Private Editions for JUNE 2013

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a bunch of research before diving in on the creamy iris myself :)

Apparently:

when "iris" is in a perfume it USUALLY means the (orris) ROOT, which I saw described as smelling like violets/dirt/carrots/powder/lipstick :D

Some iris FLOWERS have no smell, but a few, eg the ones with the huge blue/purple heads, do - not very heady, & it's apparently unique and very hard to descrbie -- people say it just smells purple, and maybe watery &/or powdery.

It sounds as though this PE involves the flower one more than (?) the root one.

This is all according to the internet though so please correct me if I'm wrong. I do seem to remember smelling iris flowers before and the scent being very faint but a transparent, very delicate, very faintly purple scent, not heady or big at ALL.

To me iris is like violet's more sophisticated, extremely stylish cousin, I looooove violet, but iris for me just has the edge if it's good. The visual I got for my PE when thinking of the notes was the colours inside a mussel shell. The feel I get is silk crepe underwear in a muted hyacinth blue, creamy skin, no tan. The wearer has been at the beach, and an English beach at that, one where they can afford their own beach hut to laze in all day, then go home and change out of their sand flecked beach clothes into the aforementioned underwear and sit like that, watching the sun set before they eat something exquisite for dinner. :D

Violet is like a slightly brash but really funny nineteen thirties cutie, very pretty, a little loud,but with a good heart, and great lipstick.

Iris is a little more reserved, in more expensive clothes and not chewing bubble gum.

Violet is like a slightly brash but really funny nineteen thirties cutie, very pretty, a little loud,but with a good heart, and great lipstick.

Iris is a little more reserved, in more expensive clothes and not chewing bubble gum.

:lol: WOW! What a description! lol Nice!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got my PEs! WOW! Ok in the bottles - and it isn't fair because I just pulled them from the mail -

Creamy Iris is! Creamy I mean. Like SO YUM creamy foodie floral pretty!

The Brown Sugar Black Amber is nomilicious! :in-love:

Halo's Cocoa Lily is strongly floral, not what I expected...but like I said, I JUST pulled them from the mail. And I'm not scared of it seeming so floral because lily and I have a good relationship so far as I'm aware.

Spring's Jasmine Rain is really crazy! HOW do you DO that? :blink::huh: In the bottle something reeeeally smells like rain :Emoticons04280: It smell fresh and green and, yes, floral...but HOW did Mara bottle rain? THAT'S SO COOL!!!

Can't wait until tomorrow after they settle from travel...Soooo excited - thank you to everyone who made this possible...those who dreamed up the ideas and then shared them and Mara who made the reality :Emoticons0804::LuvU396::you-rock:

Edit: Not sure why this post is looking so funky???

Edited by NuTrix

Ooooooh! Creamy Iris IS NOMMALICIOUS! Oh, this one is going to be VERY easy to slather! SO creamy and girly and the Iris isn't the beat you over the head floral...it's sweet and light and thick creamy soft fluffiness...YUM! AMAZING! :Emoticons04235:

Ooooooh! Creamy Iris IS NOMMALICIOUS! Oh, this one is going to be VERY easy to slather! SO creamy and girly and the Iris isn't the beat you over the head floral...it's sweet and light and thick creamy soft fluffiness...YUM! AMAZING! :Emoticons04235:

Oh, my gosh this one sounds amazing...thanks for the great review....

Yay..Nutrix, glad you like it, Mara did it perfectly :)

Before LP it would have been really strange to me to think of a flower scent as creamy. I have a whole new appreciation for what floral can be now thanks to Mara...gone are the days of believing all florals are over powering, spike in the eye, commercial, chemically grammy scents or scents that people wear to deliberately torture others that make us catch our breath - choking because we got caught in their jet stream...OH! They're still out there... <_< but it DOESN'T HAVE to be that way! Mara's proven it to me :hi5:

Halo's Cocoa Lily is very lily on me...but lily and I get along well and I reeeeeally like it! It's not a bowl you over floral at all - NICE! :heart708:

Mara, when I've been ready to order, I've ignored your previously sent invoices intended to reserve things for me, & just bought GCs for those things along w/the other stuffI hope that's ok/doesn't mess up your counts etc.? -

to spite payal, I didn't want to pay the invoices AND then place a separate order for the other stuff,

and to save you extra work (?) I didn't want to ask you to add the other stuff to the existing invoice.

Please let me know if you want me to do differently

Edited by tyvey

Is there any Sweet Little Pussycat left??

TONS! I made a bunch extra the second time around. I need to get that on Artfire...

Mara, when I've been ready to order, I've ignored your previously sent invoices intended to reserve things for me, & just bought GCs for those things along w/the other stuffI hope that's ok/doesn't mess up your counts etc.? -

to spite payal, I didn't want to pay the invoices AND then place a separate order for the other stuff,

and to save you extra work (?) I didn't want to ask you to add the other stuff to the existing invoice.

Please let me know if you want me to do differently

Either way, Tyvey! You're right, it's better to pay once, but either way you decide is fine.

TONS! I made a bunch extra the second time around. I need to get that on Artfire...

Excellent! I was thinking the second batch was gone already.

I would love a Sweet Pussycat boosted with Bang!

I will be making an order once NRs are up tho. Should I just add GC to my order to pay for it and make a note?

Edited by hearts

• 5 weeks later...