close by.

When I first put this on, even though it smelled really good, it seemed like the flowers were going to go overboard on me. Instead, they shifted into a creaminess that I get with certain floral notes and it's just PERFECT. It ends up riding fairly close to the skin, and stays true. It also STAYS! I could smell the freshness of it many, many hours later. This is another scent that wafts round and I start thinking what IS that pretty smell??? and it's ME. Hee!

• 11 months later...

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/

Amphitrite

“The underworld beneath our ken…fathoms deep, it murmurs in the motion of the waves, of violent storms and calm surfaces…the ocean is a vast region irresistible to those desiring to discover its secrets. The sea is forever feminine: the cradle of life and cache of treasures awaiting recovery. And many have been found, thanks to the efforts of explorers such as Robert Ballard, discoverer of many significant wrecks such as the RMS Titanic and the battleship Bismarck. To capture the intrigue of this liquid space we present an aquatic potion comprising aspects of water magic: cleansing, purifying, life-affirming. The blooms of waterlily, Bird of Paradise, freesia and delphinium are strewn upon fresh-cut greenery and enhanced with an ozone accord and a light resinous musk. Lovers of our Nymph fragrance will desire to be drowned in the depths of Amphitrite.”

Amphitrite is classified as an Office-Friendly scent and is a limited edition fragrance. I don’t have a full bottle of this blend but will check for a sniffee and report back. I can imagine Amphitrite going quite nicely with one of the social pheromones. It has eight inviting notes of which thyme jumped out at me.

“THYME ~ Protection from negativity, rejuvenating. Health, healing, sleep, psychic power enhancement, love, purification, courage.”

Edited by ComingUpRoses

• 1 month later...

I forgot how much I love this scent, it's clean , floral and fresh. Great for summer and not too strong for work. It starts off a little soapy on me, then turns into a blend of watery floral wonder. It's pretty light and I would have needed to refresh it if I wanted it to last all day, but I didn't apply too much in the first place.

• 5 months later...

Oh my goodness, I really, really love this one. I've been sniffing my wrists all day.

I like it in the vial, but once it dries down I get a gorgeously rich, warm floral. It smells like a rainforest. Now that I've read the reviews, I can see why some think it smells like laundry detergent, but hey--some laundry detergents smell really nice! lol. I didn't get that myself, but it does have a fresh, watery, floral fragrance that I could see some people experiencing as soapy. I like soapy scents, too, so I don't perceive that as a bad thing. I only wish it would last longer. It lasts awhile, but it just seems like one that would last all day, but I've reapplied it a time or two since this morning.

I'm thinking I might need a full bottle of this...someday when my credit card recovers and I stop buying all of the things in the Trading Post.

Oh! One more thing--I think this scent would go really well with La Femme Mystere.

Edited by Lainey