Private Editions for JUNE 2013

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't you reserve all you wanted of yours before she put up the remainder? That's why Mara does it that way.

I'm in clinicals all day so I get very little time to peek in and see what's what. Thats why I put in ASAP ... <3

Molls, I'm all for sharing the love.., I would do that! :-))

Edited by StacyK

Omg we got a doctor in the hizzie!!!'

Lol. Yeah. It's not that glamorous . It's fun though. LOL.

Lady V.. it's the NURSES that rock the house!!!

Well, I don't know about all of that....... :lol: J/k I have quite a few nurses in my family.

Edited by Pursestan

Omg we got a doctor in the hizzie!!!'

Lady V.. it's the NURSES that rock the house!!!

Ah, but it's the administrators who keep the lights on in the house! ;)

And the HIPAA people to keep everyone in line!! LOL

LOL. Except that I'm almost done with my MBA and am also part of the administration. :P

I'm part of the growing army of MD, MBA's. Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment.

LOL. Except that I'm almost done with my MBA and am also part of the administration. :P

it's the trend.. we have several at our facility.

LMAO!!!!

;)

If we're reserving here, then, I would like 12 of each of Luna's

:lol:

You are such a nut! :P

Haha - I knew there was some extra ... :lol:

I'm on call tonight so won't be online (ya know, patients first, LOL), but if you you are taking requests I'd like one of the Sweet Pussy Cats.

The pussies are all SNATCHed up?

Hey we want some pussy!'

Me too, sister, Me too.

Way cool. What is your medical specialty if you do not mind stating here? Actually with all the rules in place and going into place you almost have to have an MBA. And a degree in IT helps too.

I think I only did one. I forgot to do a back up bottle. :fright04238:

See I learned my lesson about that and that's why I take it all.

Are we going to be invoiced for these or should we just pay via Paypal directly?

See I learned my lesson about that and that's why I take it all.

As much as I might have wanted your Floofy (alright that came out bad) I don't blame you!

Way cool. What is your medical specialty if you do not mind stating here? Actually with all the rules in place and going into place you almost have to have an MBA. And a degree in IT helps too.

Pediatric Anesthesiology.

And you're definitely right. There are a million rules that change year-to-year. Plus, people are starting to realize that we actually need clinicians involved in running hospitals, not just people with business degrees (the MBAs know how to run a hospital from the business side, but don't understand the real-life, human side of things). The problem is that they don't teach doctors the business side of medicine in medical school. Hence the push for more MD, MBAs. You really need both sides.

Anyhow, enough about that.

I want a bottle of Sweet Pussy. Is it really all gone?

Ouch. Kind of a big generalization.

No offense, but that's my experience (and the experience of most of the other MDs who are working on MBAs that I come across--with all of us being from different areas of the country and institutions). I spend a lot of time trying to reign them back in during meetings. It's money this, money that. But those monetary decisions often directly affect quality of care.

If that doesn't apply at your place of business, then kudos. You should bottle the mojo and try to teach it to others in your position. It could be a business opportunity. I'm serious.

I hope I don't miss out on reserving a bottle of brown sugar black amber, that's the one I'm super curious about!

No offense, but that's my experience (and the experience of most of the other MDs who are working on MBAs that I come across--with all of us being from different areas of the country and institutions). I spend a lot of time trying to reign them back in during meetings. It's money this, money that. But those monetary decisions often directly affect quality of care.

If that doesn't apply at your place of business, then kudos. You should bottle the mojo and try to teach it to others in your position. It could be a business opportunity. I'm serious.

Not just my current place, but many, many others. I did consulting for awhile in graduate school and before I came to my place and got the opportunity to spend time in many different health care orgs. Just not true and I did find it to be a bit offensive.

ETA: Interesting anecdote. An overwhelming number of renowned hospital administrators are actually engineers by training. And the leader of the first healthcare organization to win the Baldridge was a nun. No clinical nor business training. My thought is that you don't have to know every single thing, but if you surround yourself with an able team, you don't need to, and that makes a great leader, in all fields.

Sorry for the threadjack folks, but this is something that hits very close to home and cuts deeply, as this is something that is said of administrators quite frequently.

Edited by BlueBear

GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!! :lol:

I had no idea there would be such a run on these! I was gonna put them on Artfire, but we'll just do it here and I'll put anything left on Artfire.

To answer Q's:

LadyV, I already nabbed you that second bottle, I knew you'd want it.

Mel, I only added the cops to your bottles, not the master bottles. Do you want the additional bottles cop'd as well?

Invi - I'll invoice for them so I can keep track.

Descripts in a few mins....

Not just my current place, but many, many others. I did consulting for awhile in graduate school and before I came to my place and got the opportunity to spend time in many different health care orgs. Just not true and I did find it to be a bit offensive.

ETA: Interesting anecdote. An overwhelming number of renowned hospital administrators are actually engineers by training. And the leader of the first healthcare organization to win the Baldridge was a nun. No clinical nor business training. My thought is that you don't have to know every single thing, but if you surround yourself with an able team, you don't need to, and that makes a great leader, in all fields.

Sorry for the threadjack folks, but this is something that hits very close to home and cuts deeply, as this is something that is said of administrators quite frequently.

Sorry to offend, but it's my opinion and my personal experience so I'll stick to it. We can agree to disagree on this subject and still agree that LP perfumes rock!

Re: the Admin/MD/healthcare threadjack - that's why it's difficult to make generalizations, because there is so much variation here in the US. It can vary from one part of the country to another, and I see huge differences even just in my state.

Back on topic: yay for impending descriptions!! I have to head to my 2nd job so save me some goodies!!!

Wow. I am so late to the party. I was waiting for descriptions before requesting and then got stuck in flight delays returning from Las Vegas. .. I seem to have missed out on LV's Sweet Pussy. Sigh. Would have loved to score a bottle. What about a bottle of Black Sugar Amber?

Edited by Chaionlife

Ok, so now that the notes and descriptions have been added, anyone want to change the reservations they made over the last page?

ADPE-SpringJR.jpg

Spring's Jasmine Rain

4 Bottles Available

Spring asked for: "ozone, water-fresh, jasmine and earth. I'm looking for an airy scent that smells of walking in the rain with soft whispers of jasmine blowing in the breeze. Feeling alive, playful, sexy." This came out beautiful! Watery fresh and very natural.

ADPE-MelissaCI.jpg

Melissa's Creamy Iris

4 Bottles Available

CinnamonMel asked for: "iris, creamy coconut, white amber... a creamy blue perfume" Gorgeous floral, this one turned out kind of a creamy greeny-blue, because the Iris is so fresh and natural smelling, added to that a few drops of water accord and coconut cream and white amber.

ADPE-MelissaBB.jpg

Melissa's Butterfly Bait

5 Bottles Available

CinnamonMel says: "carnation, a touch of the most sugary turkish delight type rose, white patchouli, and a vanillary/marshmallow type sugar. i want something floral but super sweet, sugary-sexy" I LOVE the way this one came out. Very sweet, based around Pink Carnations and Sweetheart Roses, a few drops of White Patchouli and 3 kinds of marshmallow.

ADPE-Maiea-Snake.jpg

Maiea's Year of the Snake

2 Bottles Available

Gorgeous herbal scent, light, fresh and invigorating, crafted on a bed of Bamboo and Birch Leaf, decorated with EO drops of Roman Chamomile, Rosemary, Clary Sage, Spearmint, and Vetiver.

ADPE-LunaQQ-Hounds.jpg

Q&Q's Release the Hounds by Luna

0 Bottles Available, sorry, but there's about a dozen itty bitties that will be included in freebie packs.

Even though Luna hogged ALL of hers :lol: I will list the notes for the curious. I love the way this one came out. It's sexy ENGLISH boy smell at it's best. English Ivy and dry tobacco leaf, a few drops of well worn leather aroma over a sexy Arabian Musk. purrrrrrr....

ADPE-LunaFloofy.jpg

Luna's FLOOFY!

0 Bottles Available, sorry, but there's about a dozen itty bitties that will be included in freebie packs.

All hogged! But for the curious...concept: fluffy gardenia, cute tropical...ingredients: a gorgeous gardenia over coconut cream, sugar cane and fluffy marshmallow, with a touch of smooth white amber in the base.

ADPE-LinaSS.jpg

Lina's Summer Slurp

3 Bottles Available

Lina asked for: "Fresh honey, mango, cherry and honeysuckle - want a springy/summer scent that's sweet, dripping with ripe fruit and honeysuckle nectar. I want to smell good enough to eat on a hot day!" Mango and our most syrupy honeysuckle start the show, with a dash of light, bright spring honey, followed by drops of wild cherry on a based of smooth amber. This one will make your guy's mouth water and he'll want to lick you alllll over. SLURP!

ADPE-LadyVPussycat.jpg

Lady Victoria's Sweet Little Pussycat

6 Bottles Available

Victoria's concept is beachy, but I was thinking it's creamy enough for a kitty to lick! Plus, doesn't that pic look just like her?! Crafted of coconut cream, lots of frothy whipped cream accord, creamy ylang ylang, and a dash of white musk. Here's LadyV's hilarious description: "I am completely obsessed with coconut right now and I was thinking for my summer slut coco ho scent.. What do you think of COCONUT MILKY CREAMY,YLANG, SWEET MUSK ( like in french musk ) WHIPPED CREAM OR MARSHMALLOW? Like White Bikini Meets Sensual Harmony for BJS and Titty F*cking on the Beach.. Like She's a big beach tease that smells like a Goddess but she won't have sex on the beach because its overrated and she doesn't want sand in her snatch" :lol:

ADPE-HaloCL.jpg

Halo's Cocoa Lily

12 Bottles Available

Lady V had this created to Halo's specs as her birthday prezzie. Don't we just have the coolest gals in the world here?! This scent shares some of the the ingredients in Halo's famed Angelique, but with a whole new twist. Lily of the Valley and Casablanca Lily combined with White Chocolate (aka Cocoa Butter) and Marshmallow fluff over a sheer base of white amber and white musk.

ADPE-Ann-BSBA2013.jpg

Ann's Brown Sugar Black Amber 2013

10 Bottles Available

The richest Indian Black Amber Resin paired with thick and syrupy Brown Sugar, and a hint of Black Vanilla. Deep, dark and heavenly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want the pink rose one butterlfy!!!!!!!!!!!

and thank you Mara for that second bottle!!!! You know me so well!! Better than I know myself lol!

and the black amber cat sugar one.

omg I just spazzed out looooool

Mels butterfly and Anns Cat amber

Edited by luna65

Mara, thank you for letting us change based on the notes you just posted.... I would like to delate my request of Lina's Summer Slurp and replace it with Ann's Brown Sugar Black Amber 2013...

Thanks so much for letting us change....Your the BEST!!!!!

If a Butterfly Bait is available, may I call it? Thank you!

ohh just got back on. Beatuiful and so creative.

I placed a request earer for a Lady Vs Pussycat, Halos ( I knew the white musk was there. lol) and the Ann's Amber still loving 'em.

Can't wait to do my own :-))

Edited by StacyK

Ill keep my request for Sweet Pussycat and add Butterfly Bait if its still available..

And can't wait to receive my PE Summer Slurp!!! I'm sure it will be AMAZING!!

Edited by hearts

HA HA HA.. we all have our roll to play. My aunt was a nurse for 20 years ish.. before getting her MBA and going to the admin side. She's told me some crazy ass stories...and I'll tell ya.. we can all complain but she was a nurse when the doctors could do things like throw (hard) a chart at a nurse w/o ramifications .. those were the good ole disturbing days. I'm fairly new to the game but shit we all have it a lot better now. I could never do admin, but it's all good that there are those who do it well... we all help keep the wheel turning.

We are all in similar lines of business hoping to help and make a difference.

..and you too Molls & Pursestan. I didn't catch your quotes darn phone it acting up. XOs

side note..BB quote .." And the leader of the first healthcare organization to win the Baldridge was a nun. No clinical nor business training. My thought is that you don't have to know every single thing, but if you surround yourself with an able team, you don't need to, and that makes a great leader, in all fields."

Just a bit of history. The first hospitals and those who ran them were attached to churches and started by nuns ( it goes with the original christian credo) and the Catholic Church was one of the first to go big with this. It's a longstanding tradition. Nuns were the original admins/social workers in hospitals and that still holds true today in catholic hospitals.

If you've ever had the op to see a nun politely tell someone why they are batshit crazy to not give their kid much needed medicine or calm someone down when they get super riled up because oh the ins co is a pain or we won't give them an antibiotic b/c they have a freakin Virus..well it's pretty much something to behold.

.. Thought you guys might find that entertaining being in the biz.

Edited by StacyK