Halo's Cocoa Lily

halo0073

ADPE-HaloCL_zpsb9f22d4b.jpg

White Chocolate

Lily and Lily of the Valley

Marshmallow

White Musk

White Amber

I have held off reviewing this because I have been letting it age. My original vision of this was like Angelique meets Sugared Lilies. Plus marshmallow. Basically white chocolate, lily and marshmallow.

When I first got it and tried it on I got the white chocolate blast that I love mixed with the same musk as Angelique. Then the lily of valley came in and amped to hell. That's all I could smell. Which made me sad because I didn't specifically want lily of the valley. It smelled very similar to Anthea. Which I quite like, it's just not what I had pictured in my head. Well today I tried it on again and I am finally getting lily. The lily and LotV are the strongest notes on me. I am afraid I don't get the marshmallow at all. So this one is different than I originally envisioned. But since Mara is magical at this, it's probably far better than my original idea. I am looking forward to seeing how this one ages even more. I think it's going to get better and better. Thank you LadyV for the best prezzie I got this year and thank you Mara for a beautiful potion.

I have held off reviewing this because I have been letting it age.

Yeah I'm doing the same for Release the Hounds; it's not quite where it needs to be just yet.

I don't get any marshmallow either. First on, it smells exactly like Angelique. Exactly. Then I get a blast of lily of the valley, but still lots of white chocolate. I liked this as it was, but flash forward about three hours and then something magnificent happens: it starts to smell exactly like a deodorant I was using about five years ago. I mean this in an entirely good way. I don't remember what scent or even what brand, but I do know it was what I was using when I went to Key West with my friends, so after that, every time I smelled that deodorant, it made me insanely happy because that was such a good time. A year later, they discontinued that particular scent. But one of the stages of this fragrance took me right back there. I had to get a second bottle.

This lasted all day. By the time i got into the shower, this was a pleasant, lightly sweet and floral musk. :wub: Great job, ladies!

ETA: And I gotta agree with Halo. This is going to get even more fabulous as it ages. I can feel it!!

Edited by BlueBear

This has a very beautiful fem lady of the manor vibe to me. For me it's all creamy white chocolate sensual elegant lily which pretty much stays that way through out. It has such staying power too! This to me has the same aura as Orchidacious. It's soo elegant and womanly. I mean I feel real womanly wearing this. I am wearing this with LFN today and I feel like I can make men cry and have them hand over their wallet to me. In our meeting today Bosshole asked me how I was. I said.. " I'm tan " he said ..'Really no you are not blah blah blah " so I said.. " This is coming from the man the color of a creamsicle... of course I am not tan " I said it so regally and beautifully, and then everyone laughed and bosshole had to explain his freckles gave him a glow, not the EURO300 MYSTIC TAN CENTER he goes to every day. It was an illusion, courtesy of his freckles. lame. I probably shouldn't of attacked him, but it didn't sound like an attack, it sounded like a beautiful song that everyone wanted to listen to.

" ...creamy white chocolate sensual with lily.." that's exactly what I get. The musk is there but very mellow, thank god. I think I'm going on some kind of white musk burn out, lol.

But it's all good here. I love how i get the lily but its not cloyingly floral.

This is dead sexy, soft lady to me. A sensual white chocolate, creamed floral.

I bet LFN is great with this.

:purr:

Edited by StacyK

• 1 month later...

Omg I just got my bottle. I love this! Like the othe reviews- the lily is the star note. I didn't realize how much I like lily! This has that total Angelique vibe. It's a creamy soft floral. I'm considering getting a second bottle.... There's more of this I hope?

Omg I just got my bottle. I love this! Like the othe reviews- the lily is the star note. I didn't realize how much I like lily! This has that total Angelique vibe. It's a creamy soft floral. I'm considering getting a second bottle.... There's more of this I hope?

There is and twin you were reading my mind because I was so happy this did not sell out as I was planning on eventually getting a second bottle.

This is really amazing creamy dreamy lily.

• 7 months later...

I tried my sniffy of this last night, and posted a quick (I mean a few sentences quick) review in my journal. At first I dismissed it as way too floral - it is definitely strong lily on me - but something about it sort of intrigued me, too. So this morning I started playing around with my perfume supplies and used the sample to make a tiny spray. I added extra alcohol to make the scent milder, and I'm loving the result! It is still strong lily, but there's a warmth underneath it (I guess the white chocolate or the marshmallow?) that keeps it from being straight-up floral on me. I have to say, all-in-all, that I will definitely wear this one until it's gone. So this is a surprise win for me!

I tried my sniffy of this last night, and posted a quick (I mean a few sentences quick) review in my journal. At first I dismissed it as way too floral - it is definitely strong lily on me - but something about it sort of intrigued me, too. So this morning I started playing around with my perfume supplies and used the sample to make a tiny spray. I added extra alcohol to make the scent milder, and I'm loving the result! It is still strong lily, but there's a warmth underneath it (I guess the white chocolate or the marshmallow?) that keeps it from being straight-up floral on me. I have to say, all-in-all, that I will definitely wear this one until it's gone. So this is a surprise win for me!

It's really a great scent, I need to get another before summer I love it with LFM or N.

Just a thought for you A. I have pure sugar and it layers so nicely with the florals and sometimes softens those pointy ends.

It's really a great scent, I need to get another before summer I love it with LFM or N.

Just a thought for you A. I have pure sugar and it layers so nicely with the florals and sometimes softens those pointy ends.

I haven't tried Halo's Coco Lily yet, but I wanted to chime in and say that I do the same thing with some florals. I don't have Pure Sugar (yet), but I have Erin's Crystalized Sugar Web & it works nicely to blunt the points on some flowery blends.

Thanks for the advice ladies! Once the sugareds are available, I might need Pure Sugar...

I actually wore my spray yesterday, and loved it. Adding the extra alcohol so that the scent was not as strong made all the difference for me. I was so crazy about it that I went ahead and bought a fb (after saying multiple times that it was nice but I didn't like it enough to purchase - lol!). It amazes me how quickly I can go from "so-so" to love with these scents!

Halos Lily is awesome. I'm a fiend for Maras cocoa butter accord. Just wait until summer you'll slather it everywhere.

Just FYI Pure Sugar is and has been available. You can get it right out of the Perfumierie or Amazon. :)

Edited by StacyK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been dying to try this one for some time. Wow! In the bottle, I was kind of frightened. It was a very strong loud floral with an air freshener tint. But the minute it hit my skin it changed completely, to a very soft subtle floral musk. Now as it dries, I'm starting to get the cocoa butter... the lily in this is just gorgeous! The whole thing is also, as certain LPs are wont to do, triggering some huge nostalgic wave of emotion. I am trying to think what it is this is reminding me of -- maybe it's just the raft of lilies of the valley we had next to my house growing up, or maybe it's one of my mom's perfumes when I was little? Something about this feels very young to me.

As to what StacyK said about summer -- I am picturing a lazy humid afternoon, but with breezes to make it bearable, stepping out of the shower after a hot sweaty morning doing All the Chores, and slathering this baby on. And just reveling in smelling clean and soft and sultry all at the same time. Magic!

Blackcat, you are so right. This scent is one that is so not "me" but I absolutely love it. It's quickly climbing the list to become one of my favorites. Idk about your childhood, but all the lilies remind me of church at Easter time.

Yes, that too! The all dressed up in my Sunday best but still feeling very comfortable and at home.

• 3 months later...

This sounded so pretty to me but I hesitated because the lily sounded very strong. Well, it is, but it's also very creamy and sophisticated. It reminds me a lot of LV Buttercream Rose, not because they smell alike but because they both have that BOLD CREAMY FLOWER thing going on. I am definitely gonna try this with LFM.

ETA after drydown the lily chills out and fades way back and it's a lily-tinged angelique, very fine

Edited by tyvey

• 3 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

I got this one as a sniffy and my sister liked it so much she wanted me to buy her a FB as a Christmas gift! But I found my daughter stealing it from her every day before school, so now I'm getting another bottle (from Tyvey) for my daughter :)

• 1 month later...

Revisiting this a year and a half later....still one of my favorites. The character of this hasn't changed any from before, still a lovely tropical (to my nose) Halo's Angelique...BUT i al fminally starting to get a lot of marshmallow out of this. Yay!!!! I have a newfound love affair with marshmallow!! It is soft and cuddly and smooth and rich. I still get mad compliments when I wear this.

• 2 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

My whole home smells like this, because I got a bottle of this for one of my twins and she likes it so so much, that she doesn't know to put on just a dab, she slathers herself! Oh well, like mother like daughter ;)