Pirate Bumbo

The Dutchess

I've recently purchased a sample size order of Pirate Bumbo. It came in last week. After my initial sniff from the bottle I didn't really think it would be on my hit list. However, last night I decided to wear it. My opinion of this scent has changed dramatically. I've done several re-applications, because I love it so much. Sniffing my wrist now I can still smell the remnants of its sweet smell from my application ealier today. This, as well as Love Potion Pink, have now been included on my list of full-size bottle must-haves. I hope this is one you will make again when it has sold out.

I had the same thing happen!

When I smelled it in the bottle, I thought "ehhhh it looks like this won't work after all." But once it started to dry down it was really nice. I'm glad I made sure to try it on my skin. It reminds me of Malibu (the drink; I wish I've been to the place) while still being original.

• 1 month later...

Pirate Bumbo

In vial: spiced butter rum with pina colada!

On skin: arrr! This is good! I smell dark rum, caramel, spicy treacle with cinnamon and crackling nutmeg, heavy sugary-booze notes…but then I smell the lighter, fresher scent of fruits lightening up these heavy notes. I smell the pineapple and coconut adding that pina colada scent, with papaya and lime as well. this is a wonderful cocktail of a scent-unusual in that there are very sticky foody notes which usually tend to become overpowering, but there are tropical fruits which make the scent very summery and takes the edge off the thick sugary rum. It's like the dark side of pina colada, spiked with an extra dose of pirate grog. This smells giddy and fun, a very happy and carefree scent, light hearted and decadent, a very different kind of summer scent. the fruit notes lose their strong freshness as the treacle-like spicy rum sugar scent takes over, but I still smell coconut here. it's a spicy coconut butterscotch rum with just a touch of pineapple. I like this a lot-how can I refuse a pirate scent?-but this could become a little overwhelming at times. I love the fruity aspect though. One of my favourite pirate scents!

Booze! And tropical fruits, and caramel. And Booze! I don't enjoy many foody scents, but while this one has a caramel, fruit, rum cake smell, the alchohol note keeps it wearable for me. (DH get's a little queasy, but I think that's because his last drink fest had dire consequences.) Sorry, can't say much more, I'm having trouble typing, as I keep trying to eat my wrist. The pirate's life for me.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Tried this one for the first time last week, but forgot to add my review. Nice, and very unusual......at first, it was heady fruit and booze scent......after about an hour, it smelled almost like an LP.....very similar on me to LP winter solstice, as a matter of fact......then, after about 2 hours, it was almost gone and just left a slightly sweet, clean, almost soapy smell on my skin. I like this one......my main problem? It disappeared too fast! :P But, I re-applied, because it was a very yummy scent......

• 1 month later...

I was planning to save this for another month or so, as I got it specifically to wear for Summer, but we've had summer-like weather for the past two days, so I gave it the Maiden Voyage.

There are some great fruity topnotes in the vial, the lime is especially nice in that it's tangy and not overly sugary. The spices help to tame the alcoholic bite of the rum, the coconut and vanilla give it a nice creaminess...YUM! My only problem is that this really makes me want to break out the cigars (rum has that effect on me, lol) and my sinuses would hate me for that.

But this is totally a tropical getaway in a bottle, ahoy!

• 9 months later...
Pirate Bumbo

In vial: spiced butter rum with pina colada!

On skin: arrr! This is good! I smell dark rum, caramel, spicy treacle with cinnamon and crackling nutmeg, heavy sugary-booze notes…but then I smell the lighter, fresher scent of fruits lightening up these heavy notes. I smell the pineapple and coconut adding that pina colada scent, with papaya and lime as well. this is a wonderful cocktail of a scent-unusual in that there are very sticky foody notes which usually tend to become overpowering, but there are tropical fruits which make the scent very summery and takes the edge off the thick sugary rum. It's like the dark side of pina colada, spiked with an extra dose of pirate grog. This smells giddy and fun, a very happy and carefree scent, light hearted and decadent, a very different kind of summer scent. the fruit notes lose their strong freshness as the treacle-like spicy rum sugar scent takes over, but I still smell coconut here. it's a spicy coconut butterscotch rum with just a touch of pineapple. I like this a lot-how can I refuse a pirate scent?-but this could become a little overwhelming at times. I love the fruity aspect though. One of my favourite pirate scents!

Ditto

this review says everything i got and felt from wearing this, i mixed it with a bit of cuddle bunny and took the heaveness up a notch.

Ditto

this review says everything i got and felt from wearing this, i mixed it with a bit of cuddle bunny and took the heaveness up a notch.

I have totally neglected my Pirate Bumbo bottle. Oooh, I am so going to have to try this with cuddle bunny..hmm, it seems everything is GREAT in cuddle bunny! :D

• 3 weeks later...

i swapped for a sample of this as i am a HUGE fan of boozey scents. i was afraid this would be too fruity and way too sweet for my tastes, though, which is why i didn't wanna pay for it :)

however, i was very pleasantly surprised...that's what i love about artisan perfume blends...you think you know what you're gonna like and what you're gonna hate and you give it a try and sometimes the unexpected totally knocks your socks off.

on me this is a gorgeous, slightly fruity and sweet booze scent.

the booze is on the forefront, but the fruit and sweetness temper it enough so i don't smell like i've been bar-hopping and driving drunk all night.

i think this scent will be especially good for hot, humid summer evenings...it will really get amped by the heat of the skin and the humidity and give a sexy, sultry, i've-been-up-to-no-good kind of scent.

definite winner in my book!

This is a sweet and friendly scent, one to keep around for the bad times :) I don't find it to be terribly boozy (altho I do get some yummy rummy flavor), it's more fruity and gently spicy. I get more pineapple, vanilla, cinnamon and what I imagine is sugar cane out of this than coconut or papaya. Maybe the barest backbone of lime and nutmeg. What else is in here? There's more, they said so! Reminds me a bit of Me, Jane! and it has great staying power like that one as well. It will be the perfect spring into summer scent, and when I go home to Pensacola to see my Dad in his last production for Pensacola Opera at the end of April, I'll make sure I take some of this with me for when I hit the beach and the bars.

• 1 month later...
This is a sweet and friendly scent, one to keep around for the bad times :D I don't find it to be terribly boozy (altho I do get some yummy rummy flavor), it's more fruity and gently spicy. I get more pineapple, vanilla, cinnamon and what I imagine is sugar cane out of this than coconut or papaya. Maybe the barest backbone of lime and nutmeg. What else is in here? There's more, they said so! Reminds me a bit of Me, Jane! and it has great staying power like that one as well. It will be the perfect spring into summer scent, and when I go home to Pensacola to see my Dad in his last production for Pensacola Opera at the end of April, I'll make sure I take some of this with me for when I hit the beach and the bars.

Ahh, Pirate Bumbo and Seville Quarters. :) I'm hoarding this scent. I absolutely LOVE it! I noticed the similarity to Me, Jane (another hoarding scent) as well. Yum!

• 1 year later...