New Private Editions Order Page

Potion Master

Omg...i don't think i could ever purchase anything on my phone. i would end up throwing the dang thing against the wall.

Maybe if you put some sort of disclaimer like: shopping cart is not compatible with some mobile devices. Please use the full site blah blah blah...

Sidenote question: most of the time when I order by email I am on ny computer but it's becaude I've made an order but want to add something. Is it better for me to just pay the initial order and then quickly fill out another one and pay so they get shipped together? I really do need to learn how to do this because I know it inconveniences you.

I'll see if I can googlefu some sense out of new html later but maybe someone esle who knows this can jump in? Sorry it's so frustrating. I think the page looks good though I can see how a grid would work well.

Sidenote question: most of the time when I order by email I am on ny computer but it's becaude I've made an order but want to add something. Is it better for me to just pay the initial order and then quickly fill out another one and pay so they get shipped together? I really do need to learn how to do this because I know it inconveniences you.

It's actually the multiple payments that is the inconvenience, I believe, because they get dinged for paypal fees each time.

Argh, I must say, I really do hate this trend. I spend HOURS every week correcting people's messed up orders because they couldn't use or see drop downs, couldn't see options, didn't fill in blanks, didn't scroll down, and in 99% of the cases, it's because they were placing orders on their phones.

Omg...i don't think i could ever purchase anything on my phone.

I would not try to do an order on my phone either. It's a good phone - I just would not try it.

I refuse to order from my phone. I think I did once and I hate looking at LP on my phone because I like a widescreen for that. It's like watching a movie at the theater in IMAX. 3D how can you go back to watching Avatar on cable when you've seen it in full glory?

Perhaps LalaDinky is correct and it's CSS? Not sure how I would find out.

If this gives anyone a clue, the orig programmer told me that the old html cues will not work on this - such as < c > for centering, or < i > for italic. Instead italic.has become < em > and center has become < span style >.etc.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? It sounds like a next gen of html coding only really, but it just won't speak to the older style.

funny, < i > should work for italics, because < em > is the same thing. Well, they do the same thing. < em > stands for emphasis, but it essentially just italicizes the words. I don't remember < c > working for centering, but <span style="text-align=center"> definitely would.

CSS is not html coding itself, but more "decorative" coding to make the web page pretty. If you have it on a completely different sheet, it's called external style sheet and it should have a ".css" extension and won't work without the ".html" page. If you have it inline or internal, then you just add <style> inside the html page, and it obeys CSS at that point.

Peeking at the source code, you've definitely used it several times on that page alone :::: )

http://www.textfixer.com/resources/css-tables.php <-- that site has some real simple tables that are easy to modify. If you want me to write up one so that you can just copy and paste inline, then I can definitely do that.

Since my laptop died and our internet rarely works, I'm stuck ordering by phone or nothing. My last order by email was due to the complication of multiple gc's and stuff. I managed my pe order via phone but missed my extra bottle, not the fault of my phone (even if it IS terrible, more the fault of my extreme frustration of trying to order driving through welsh hills and losing connection over and over which meant my brain was so fried i didnt notice one had failed. (and it's just taken me 24 hrs to get to edit this!).sorry Mara.

Edited by cinnamonmel

Dinky! I think you may have hit it. There's additional code surrounding the table code on your link as opposed to Hazel's link....which is the kind of table I tried originally. I think it needs that extra stuff. I will give it a try.

And lol, yes, when I first learned to program and put up the first LP site it was way back in 1995, and did equal center back then...not just for text, for images too. This was before Dreamweaver and Flash and all that other stuff; everything was manually coded, and I never learned any other way.

Do you know the code, in this format, for making a link within a page? I forget what that is even called now. So I can make the first sentence jump down to the table?

Thanks so much!!!!

Woot for laladinky to the rescue! :D

• 8 months later...

Oh, I didn't know that this was in the Gift Shop! I honestly usually forget about the Gift Shop altogether:( Plus I'm just now figuring out the whole PE thing anyway.

oh don't forget about the Gift Shop. That's where the PEs and the GGGs are . Go get 'em.

• 2 months later...

I am planning some PEs in the near future and while searching for info on notes for fragrances I came across this page...it lists all of the different categories of notes, what falls under them and it allows you to click on the name beside of each note pic for more in depth info....I bookmarked it and found it extremely helpful, especially for newbies like me... :)

http://www.fragrantica.com/notes

I do have four questions about PEs....1) Is there any way to add a 5th fragrance note if we are willing to pay extra? 2) If we order two PEs together and want them boosted, is it possible to split the boost between the two? 3) Is Lumina available for a boost? It is on some lists and not on others. 4) I had read on the forum about a phero blend called Focus Potion. Is this available?

I had some questions above about PEs and while searching through the forum I found some answers, so instead of deleting the questions for which I found answers, I decided to post the answer here in case others wanted to know the same... :)

1) Is there any way to add a 5th fragrance note if we are willing to pay extra?

Hi Tyvey! :)

Wellll, it's a habit of mine to blend multiple kinds of the same thing to get a smooth, round feel to each note, which is just my personal preference. In the case of Nola, to achieve that Bourbon Vanilla feel, I mixed an actual bourbon vanilla with french vanilla and black vanilla (very bean-y smelling), and then added a nice to dose of bourbon fragrance oil to amp that aspect.

When I make the PEs for example, I limit the customer to 4 notes, but I usually use 12 or more to achieve that 3-4 note feel.

As a perfumer, in my case anyway, a single note is never really just a single note.

Found the answer to another one of my questions... :)

4) I had read on the forum about a phero blend called Focus Potion. Is this available?

Focus Potion is officially sold out for good.

Edited by luna65

thanks for answering... :)

...and thank you for putting my two answers in one post...I tried to do it, but I'm not computer savy and I was creating a mess..lol I feel like a big goof for answering my own questions...next time I will search a little more before asking..anyway, I appreciate your help Halo...:)

Edited by TheBirkeys