Goodie Tooshu

Beccah

AD-GoodieTooshu_1.jpg

Goodie Tooshu

A lightweight floral fantasy of great delicacy…the beauty of Asian dianthus flower and the exotic blossoms of a Chinese floral bouquet are contained within silky powdery vanilla musk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

DIANTHUS ~ Strength, protection, healing.
JASMINE ~
Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
CHERRY BLOSSOM ~ Education, feminine beauty, love,
transience of life.
DOGWOOD BLOSSOM ~ Wishes granted and protection.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

This is another i was eager to try. I'm a huge fan of cherry blossom, and this doesn't disappoint. This is a delicate, sheer floral. Jasmine has the tendency to run amok on me, but not in this. It is truly a supporting character in this one. I'm intensely allergic to dogwood trees in real life, so I can't say I've gotten close enough to know what the blossoms smell like, but I do think that's perhaps what I'm smelling. It's lovely. The vanilla sweetens things up nicely, and the musk is one of those sheer, clean (but not soapy) skin like ones. This is innocent but a very adult scent. I'm only halfway through, but so far, it's my favorite, even above 007!

Thanks, BB! I was on the fence about this one, but your review just pushed me over into the "BUY NOW" side!

This one is jumping into the lead for me, too!! I couldn't be more surprised!! I was a little afraid of all the florals, but the vanilla and musk (not to be confused with vanilla musk, which overpowers on me) is such a perfect underpinning for this scent!! It has a Levitation-like vibe for me.

I think this one and Katerina are my favorites so far...

I'm getting beautiful, sweet florals... the vanilla and musk are a very prominent undercurrent, carrying the delicate flowers on the breeze.

The jasmine does make itself known with that distinct, pungent indole smell (I tend to affectionately call it "poopy," but that gives it a really bad ring), but it will disappear after a while. Jasminephobes maybe beware for the first 10-15 minutes. It's balanced really well by the sweet notes though, and don't get me wrong...I actually weirdly like that indole smell (tuberose, pikake, chocolate, etc)

I really love the dogwood and cherry blossom. The slightly tart, soapy cherry blossom and salty-sweet dogwood provide great contrast to the vanilla and musk. I don't know what dianthus smells like, so I can't pick it out of the floral bouquet.

GT is beautiful. I am iffy with florals but I will try any with vanilla and musk. This is light gauzy flowers, so well blended I can't pick them out without really trying. I can isolate the cherry blossom but that's it. Yay another floral I can wear. The vanilla is round and almost powdery or maybe it's the musk that powdery. The whole potion blends together seamlessly. Nothing sharp about it.

Not a screeching floral! Of course it seems all floral wet but then the sheer musk and vanilla really come out on the drydown and make it like a diaphanous veil of scent, perfect for scorching hot days or when you just feel you can't do anything too heavy. There is a pleasantly soapy feel about it--I tend to like that sort of thing. And no cat pee jasmine! This is the good stuff. :)

This one was very floral on me the jasmine took over my life, it was everywhere, everywhere I went there she was, following me like a stalker, jasmine can get pretty piercy on me, this almost got to that point, it didn't though, it was still pretty strong however, and lasted all day. I still don't know if I love it, it's pretty but I think I prefer a softer floral.

This one was very floral on me the jasmine took over my life, it was everywhere, everywhere I went there she was, following me like a stalker, jasmine can get pretty piercy on me, this almost got to that point, it didn't though, it was still pretty strong however, and lasted all day. I still don't know if I love it, it's pretty but I think I prefer a softer floral.

I'm not a Jasmine gal, so I knew that if I even got a sample of this it would not be a win for me... but I love this label so darn bad...

I didn't even think I was going to like this but was pleasantly taken by surprise! I absolutely adore this one! It's very sweet and pretty but the musk makes it more grown-up. It is a lovely scent! The sweetness of it is so delicate yet the florientals deepen it and give it oomph! This is one of my top picks!

Love your avi, Phoenix!

I'm happy I took a chance and ordered fb before trying this one. If you look up "pretty" and "delicate" in the Perfumer's Guide to the Universe (what? You can't find it anywhere?! Huh!), you'll find a picture of the Goodie Tooshu label.

Goes on soft and sweet, then settles down into a lovely skin scent. You'll think it disappeared, but ask your Handy Hunk for a hug and I bet he'll say, "Mmmm, you smell good!"

Love it!

I've only sniffed this yet because I'm covered in something else which I'll review momentarily, but this is hands down my favorite of all the July sniffs. Sweet mellow (!) floral -- you'd never know from the notes how NOT stabby it is. Interestingly the vanilla musk is not obvious - I'd never have picked it out. There is a unique something, or combination of things, in here that is unique and intensely nostalgic for me. I can't wait to try it on skin!!!

ETA ok I dabbed it on and was worried for a sec - it was a bit room freshener-y - but only for a sec - maybe that was the cherry blossom? - now it's a creamy, like ice creamy, glorious indeterminate-(but not white)-floral that is again intensely nostalgic. Very curious. The florals are soft and sweet, not pointy as they can sometimes get on me. It's more like food decorated with flowers than the other way around as I had expected. Already acts like its been around for years :) very harmonious, notes totally blended already.

Edited by tyvey

Love your avi, Phoenix!

I'm happy I took a chance and ordered fb before trying this one. If you look up "pretty" and "delicate" in the Perfumer's Guide to the Universe (what? You can't find it anywhere?! Huh!), you'll find a picture of the Goodie Tooshu label.

Goes on soft and sweet, then settles down into a lovely skin scent. You'll think it disappeared, but ask your Handy Hunk for a hug and I bet he'll say, "Mmmm, you smell good!"

Love it!

JD... If the Handy Hunk comes with the FB purchase, I'm in!

Oh my, this is a VERY lovely scent. For me, it was an unexpected love in the NRs. Soft and sweet florals floating closely, the musk helping it seem to intermingle with my own skin-scent .... the vanilla coming out more in the dry down... definitely a skin-close scent BUT it lasts on me! Very softly sexy and alluring.

JD... If the Handy Hunk comes with the FB purchase, I'm in!

HHs are shipped gratis with every 100th purchase, or when you reach 10,000 forum posts. You're well on your way, Chai! :jumpforjoy:

Edited by Just Ducky

I'm glad I'm not a gambler because I would have lost it all this month. I would have bet everything that this one would have been my favorite, along with Sandy Bottom and possibly Marsha Mellow. Wrong, wrong, wrong. (For the record, they ended up being Coco Honey and Double O.)

I love Pillow Patter, Hanagumori, Fleur de Vanille and Mysteries of the Orient, all of which have a similar initial feel to me. I wear these all the time and down right adore me some soft floral scents. (Which is so weird because when I came here I said that I could not do florals. LP magic strikes again.)

This one has a soft floral start, but after about half an hour there is a singular denseness that I can't shake. I have tried 3x now and am so sad that it is not working for me. I don't know if it is the dianthus or the jasmine. I typically love jasmine, but I can't pick it out in this one. I am going to try one more time because the beginning is so beautiful.

HHs are shipped gratis with every 100th purchase, or when you reach 10,000 forum posts.

so Luna is the only one to get one so far? LOL. I am getting close!

Uh...that's not a prize I have received. :lol:

(Although it may be that my boss knows if she can't get me Trevor not to even bother.)

I have had the same thing happen to me GG...the ones i choose from the collection to be my faves don't end up working and surprise! The ones that do I would never have picked. I chose Goldie Fingers as my "sure thing" from the descriptions this month and it turned out to be Coco Honey and Katerina
(closely followed by Marsha).

Well I had a hunch this would not be a love for me and I was right. I like it better the longer I wear it because the vanilla starts coming out more but over all it doesn't blow me away. The few florals that work on me I love and the rest are "meh". This is a "meh". It also had some STRONG competition so I am not surprised. I have quite a few scents with jasmine so I don't think it is that. I really just don't think cherry blossom works with me.

I agree with you MDC and GG> I am actually very happy I was not blown away by this, because I really loved a lot from this month's NR's which I am still waiting to order because of the sale. . Mara get the UHAUL I want your CUCHI AND DOUBLEOOOOOO

I know I am soooo surprised by how many I loved. The three I mentioned are my top favorites but I am also considering Agent XXX and I just resniffed Bonded and the bit that stuck to my nose smells so much better than I remember. These on top of the list that I have is impossible for me so I am going to be in a real quandary come order time.

I was happy to get to try this but like everyone else I wasn't blown away and that's ok!! It's nice and it does smell better the longer you wear it but it's not anything that I would have LOVED.

MDC, I agree about Goldie Fingers. I really liked the sound of that one. Yesterday I finally wore it and it's ok. I'll wear for the summer but it's not a favorite like I thought it would be. I'll put it in my "meh" pile. The fact that I have a "meh" pile is nice in and of itself. LOL

I was happy to get to try this but like everyone else I wasn't blown away and that's ok!! It's nice and it does smell better the longer you wear it but it's not anything that I would have LOVED.

MDC, I agree about Goldie Fingers. I really liked the sound of that one. Yesterday I finally wore it and it's ok. I'll wear for the summer but it's not a favorite like I thought it would be. I'll put it in my "meh" pile. The fact that I have a "meh" pile is nice in and of itself. LOL

Funny! I feel the same about Goldie Fingers. I was really hoping Goldie Fingers would be equal to Jubilee but the lime does something that bothers me. I am going to put that in the eventually retest pile as well.

I'm wearing this today and for some reason, it smells really, really rosy on me. I actually had to check back to see if there is any rose in it. It's like a softer, sweeter Young Rose on me today. Lovin' it! And I've gotten ridiculous amounts of compliments on it.

• 2 weeks later...

My notes for Goody Tushu: Sparkling, freshly sweet floral. This puts B&B's cherry blossom scents to shame!

Personally my favorite

My notes for Goody Tushu: Sparkling, freshly sweet floral. This puts B&B's cherry blossom scents to shame!

Personally my favorite

I was always such a fan of B&BW cherry blossom scents, but I just bagged them up and sent them off to my BFF's sister. Just doesn't hold a candle to Goodie Tooshu or Mysteries of the Orient.

• 2 weeks later...

Goodie is exotic and lovely in the vial, it smelled sheer and not overbearing for all of it's floral notes. I think/hope it will be lovely on me to wear :)

Just Ducky - thanx hun! I just now saw your comment :o)

This DOES stay sheer and light. It's beautifully floral, not soapy floral, more like flower petals steeped in white tea! Yes! And if I breathe in deeply and long enough I get the vanilla as well - WOW!!! I like how light this is, so delicate...the vanilla is making it - creamy? OHMYGOSH! Flower petals, steeped in white tea, with a touch of vanilla cream! This one is gorgeous! :hearts0425:

Edited to add:

After an hour the vanilla really steps forward and just makes everything a decedent and creamy deliciousness!

Edited by NuTrix

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/GoodieTooshu/

Goodie Tooshu

“A lightweight floral fantasy of great delicacy…the beauty of Asian dianthus flower and the exotic blossoms of a Chinese floral bouquet are contained within silky powdery vanilla musk.”

Goodie Tooshu is a powdery/velvety, Office-Friendly scent and is a Limited Edition fragrance. If you have a love of floral fragrances there are four notes of Dianthus, Jasmine, Cherry Blossom and Dogwood Blossom which might interest you in this blend. Check out the reviews of the other dolls to see if GT may work for you. Most of the fragrances I own are florals and of late I’ve been trying to branch out and buy other scents to strike a balance. I could see myself making an exception for Goodie Tooshu. The doll on the label is ultra cute so the bottle would make a nice addition to the arsenal –on presentation alone <MUAH>.

Edited by ComingUpRoses

Ohhhhh YESSSSS! Predicated on the quality of the LPs I have had the opportunity to test, absolutely BlueBear -unabashedly so. I would highly recommend any LP blend. They’re THAT good :)

:) I share your enthusiasm but that's not what review threads are for....they're for reviews...

For this particular one I've been meaning to update that it now doesn't have the initial very bright floral thing it did when it was new. It's almost frothy it's so creamy, from the very beginning. It still lasts 12+ hours.

Edited by tyvey

:) I share your enthusiasm but that's not what review threads are for....they're for reviews...

For this particular one I've been meaning to update that it now doesn't have the initial very bright floral thing it did when it was new. It's almost frothy it's so creamy, from the very beginning. It still lasts 12+ hours.

I get really excited when I see a million posts on a review thread especially if I have not tried a scent or am waiting for one. It really makes me wants to scream when posts have nothing to do with the actual scent itself. I mean I do it too. I threadjack.. but JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ALMIGHTY ITS LIKE A MILLION POSTS ABOUT NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I do love you all though really I do. I have severe PMS, and emoticons, fonts, and stuff that is not facts have been killing it for me.

Anyways onward. I'm sure it's just me being bitchy and needing a cupcake.

Glad to hear about this Tyvey I was looking at this sample and deciding if I should retest and noticed there was new posts on this one, but didn't want to try for fear the jasmine would kill me during sleep. I think it's safe to retest.

I get really excited when I see a million posts on a review thread especially if I have not tried a scent or am waiting for one. It really makes me wants to scream when posts have nothing to do with the actual scent itself. I mean I do it too. I threadjack.. but JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ALMIGHTY ITS LIKE A MILLION POSTS ABOUT NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I do love you all though really I do. I have severe PMS, and emoticons, fonts, and stuff that is not facts have been killing it for me.

Glad to hear about this Tyvey I was looking at this sample and deciding if I should retest and noticed there was new posts on this one, but didn't want to try for fear the jasmine would kill me during sleep. I think it's safe to retest.

I hear ya girl. I like to read a REVIEW. Its what helps me to decide whether or not to get something. I can read notes myself, but I like to hear how a scent wears on others. Anyhoo...I'll take a cupcake too!

I hear ya girl. I like to read a REVIEW. Its what helps me to decide whether or not to get something. I can read notes myself, but I like to hear how a scent wears on others. Anyhoo...I'll take a cupcake too!

:bday1032: YOU CAN HAVE THE WHOLE CAKE MY LOVE

Agree wholeheartedly!! Wait.....can I have a cupcake too?

Edited by Dolly