Sweet Chic w/ Popularity Potion

AD-SweetChic_1.jpg

HOT SPUN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
BERRY SUGARS ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life. Protection, communication, peace, calm.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
MAGNOLIA ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.
LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
DARK CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went full bottle right out of the box. Anything with PopPot has got to be good! Doesn't hurt that the fragrance notes sound spot on, either!

After reading the ingredient list it sounds so good. My one concern is it could do a Candy Pop thing on me and all I end up smelling is LEMON. But candy pop was verbena so maybe it 'll be different with lemon.

After reading the ingredient list it sounds so good. My one concern is it could do a Candy Pop thing on me and all I end up smelling is LEMON. But candy pop was verbena so maybe it 'll be different with lemon.

Verbena & lemon are two different fragrances, so hopefully the lemon will behave differently. Lemon in candy-sweet fragrance blends brightens the blend & keeps them from becoming cloying, imo. I bet this one will work out just fine for you.

Lemon in candy-sweet fragrance blends brightens the blend & keeps them from becoming cloying, imo.

Yeah I'm assuming it's there to create the "blue raspberry" effect for the cotton candy portion of the experience.

Verbena & lemon are two different fragrances, so hopefully the lemon will behave differently. Lemon in candy-sweet fragrance blends brightens the blend & keeps them from becoming cloying, imo. I bet this one will work out just fine for you.

I 'm hoping this one works. Candy Pop was so frustrating because I could smell the fragrance I wanted to smell underneath but the verbena just sat on top and continually poked me in the nose. :-) My chemistry just amped it like crazy.

I'm no stranger to citrus but that one.. wow

Edited by StacyK

Really looking forward to the sample. It sounds so good and I'd love to have another LP with PP in it. Funny how all our chemistry plays tricks with various notes. :bday1029:

I'm super excited for this one! I hope it works because I must have that label on a FB bottle!

Yes!! I'm a LP label lover too. :-)

I'm super excited for this one! I hope it works because I must have that label on a FB bottle!

I'm right there with you! The notes & the label have me on pins & needles awaiting my sample pack :) I think I will cry if this one doesn't work for me.

The blend of notes looks incredible, but I can't use PP (too much a-nol). Teak, chocolate & vetiver look like a great base for the flowers.

I tried this one last night and it automatically reminded me of the one Lucy episode where she is in a tub I think with Ethel and they are smashing grapes with their feet. I always wanted to try that because she made it look like so much fun. The berries for some reason all turned grapey on me. Like candied grapes dipped in merlot with a tinge of musk. I got nothing other than grapes and musk from this, which is weird because berries usually smell pinkish on me. I am going to have to retest this in a couple of days to see what it does because I know I amp hot spuns sugars.. since I am made up of 80% pink hot sweetness.

because I know I amp hot spuns sugars.. since I am made up of 80% pink hot sweetness.

LMAO!!!!!

I'm jealous yours is there so fast!! The perks of being local, I suppose. But you say all you got was grapes and musk...? Even the chocolate behaved? I'm starting to think I might be able to wear this!

LMAO!!!!!

I'm jealous yours is there so fast!! The perks of being local, I suppose. But you say all you got was grapes and musk...? Even the chocolate behaved? I'm starting to think I might be able to wear this!

Yes that is all I got. My body devoured the chocolate. There was nada. I am about to bleed though so everything, I mean everything is off- I tried to wear Coconut Musk yesterday to run errands and I wanted to die. I had to wash it off, the musk was too overwhelming for me. I'm sure in a few days this will be a totally different scent, since it's more complex than Frambuesca for example.

LMAO!! Maybe I should return home to CA to be closer, HA!

I can't wait to try this.. I do hope I get more than Merlot. Dark cocoa usually pops on me.. and I like it... so I'm hoping to get pink and cocoa. Humm I wonder if your currently amped body PH is mixing that scent in such a way .. that's why you smell Merlot. Some Merlots can have cocoa notes, and sometimes a velvety lavender too. Interesting... you should try it again in 10 days.

Edited by StacyK

I tried this one last night and it automatically reminded me of the one Lucy episode where she is in a tub I think with Ethel and they are smashing grapes with their feet. I always wanted to try that because she made it look like so much fun. The berries for some reason all turned grapey on me. Like candied grapes dipped in merlot with a tinge of musk. I got nothing other than grapes and musk from this, which is weird because berries usually smell pinkish on me. I am going to have to retest this in a couple of days to see what it does because I know I amp hot spuns sugars.. since I am made up of 80% pink hot sweetness.

Oh no! I sure hope I don't amp the grape!! Grrr, that wouldn't be so grape...er, great. I ordered a FB this morning, unsniffed.

Do you detect the Magnolia in this one at all?

Got my sampler today. I had just slathered a bunch of DTP on, before checking the mailbox (rookie mistake). On what real estate I had available, I applied a smidge of this. I'm picking up the lavender & chocolate notes the strongest, which actually came off a little bit minty. Lavender is in the mint family, so that makes sense. I'm going to let this settle & give it a fair trial tomorrow.

This is a total morpher! I see (smell?) where you're getting the grape vibe on immediate application -- but it was there and gone in seconds, immediately followed by lavender then . . . spearmint?! How funny! But the mint was just a hint and disappeared in a flash. Oh, this is fun! The chocolate is wayyy back there, where I want it to be. Oh, here come some well-modulated citrus and florals. Now I'm picking up the background depth (bottom notes?) but something I don't recognize is staying with it. The lavender, maybe?

Oh my, I love this! It is such an interesting, complex scent. It's settled down into a delicious berry-lavender based fragrance. And I'm getting all smiley-faced from inhaling all the PopPot phero.

So glad I bought this fb. I'm calling this my "Happy Juice" because that's what it does.

Edited by Just Ducky

oh wow, good description^ I just can't wait to give all of the June scents a test drive....

Oh Sweet Chic......you're not delivering the sweet berry goodness you delivered in the vial. However, my skin immediately delivers a lavender-chocolate niceness. The mint that some people are picking up, must be due to the lavender type, imo. I have just applied this 10 minutes ago, so let's see where it heads (hopefully to a full bottle purchase).

ETA: After 1 hour of wear, this is a nice scent, but so very soft & faint on me. The pink sugars are completely overtaken by the lavender/chocolate notes & Sweet Chic is lying very close to the skin on me. I'm going to put this away for a couple weeks & try it again before giving it a final verdict. Although I am sad that this isn't an immediate full bottle purchase for me, it is probably in the best interest of credit card's well being ;)

Edited by Beccah

Hard to descibe this o me,a berry lite floral-ish...not a typical Calii scent but YOWZA,sure reminds me why I really should wear Pop P more often :cat690::lol:

This is really interesting. It opens with a berry blast with a bit of lavender. Then it goes through a floral stage where I can clearly smell the magnolia. I never get the chocolate. The berry and florals fight for about an hour and then after the long dry down the berry sugars win. It smells similar to the infamous Pink Sugar to me at that point. Which I love. Full bottle!

an hour and a half in I get the chocolate, it's in the background with the magnolia, very creamy dreamy.

Edited by halo0073

This is really interesting. It opens with a berry blast with a bit of lavender. Then it goes through a floral stage where I can clearly smell the magnolia. I never get the chocolate. The berry and florals fight for about an hour and then after the long dry down the berry sugars win. It smells similar to the infamous Pink Sugar to me at that point. Which I love. Full bottle!

an hour and a half in I get the chocolate, it's in the background with the magnolia, very creamy dreamy.

Jealous! Lol.

I love this wet!! I wish it stayed that way, with all the hot spun sugar goodness, and all the other yummy ingredients popping in and out. The dry-down is nice, but now, 8 hours later, it's such a bright berry that it almost verges on grapey. That's all that is left as I try to stick my nose down my top.

Scent memory!! My friend Lacy's Halloween party, sixth grade. It was warm and we were running around outside by the pond on their property. It smelled like Sweet Tarts and Skin so Soft (for the mosquitoes). LOL! That's what I got when I first put this on, a shock of candy and musk. But only for a minute. Then I smell mint, but like Beccah said, I'm sure it's the lavender. It's definitely done this on me in other scents, but the difference is that it totally works for me in this scent! the floral notes come out, and it is glorious! I don't get any chocolate at all, and not much lemon, just enough to keep the sweetness in check. This is the perfect carrier for PP! I only sampled this because chocolate, berries, and lavender can all be death notes on me, but this is wonderful! Full bottle consideration.

You know, I don't have distinct memories of magnolias but clearly I must have been surrounded by them where I grew up because most of the scents with it take me straight back to my childhood!

This is another one that I could go FB on right now..With all those ingredients, I'm surprised, but I'm really only getting the cotton candy/berry sugars and some musk, lol - super duper yum!

I couldn't wait to open this and smell this, based on everyone else's vastly varied reviews.

First sniff out of the vial: Licorice??

Second sniff: Tobacco??

Third sniff: Spearmint?

So with it on my skin, it is morphing from the spearminty into the berry spun-sugar, but with a touch of deepness, possibly from the oud? I'm not detecting any chocolate or florals. Levitation to me is a light pink scent, and Sweet Chick is a deep pink scent, maybe bordering on purple, so I get why some people would interpret grape. Oh, now about 30 minutes later I can detect a hint of chocolate, with a little florals? What an interesting dry-down!

Me likey. :love:

The things y'all are getting out of this...wow. :lol:

For me, this is cotton candy with a complex base underneath; I might almost compare it to LP Pink. But it doesn't really change on me, at least not at this stage in its life. Underneath I get a sense of florals and amber but it's more of a suggestion. That gives it a sense of adult cotton candy like other fragrances using the same trope, I would imagine. It's a little too pointy on me, I'm thinking that's the lavender making itself known. I don't get any chocolate.

Sweet mother of crap, y’all. After years, I finally hit my sweet spot with PP. I am wearing Sweet Chic today entirely for the scent. My boss called in, so I had to pick up some meetings for her…including one with a very difficult to manage physician. Even outside of work he isn’t particularly personable. The meeting went very well, despite the fact that I had to deliver info that would normally send him into a rage. He took it like a soldier. I credited this to the fact that I wasn’t coming to him in my usual role but that of my boss, who is the right hand person of our ceo. But flash forward to the looooooong coffee line a couple minutes ago. He comes up behind me, stands for a minute or so, and then asks how I’m doing, what my plans are for the weekend, and so on. We actually had a conversation! I know stuff about him I didn’t before! I know where his mom lives! He even laughed when I made a funny! A couple of people in line were looking at him like he was a damn pod person. I know I was! LOL!! Okay, I just took a break from typing for a minute because a coworker was apparently in line a few people back, and she just stopped by and leaned in my office and said, “Did you smell alcohol on Dr. X? Because what the hell was that?” This is truly how out of the ordinary this was.

OMG….I finally see the wonder that is Popularity Potion. I’m so glad Halo encouraged me to keep trying it. Do you know how easy this is going to make my next couple of weeks? Does this come in a gallon size?