Good Phero Rec For Down in the Dumps Grumpy Teen

StacyK

I don't generally like to give kids pheros. but I did give my 17 year old son Top Dog a while back and he liked it. Thought it might help him during those grumpy teen periods. He's been a little extra down lately. Anyway I wanted to give him a small end of school gift. One of his favorite things is Pumpkin pie, anytime. I was thinking of getting him Jack and maybe adding 1/2 dose of OW or Topper. I'm leaning more to OW but wondered if anyone else has some info, experience or imput that may help. Thanks BTW That TOPIC Should say " Good Phero Rec..." :Emoticons04269:

Edited by StacyK

Fixed. :)

I'll defer to others because, yeah, don't really desire or plan to introduce my son to pheromones until he's of age should he decide he wants to utilize them.

Fixed. :)

I'll defer to others because, yeah, don't really desire or plan to introduce my son to pheromones until he's of age should he decide he wants to utilize them.

Thanks for the fix. Yea I thought the same but he's had a tough year, plus he's finishing up taking Accutane. We tried to avoid it for so long but the acne was getting so bad, even the pediatrican said yea its time. It has worked great but downside is it can give you the blues and on a teen, blah. He does no drugs and does not drink. I think a 1/2 dose will be ok, He wont use it everyday anyway.

I know this is a side note because it's not related to pheromones, but I noticed when I've gotten down in the dumps that a few things helped me:

1. If I was feeling illogically angry and would lash out, most of the time I was deficient in Vitamin D. I'd supplement with vitamin D3 20,000-50,000 IUs a day for a few days and be fine. In fact, I could feel a difference shortly after taking the first dose. People's Pharmacy has a great podcast on vitamin D.

2. When I was feeling depressed a lot this past year, I kept tinkering around with supplements or activities like hot and cold showers. I did feel some difference with hot and cold showers (increases blood circulation--great to do in the summer time, and why polar bear swimmers in the winter tend to be very happy :) ) However, what a multi-B vitamin worked really well, but it wasn't until I was researching amino acids that I found the perfect combo for me. I was thinking I needed tryptophan or something like that, but that didn't really work for me. What did it, and I don't remember what turned me onto it, was L-Tyrosine. That with a B vitamin in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon REALLY made a big difference when I felt really sad and just not "with the world" and not wanting to have anything to do with anyone.

I don't regularly supplement with any of these because I tend to forget to take stuff every day. What I do is I supplement when I think about it, or if I start to notice rage/sadness issues-- I supplement for a few days and then I'm fine for weeks or longer.

Just a caution though: B-complex and tyrosine are a "wake up" combo. These shouldn't be taken anytime within 12 hours of going to bed, so most people (from what I remember reading) who supplement with this, stick with mainly just a morning dose. Sometimes a really early afternoon dose in the case of, I believe, body builders.

Thanks guys.

Hazel, I do make sure he gets vitamins but perhaps the extra D would be helpful. Was looking at supplements the other day, they even make EmergenC now with D or an EmergenD so to speak. I know B complex can perk me up. I think we'll definitely do the D and see what's up from there.

BTW I have an amino acid blend that is great, I only take it when I work out. Thats a good back up. thanks. :-)

Edited by StacyK

Google D*Action for tons of great vit. D info. I'd definitely have him tested and let the doc recommend the dosage. Most multi's and stuff like EmergenC don't really have enough D3 to make much of a difference. I take 8000 units a day per my doc.

As for pheros, I agree w/ Halo. OW is great and might be just the thing!

Google D*Action for tons of great vit. D info. I'd definitely have him tested and let the doc recommend the dosage. Most multi's and stuff like EmergenC don't really have enough D3 to make much of a difference. I take 8000 units a day per my doc.

As for pheros, I agree w/ Halo. OW is great and might be just the thing!

This!!! I can't emphasize this enough. After I got my deficiency under control, I only 1000 units to keep my levels right. Anything beyond what you need your body will just flush out, so all that extra D (and $$$$) are literally in the toilet. :)

I haven't been around many teenage boys since I was a teenager, so i got nada for phero advice! I can probably see Topper because anol and DHEAS are my happy pheros.

I am gonna say Open Windows or Topper. Stay away from things with androstadienone as they can cause depression in about 25% of males.

EEK! Ignore my teddybb suggestion then please!

• 2 months later...

I'm curious if a mone was ever tried ... because I'm curious about the outcome. Teenagers and grumpy dad issues in my house so I'm vested in this subject.

Vitamin regimen in place for the dad ... teen is next but as last resort ... I'm curious.

I'm curious if a mone was ever tried ... because I'm curious about the outcome. Teenagers and grumpy dad issues in my house so I'm vested in this subject.

Vitamin regimen in place for the dad ... teen is next but as last resort ... I'm curious.

Definitely try some phero wax melts!!

I know this is a side note because it's not related to pheromones, but I noticed when I've gotten down in the dumps that a few things helped me:

1. If I was feeling illogically angry and would lash out, most of the time I was deficient in Vitamin D. I'd supplement with vitamin D3 20,000-50,000 IUs a day for a few days and be fine. In fact, I could feel a difference shortly after taking the first dose. People's Pharmacy has a great podcast on vitamin D.

2. When I was feeling depressed a lot this past year, I kept tinkering around with supplements or activities like hot and cold showers. I did feel some difference with hot and cold showers (increases blood circulation--great to do in the summer time, and why polar bear swimmers in the winter tend to be very happy :) ) However, what a multi-B vitamin worked really well, but it wasn't until I was researching amino acids that I found the perfect combo for me. I was thinking I needed tryptophan or something like that, but that didn't really work for me. What did it, and I don't remember what turned me onto it, was L-Tyrosine. That with a B vitamin in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon REALLY made a big difference when I felt really sad and just not "with the world" and not wanting to have anything to do with anyone.

I don't regularly supplement with any of these because I tend to forget to take stuff every day. What I do is I supplement when I think about it, or if I start to notice rage/sadness issues-- I supplement for a few days and then I'm fine for weeks or longer.

Just a caution though: B-complex and tyrosine are a "wake up" combo. These shouldn't be taken anytime within 12 hours of going to bed, so most people (from what I remember reading) who supplement with this, stick with mainly just a morning dose. Sometimes a really early afternoon dose in the case of, I believe, body builders.

Ohh Miss Hazel, I can SO realte to this. I am on and off of it too. I get reminded by the ugly, mean and evil sad moods. This is why I am always seeking out the HAPPY pheros! :)