Sea Lily

Beccah

AD-SeaLily_1.jpg

Sea Lily

The fragrance of a beautiful day in the tropics: the breeze carries the scent of flowers – pikaki, orchid, magnolia and water lily – and ripe fruit – pineapple and dragonfruit – as well as the fresh aura of the ocean, mingling with your own warm skin (sweet skin musk and a dash of vanilla), a perfectly-scented moment in time for you to enjoy this summer and beyond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PIKAKE ~
Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
ISLAND ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
MAGNOLIA ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity
WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; chastity, protection.
DRAGON FRUIT ~ Wishes granted, protection, health.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

SALT WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid
of life. Renewal.

I want this one to work on me SO BAD!!!

I know ., It could go so good or not. Sometimes pineapple can be so dominant. Also salt can go either way on me.. but the orchid and watery stuff sound great.

I love the sound of this... but I need to test my sample first.. I have Soaked .. aka Salty ho! I think this will be a cleaner sea scent. Soaked gives me the feeling I should head down to port and wail for the fleet to come in. ;-)

Honestly, I delayed testing this one as I did not think it would work well, given how Soaked left me high and dry. Bah. Silly me to wait. The saltwater note does not make the fragrance mucky or salty at all, and it doesn't have that underwater brine vibe I got with Soaked. To the contrary, it's turning into a very fresh, breezy floral that is more tropical than watery. I would love to splash this on, shimmy into a long gauzy sundress, and go shopping at an outdoor mall. Well done!

For me it's like a fruitier version of Mermaids of Atlantis; the fruit really wins out but that "day in the tropics" feel is still there, everything else is implied, lol. Which is an interesting notion, when a scent implies something you can't necessarily pick out from its components. As it dries down the fruit backs off just a bit to allow the other notes to sort of fill in the space, but it's nicely balanced and has a great "summer fun in the sun" aura.

Instant love! This is exactly what I wanted! Summery fruity floral!! I want to go to the beach now!

I took one sniff of this and said, "Mmmmm!!!" This is the PERFECT fruity-floral that LPMP does like no other. A tropical getaway in a fragrance! I love it!

YES! What they said! This is such a yummy sweet fruity floral out of the bottle but it gives this serious beach vibe...I know I'm having a scent memory of some kind...except my senses are recalling better than my memory :D (guess that happens with age LOL) It's SO great and beachy to me. I was complimented immediately when I got to work and then several more times through out the day (men and women) I think it suited this beautiful day perfectly :love: It's so clean and lovely and there really is this barely there hint of saltwater playing at the edges. Dreamy!

That it does, ma'am. That it does. :::; ]

I think I like this better than mermaids of atlantis, since I prefer fruit over flowers, anyways. This scent is pretty much a special day in paradise. I especially like the inclusion of dragonfruit, since it provides a little something else to the pineapple. Like, fleshiness or watery pulpiness to make the fruity smell more fresh/realistic and less candy-like.

I envision visitors to Hawaii coming to do a wedding on the beach in a resort area like Ko Olina. The ceremony is already finished, and during the reception the couple are trying to eat some fruit from a lavishly decorated platter, but they're up to their eyebrows in leis of pikake, orchids, plumeria, etc...

yeah, this is what they would smell like.

I envision visitors to Hawaii coming to do a wedding on the beach in a resort area like Ko Olina. The ceremony is already finished, and during the reception the couple are trying to eat some fruit from a lavishly decorated platter, but they're up to their eyebrows in leis of pikake, orchids, plumeria, etc...

yeah, this is what they would smell like.

WOW! Now THAT was an awesome description! ^_^

That it does, ma'am. That it does. :::; ]

I think I like this better than mermaids of atlantis, since I prefer fruit over flowers, anyways. This scent is pretty much a special day in paradise.

Hmm... Inspiration to layer the two... I think I will try that today. I wanted to go phero-free today to give myself a bit of a break since I am still so very tired from my whirlwind last two weeks and was trying to figure out which scent.... I'll report back in with my observations :)

I'm so jealous of everyone getting fruit! This one is all floral on me. But I love all the flowers in this, so that's good. It's the softness of the orchid over pikake. I'm not getting much magnolia at all. Or vanilla, for that matter. There's a hint of sweetness that must be coming from the pineapple. The saltwater accord is like a fresh ocean breeze.

The pikake is being a huge brass balled diva on me. :/ I think I amp it a lot- I remember a roommate and I used to share a pikake lotion we kept in the bathroom and I would be a PIKAKE MONSTER for hours afterward while on her it would vanish almost instantly. will see what happens in drydown.

It is the most refreshing sea mist/very light floral/ tropical breezeish LP scent I have. Total love.

On me this is very much like an ocean breeze. I get a very salty water scent, then a little pineapple, and very light orchid/ pitake. I don't get any magnolia.

I wore it this weekend while traipsing outside at the zoo with the family in the heat and it was amazing. I smelled wonderful plus I actually seemed to feel cooler. I went through a entire sample vial in a day with reapplying.

Great summer scent. On my bottle list to order as I think a must have for me on hot days.

I've gotta try this one again. I put a dab on my knee, 'cause all the other available real estate was taken up by other scents, and there was something so unexpected in it! I don't know what it was. I can't even describe it, except to say that I LOVED it. I need to try it again though, 'cause I think I accidentally rubbed it off onto my pj pants. Either that, or my skin gobbled it up. Right now it smells a little like my skin smells after I get out of a pool. :huh:

I tested a small patch on my hand just now to see how it differed from last time I tested, the magnolia bloomed straight through. I didn't mind it though because it was kind of held back a bit by whatever note smells like cucumber. Maybe it's pikake? The result is a very fresh clean smell. The mag does fade after it settles down and what's left is this sweet dill smell. Not bad. Very refreshing.

During the first 10 minutes the Magnolia smacked me down finally after about 15 minutes, the Magnolia is still there all brazen and bold and the pikake is peaking thru. The Magnolia is giving me a huge headache, I'm going to leave it on for a bit more and see if it tames down....

I will re-test this again once I'm home, maybe the great outdoors is affecting how this reacts to me.

I had to go look at the ingredient list for Sea Lily, because that first unidentifiable blast was driving me crazy. What the hell is it? It's BERRIES! WTHeck? :huh: But that's what that first, glorious burst of scent smells like on me. It's like a big, fresh, fruity berry cocktail, heavy on the raspberries. It fades gradually - and sadly - and eventually begins to smell like pool-water skin, which I almost don't mind, 'cause it still smells summery! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I like this summery scent. I wish I could identify florals like everyone else. I don't know a pikake from a plumeria from a magnolia. I know I like every scent with orchid I have tried...and I like Cuddle Bunny which is Jasmine and Water Lily, right? But I don't know which one I am ever smelling...

Anyway, this is summery and refreshing and works on me way better than Mermaids did or The Surfer Babe one did. I don't remember the exact name of it but the The Beach Babe and Surfer Boy one had something that annoyed me and it may have been plumeria. I am always trying to figure out which of these summer tropical florals is the culprit.

This is along the same lines as Rainbow Falls which also works well on me. I'll have to do in an depth ingredient comparison.

Sea Lily was going out on a limb for me...something new to try...and it's a real winner!

While it's true that I love my foodie scents, the wonderful potions here at LP have completly changed my views on what perfume can be and, since these artisan blends are such a far cry from the chemically/commercially perfumes I've always been exposed to, I'm not afraid to try something from here that I'm not quite sure about. Sea Lily is one of those. It read well and sounded like a winner, but not something I would typically choose. It wound up being an experience. The whole idea that the smell of sea water and ocean memories I have from the shore can be bottled???!...my hubby and I always joke about how if we could bottle this or that we'd be rich...Mara has figured that part out for sure! :kisses:

• 2 weeks later...

This one is really strong on me. I only need a tiny swipe and I'm totally scented. This is really refreshing and perfect for summer. It's more floral than fruity on me. And I do get a whiff of that "something " that smells like cucumber. Maybe the salt water? This is nice but I still prefer Mermaids of Alantis or Soaked.

I specifically ordered a sample of this (as my last package had more virgin-scents than pheros) to get some fresh scents for summertime. I like more sweet/foodie scents at night and lighter, floral, fruity scents during the day. This perfectly fit the bill! When I first put it on I got a fresh, floral bubblebath scent. As drydown sets in I still get the soapy, clean floral scent but a couple seconds into the sniff comes the tropical fruit. It's like I'm at a fancy hotel in Hawaii taking a bubblebath with tropical flowers and slices of fruit floating in the water!

• 4 months later...

I still haven't gotten a bottle of this, although I plan to remedy that soon. I love this one... it's floral mostly, with a background of fruit. Perfumey but not overwhelming. Perfect for summer, and yet I just had the urge to wear it today, when it's clear and cold.