Everything Nice 2013

Beccah

Liz, what is it you love best about this scent? Is it really spicy?

Liz, you've already tried this?

I know everyone is talking about the cumin, but for ME it's the combo of SAFFRON AND Cumin that I loved about the 1st version...hoping this will be an equally good (GREAT) substitute, cause the 1st version is/was PHENOMENAL !! I have few FAVORITES and GOT TO HAVES, this is/was one of them, I bought this unsniffed the 1st time and wished I had purchased 10 !! it had a SPICY, LATIN FLAVOR to it (and it is just be a personal opinion.)

(and it's just a personal opinion.)

Edited by liz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cumin likely is going to amp to high spice heaven, killing this for me so, I'm probably going to be freeing my bottle to live with a loving adoptive parent ! I do *have* to try it though!

That is how I thought, I need to at least try it and if it does not work off to the trades board it goes....

I know everyone is talking about the cumin, but for ME it's the combo of SAFFRON AND Cumin that I loved about the 1st version...

Yeah I really loved the saffron too, that's why I included saffron in Delicious Wood. For me it's the saffron and redwood which made it so wonderful.

Ok so this was one of the first scents I tried - let me back up for a sec and alert everyone that I'm scheduled to bleed any second and everything on me is - giving me a headache - smelling overly masculine - or making me want to eat everything in sight.

This one fell into the - I want to eat everything in sight. It started off a bit creamy, the something came shoving through that was salty and dry. I didnt get much spice - I'm a bit frustrated because nothing smells real right now.

It's like my skin chemistry is half matrix half inception. It's like my life is stopped right now because I can't properly test the NRs

And smell them in their unPMS blood revolution full glory.

Will report back on this one since I know it will smell better I'm a few.

That's soo funny. We'll be waiting. :Emoticons04269:

Yeah I really loved the saffron too, that's why I included saffron in Delicious Wood. For me it's the saffron and redwood which made it so wonderful.

Do you think that since this version does not have the saffron that it will really change the scent?

Ok so this was one of the first scents I tried - let me back up for a sec and alert everyone that I'm scheduled to bleed any second and everything on me is - giving me a headache - smelling overly masculine - or making me want to eat everything in sight.

This one fell into the - I want to eat everything in sight. It started off a bit creamy, the something came shoving through that was salty and dry. I didnt get much spice - I'm a bit frustrated because nothing smells real right now.

It's like my skin chemistry is half matrix half inception. It's like my life is stopped right now because I can't properly test the NRs

And smell them in their unPMS blood revolution full glory.

Will report back on this one since I know it will smell better I'm a few.

I don't think it's your nose or that you're about to bleed, I don't get spicy OR sweet either :(

all I get is REDWOOD (like in Luna's Delicious Wood), and something "plastic-y" :( :(

I hope this ages well

*again...this is only personal experience and opinion*

I got swept up in the ordering frenzy and got a full bottle unsniffed. I was unsure from the bottle and first on. I could smell the cumin, and it smelled like savory food on me, not quite what I was going for. But then the phone rang, and I talked to my sister. I started smelling something and I commented to her, "Did I forget a candle on somewhere? It smells like something baking and goodness knows i'm not!" Then I realized it was my LP! It was all brown sugar and spice, like gingerbread baking. Then the redwood came out and took this from a foody scent to something that is decidedly perfume but has foody notes, if that makes any sense. Baskery was a trickster like this one. Something almost smells like a musky skin note, but I can't figure out what it is. This lies very close to the skin, definitely something that will make you sniff twice. I think Gotcha or SS4W would go well with this. Glad I went FB!!!

It's my opinion that this will not smell like the original until it's had a chance to age, like maybe three months. Personally I am going to wait for Fall to wear it. But the way it is right now is interesting, I think. To me it's sort of a fruity brown sugar and I'm wondering if it's one of those Mara has used in something else like MRF. But I think the spices are going to have to meld before we can really smell the other notes because they have to bring the redwood out - on its own it can smell sort of transparent - but it develops into what we recognize when it's bolstered by other elements.

*edit*

Also, I think at this stage you might get the spices more if you don't shake it up before applying.

I tried this one out a little bit and I like it. I don't have the experience of the original to compare it to but I agree with BB, it reminded me of gingerbread. I could definitely pick out the cloves and allspice. It was sweet and yummy. Compared to others I've liked, it's not as dark either... more a brighter version. I'll have to do an all day test of it and if, as Luna says, it takes a good three months to settle and meld, I'll really be interested to see how it turns out!!

Last night I joined some friends at their annual Summer Solstice Bonfire so I wore EN 2013, and the "spicy sweet" was SCREAMING to push through the Redwood, so I decided to help it a bit by layering w/Flambe...YAY !! and it resembled the original !!

So I wore it again today :) and TONIGHT w/GOTCHA...another fire tonight !!

I almost died of happiness when I first smelled this. TOTALLY WORTH FOUR YEARS OF WAITING. It's that good. It does smell very gingerbread-y, but like an amped-up gingerbread that has a deeper, more luxe and sensual aspect to it, probably due to the redwood that grounds it. I'm really glad that wood note didn't come off like ubermanly cedar on me--it's a warm, sensual wood that is nowhere in the realm of masculine (sorry QG). I am also incredibly happy that the cumin doesn't amp to high heaven on me. It has in some other blends and I was crushed, but nope not this one! The other spices (especially the nutmeg) take the fore along with the brown sugar instead, resting on that lovely warm redwood. If I could rename this I would call it The Gingerbread of Sex. End of story.

It does smell like gingerbread. I like it. It would spell nice with OCCO red.

Oooo, paired with Red...Hmmmm....

This one made my eyes roll back at first sniff upon delivery but I took it for it's first spin with LFN yesterday. Out of the bottle it's all foodie...or is it? There was something distinctly feminine about it and it wasn't just a foodie scent on me. I think Invi nailed it:

If I could rename this I would call it The Gingerbread of Sex. End of story.

This is sophisticated and grown up gourmand...and a goodly amount of LPs have surprised me this way. I'm thinking this is going to be a great food scent but it's a step...no, leap, above that even...not just nommy delish but also grown up, saucy and/or elegant. This one is DEFFINATELY VIXEN through and through! And did I mention, YUM! :love:

Okay I get it. I understand what all the commotion is about. I tested EN this past weekend and it was totally different my first swipe. It smelled like sugared warm butter and bread! It was a hot sugary maple sticky bun!!! I also retested with Occo Red to see if it would change the scent, and It really spiced things up. It was a bit too spicy for me. I mean I was on fire. Like my arms were burning. So I had to wash off a bit so I wouldn't have grilled hot dog arms, I reapplied by itself and I loooooveeeee how deep and buttery this smells on me! I think this is a good bedtime scent. It made me feel so cozy and it didn't make me crave sweets!

Oh my goodness, this definitely needed a rest from traveling!! I tried it on today and got delicious, slightly savory-tinged spicy sweetness, and it just made me sigh and make my mouth water. It goes kinda transparent towards drydown, but still....so glad I got a full bottle!!

I almost died of happiness when I first smelled this. TOTALLY WORTH FOUR YEARS OF WAITING. It's that good. It does smell very gingerbread-y, but like an amped-up gingerbread that has a deeper, more luxe and sensual aspect to it, probably due to the redwood that grounds it. I'm really glad that wood note didn't come off like ubermanly cedar on me--it's a warm, sensual wood that is nowhere in the realm of masculine (sorry QG). I am also incredibly happy that the cumin doesn't amp to high heaven on me. It has in some other blends and I was crushed, but nope not this one! The other spices (especially the nutmeg) take the fore along with the brown sugar instead, resting on that lovely warm redwood. If I could rename this I would call it The Gingerbread of Sex. End of story.

THIS is the review I hope to write. I so hope I don't amp cumin. And OMG CELERY? please no.

Got my shipping notice yesterday.

I am amping the cumin with this one, Idk what my skin does with cumin, but it turns into a sweaty, unwashed kind of note on me. Like armpit stank :/

This one is total YUM! Very sugary spicy with a little bit of redwood on me.

I am glad I got this one as a FB. I really like it by itself and also with layering with other scents. It gives other scents a yummy edible sweeter edge.

PSA--Everything Nice is showing up in the LP shopping cart as only having 1 bottle left FYI.

Most of july makes up for it though :D this was a super month for me.

You mean June? We haven't done July yet!

Wow I'm wearing this today.. I'm all spiced out!

Occasionally a wood base will give me something floral'ish. Usually triggered in combination with another component.

I'm spicy though.. I see this more akin to fall but... the cumin.. which blends in thankfully .. gives me an ever so slightly summertime heat, lets go for Mexican food or to Acapulco thing.

So either hot weather ( still rainy June gloom here in NY, 75) or fall would feel apropos for me with this.I bet this will age great.

Edited by StacyK

( Scratches head) I can't understand it. If it keeps smelling like this on me I can only hope it will age. I get so frustrated with my nose. I can never pick out notes individually really. But def. yes, all I smell on my skin is sort of floral powdery. More on the powder side.

I get no spice either! It smells just like swizzel's fizzers. Offered arm to bf, he says 'oh yeah, that's really nice, it smells like..what were those sweets called..?' he meant fizzers too. Strange.

You're chemistry could be off due to the bun in your oven ;)

I get no spice either! It smells just like swizzel's fizzers. Offered arm to bf, he says 'oh yeah, that's really nice, it smells like..what were those sweets called..?' he meant fizzers too. Strange.

What the heck are swizzle fizzers? LOL

I thought those were Rockets. In Canada, Smarties are little saucer shaped chocolates with coloured candy coating. I used to rub the red ones on my lips when I was a kid. Lipstick! :

Edited by Eggers