Ilori

Beccah

LS you can get some samples and use them in an oil burner the same way you would use a tart.

Oh duh. That makes perfect sense. Thanks Halo :) I guess that holds true for a lot of great scents that I'd love to have in my home. Do you suggest adding to some unscented wax to help it last longer in the burner?

Not to be contrary, but I think (depending on the burner of course -they run at diff temps) it *might* be a good idea to have something to buffer it over the heat. I use an aromastone which is really low temp, but I still find if I put drops of a fragrance oil in, it gets WAY too hot. Test it solo, but keep an eye on it, especially if your burner is candle powered, I'd say. I have used other neutral oils/waxes (i.e. unscented) as a 'base' for my aromastone when I put LP's on...which works pretty well.

I use my oils in my oil warmer all the time - like almost daily. I add a few drops and then add some water..I just have to keep and eye on the water level because sometimes the water burns off before the candle is out. Hmm. You know, I've never had anything bad happen when all the water did burn off. Clean up is always easy. The little extra water just helps the scent last a little longer. I use it before drifting off to sleep almost every night and have other warmers for the rest of the house...one of these days will buy the wax melts - I'm just afraid that will begin ANOTHER obsession! :lol2:

No not really. Wax is only a carrier when it's premixed with the fragrance oil. That's just my gut feeling though I could be totally wrong.

Well I am not arguing at all with your gut or any other part of you for that matter... you do know your stuff. Case in point, I ordered the Chocolate Almond Creme Wax Melt (unfortunately I just ordered ONE) and OMG it is SO incredible. I had read your post about that one and decided to try it. Now I just wish I had bought out the lot, LOL. And well, there's LFN, BB, MLH among the many others you led me to, so I will not waste my time trying to find an unscented wax cube to blend it with.

I think I *need* Ilori in a spray, too, so getting a few samples to boot for the oil burner just makes sense (combining shipping and all, LOL, I can now justify anything when it comes to LPMP) Ilori is one of those scents that I need to watch closely because it's a sleeper favorite of mine... I keep going more and more to it.

Has anyone tried an aroma diffuser or ultrasonic humidifier for diffusing oils? I know you can use essential oils in them so I would *think* it would work.

Edited by LoveStruck55

Well if Katz says wax is good then I trust that it's good. She knows her stuff too. I honestly don't burn oil that much which is why I said I wasn't sure. I just use water then put the oil on top. I use a ramekin so it holds a lot of water and I have never had it run out while burning.

Not to be contrary, but I think (depending on the burner of course -they run at diff temps) it *might* be a good idea to have something to buffer it over the heat. I use an aromastone which is really low temp, but I still find if I put drops of a fragrance oil in, it gets WAY too hot. Test it solo, but keep an eye on it, especially if your burner is candle powered, I'd say. I have used other neutral oils/waxes (i.e. unscented) as a 'base' for my aromastone when I put LP's on...which works pretty well.

As you point out here Katz, I would think much of this (whether to use a carrier/buffer, etc.) depends on the apparatus doing the heating, and if it's relatively gentle heat or can get very hot. I have an ultrasonic diffuser that disperses essential oils really well (without heat) so I think I may try this method too for comparison.

I think Mara warned about toxicity of pheros being burned (as in a candle flame) but would very high indirect heat be a cause for concern?? Of course I doubt if I would waste a good boosted scent for a room anyway. I think I'll defer to Mara's phero wax melts if I want to try that.

I remember "back in the day" (before the popularity of scented candles and LONG before reed diffusers!) it was suggested to put a few drops of scented oils on light bulbs to scent a room. I even remember those cardboard-y type "rings" designed to "sit" atop a lightbulb and you put drops of oil on it. How we didn't burn our houses down is a miracle.

O my goodness I have derailed this Ilori train waay off topic. I'm sure there's another forum I need to frequent to muse over home fragrance "apparati" LOL...

And yes Halo, I agree, Katz definitely knows her stuff too. :kitty4: Great info. TY Katz :)

Edited by LoveStruck55

• 9 months later...

Soooo...I know this is a unisex scent, but it still surprised me that it's in the men's forum. But then, I love green scents.

This one is so interesting to me, in every way. First of all, I love the label. LOVE IT!!! So I was slightly disappointed when I found I didn't love the scent...at first. That was way back when I first received my vial. But, this was the scent that was up for trial yesterday, and I don't know what changed, but now I love it.

It's like the greenest green scent that I have ever smelled. It screams green. It turns a bit perfumey on me, but I still love it. I was sniffing my wrist all day yesterday.

Now I want a bottle and it's sold out. :( Boo.

• 4 months later...

My 14 new samples came today and I've got Spirit Bottle on my right wrist and Ilori on my left wrist.

Spirit Bottle is a 'what is this scent?' scent. I can't place it, but it smells remotely familiar. Like from way back but I don't know where. I'm going to give it some time, but right off the bat I'm not crazy about it.

Ilori is definitely a green scent and smells very familiar. Maybe Salute? I'm hoping the water scents come through, 'cuz water is..uh...cool. In the preliminary battle of left wrist vs right wrist, left wrist (Ilori) wins!

this is a duplicate post that I posted on the Spirit Bottle post - so don't bother with that one...unless it changes...which they often do...

So this turns more blue (think water) after a bit to me. And I like that. This is a good clean scent that I think is more manly as time goes on. Think crisp shirt with rolled up sleeves. So far I like.

Soooo...I know this is a unisex scent, but it still surprised me that it's in the men's forum. But then, I love green scents.

This one is so interesting to me, in every way. First of all, I love the label. LOVE IT!!! So I was slightly disappointed when I found I didn't love the scent...at first. That was way back when I first received my vial. But, this was the scent that was up for trial yesterday, and I don't know what changed, but now I love it.

It's like the greenest green scent that I have ever smelled. It screams green. It turns a bit perfumey on me, but I still love it. I was sniffing my wrist all day yesterday.

Now I want a bottle and it's sold out. :( Boo.

This happened to me with this scent as well…. I did not like it and then I reach for my sample vial and I'm in love, I was so happy I was able to score a bottle of this during the sale