OCCO Red More Cops than LP Red Boosted with Cops?

I feel like the OCCO Red has more cops in it than my LP Red boosted with Cops. Is there anything to this?

I'm also wondering if the OCCO Red is a bit lighter of scent than LP Red? It seems like my LP Red roll on is heavier than the OCCO.

I just adore the LP Original and Red when it first hits my skin, but then all the sweetness seems to be eaten up and I'm left with the 'other stuff' like a spicyness. If the sweet stayed for more than a few minutes I would probably get everything in these two scents! I also remember loving Passion and desire because it seemed like the sweet part lp red stayed and mixed with lp Black then after a little while everything seems to disappear and I am left with only lp black as if its what I put on in the first place. I think it's sold out though?

I love the sweet of Marks Tonka Tobacum too, but the tobacco is just so strong.

OCCO Red and LP Red are two different scents, but are made to coordinate and layer well. From what I understand, LP Red is a more "complex" scent than OCCO Red, as Mara created the OCCO line in such a way that the scents could be recreated easily.

OCCO is almost pure cops, so yes, there should be more cops in a bottle of OCCO Red than in LP Red.

As far as the disappearing sweetness, it may just be one of those flukes with your skin chemistry. If I recall correctly, some people who had issues with various disappearing scents obtained a bottle of the silicone base from Mara.....they stated that if they applied it (kind of like a lotion) prior to the scent, the scents stayed true longer. You may want to give it a try.

I hadn't known you could ask for just a bottle of the silicone base. I have some scents that are really lovely (Velvet Kisses) but it tends to disappear really quickly on my skin. It would be nice to have something available for just those scents you know have that effect!! Thank you for mentioning that Dolly.

I'm really excited to layer the OCCO Red with LP Red. Have you liked it Madison? Does it tend to brighten the scent?

I hadn't known you could ask for just a bottle of the silicone base. I have some scents that are really lovely (Velvet Kisses) but it tends to disappear really quickly on my skin. It would be nice to have something available for just those scents you know have that effect!! Thank you for mentioning that Dolly.

I'm really excited to layer the OCCO Red with LP Red. Have you liked it Madison? Does it tend to brighten the scent?

I am not 100% sure she still offers it, but it can't hurt to ask!

I decided to take a look on ArtFire and it looks like you can buy it!! Dolly, is this what you were talking about?

Product Description
Pure Cyclopentasiloxane Silicone ~ aka CPS or D5 - 1 fl.oz.

HIGHEST GRADE, cosmetic quality, skin-safe unscented silky base for fragrances, bath, body and hair products, and pheromone products. Molecularly too large to be absorbed into the skin, so may extend the wear of fragrances and pheromones - and preserve the fragrance or pheromone from reacting with the skin chemistry of the wearer. Considered a clean, safe, hypoallergenic product.

Mixes with pure alcohol, does not mix with water or DPG - there's no ill effect from the combination, but like salad dressing, you have to shake before each use.

The only manufacturer warning states that it should not be combined with peroxides, as it will polymerize.
It's $8.95 and definitely is worth the money if it helps to make your scent last long or stay truer!! I think I will add a bottle to my order so I can wear Velvet Kisses without going through the whole bottle in a day. :D

I decided to take a look on ArtFire and it looks like you can buy it!! Dolly, is this what you were talking about?

Product Description
Pure Cyclopentasiloxane Silicone ~ aka CPS or D5 - 1 fl.oz.

HIGHEST GRADE, cosmetic quality, skin-safe unscented silky base for fragrances, bath, body and hair products, and pheromone products. Molecularly too large to be absorbed into the skin, so may extend the wear of fragrances and pheromones - and preserve the fragrance or pheromone from reacting with the skin chemistry of the wearer. Considered a clean, safe, hypoallergenic product.

Mixes with pure alcohol, does not mix with water or DPG - there's no ill effect from the combination, but like salad dressing, you have to shake before each use.

The only manufacturer warning states that it should not be combined with peroxides, as it will polymerize.

It's $8.95 and definitely is worth the money if it helps to make your scent last long or stay truer!! I think I will add a bottle to my order so I can wear Velvet Kisses without going through the whole bottle in a day. :D

Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about!

@ Dolly Yes! This makes perfect sense the lp red is definitely more complex. Silicone base! What a wonderful idea thank you for sharing. Can't hurt to try! I will definitely get a bottle just to see :) Thank You!

@Storemywether I have not tried layering them yet :) I will do that today just to experiment :D

In a related but different question.. does anyone know how much of a cop dose you get when we order a scent to be boosted with cops $5.00 add on? I'm guessing its measured in drops, maybe.

In a related but different question.. does anyone know how much of a cop dose you get when we order a scent to be boosted with cops $5.00 add on? I'm guessing its measured in drops, maybe.

Mara adds the cops according to how much the scent will handle. A more delicate scent like Spider Silk would get a lesser dose than a scent like Dolly's Hot & Sticky.

I love the Occos as an add on. A dab here sometimes here and there ...
I don't use them in place of fragrance.
I have worn say OCCo white or blue and nothing else. but that's it... I'm just going with a dab of OCCo then. I don't believe we can use the scent as an indicator it's more of a compliment. Fun time :666:

Edited by StacyK