Yeah...I was washing clothes.

GypsyLynn

I just recieved my best selling sample pack today. I decided to try on some Cuddle Bunny because it sounded like a fun scent! I tried to put it on somewhat lightly because I had a slight headache...just a swipe at the back of the neck, right wrist, cleavage and torso using the teeny tiny sample stick. I'm amazed that I can still smell it four hours later!! Usually I get used to perfume and can't smell it anymore. I ran two errands and made it back after The Hubs and our 3 year old returned. He didn't seem to notice anything at all and here I am worried that I put on too much! So a little while after giving him a few hello hugs and kisses, I ask him if the new perfume was going to be a good one (he can be sensitive to smells). He said he didn't smell anything. I let him smell my wrist. "Smells ok," he said, "Reminds me of laundry detergent." :Emoticons04239: Really??

Welcome, GypsyLynn! That's actually a common reaction to the scented Cuddle Bunny, as it is a kind of "clean" smell. I wouldn't worry - it may grow on him, or not... but at least he didn't have a negative response! ;)

Welcome!!! It's a recurring theme that a few of us here on the forum have fragrance-challenged boyfriends or hubbies. We go nuts trying to find scents that they like and our reward is "Sure, that smells OK" for everything we stick under their noses. Arrggghh!! Drives us crazy trying to get a reaction out of them!

Then, one day when we least expect it, we dab a little something on before bed, hop under the covers, and suddenly our guy is snuggled up next to us with his nose in our neck, going "Mmmmmm!! You smell good tonight!!" And with that, everything was worth it.

I actually found it more productive if I did NOT stick my arm under his nose everyday with something new to smell. I would instead quietly wear a new scent while around him, or at night, and let HIM tell ME when something struck the right chord. That's also how I found his sweet spots for certain pheros. If you tell him ahead of time that, hey, this one is supposed to turn you into a sex maniac, it really ruins everything. (Not that you did! Just sayin'.)

Have fun and be sure to keep us posted!

That's so true!! The constant sticking under the nose (which is irresistable at first of course) gets them so irritated after a while that they will refuse to sniff or just give a condescending phony sniff. Best to do the sneak attack like Just Ducky suggests. Without a doubt they come around and finally admit to loving something without prompting.

Totally with what they already said. I was the arm under the nose girl when I first started and I got either a "meh" or worse, "you smell like Glade air freshener... the meadow kind." It can be a bummer when you are excited and don't get to see your guy get excited too. But, it will come and when you least expect it!!! Mine finally did and because I wasn't expecting it, I totally laughed out of surprise!! Not very sexy but it was a total "Gotcha" moment.

Welcome! My thinking is pretty much the same as Duckys. My approach was to first find what I liked and what worked best on me, hint ... sometimes it's not what you might think. That's the fun with discovering LP.

The clean fresh scent of scented CB can affect some people that way; I certainly smell it that way... and, the scent has indeed grown on me. The phero combo is absolutely a wonderful blend so certainly use CB for the power of the phero!

Hubs' comment might indicate that his scent preferences might simply lean in another direction than the clean, fresh scents. If that is the case, and I'm not saying it is, its an interesting dance when your scent preferences might not absolutely align with your man's. I have had that experience and resolved it for myself by wearing the scents I enjoyed and rejoiced in/relished/swooned and squeed over away from the home and then applying those scents he prefers while en route home. For me, it was that he prefers the clean scents (Scented CB is one of his favorites) while I am so much more into the resins/deep/honeyed/SEXY scents (I'm swooning just thinking about them! Deep, dark, sexiness! LOL!) With the veritable smorgasboard of scent selection available to us here at LP, you are absolutely sure to find something which catches both his attention and his appreciation!

Thanks for the welcomes!!! Actually I was pretty happy with his response. I like it and it didn't bother him so I can wear it. He is one of those guys who likes to smell candles etc. so I'm not worried about annoying him with asking him to smell my arm. I don't plan on doing that too often but I liked CB enough to want to buy more. I have to be careful with scents as they can give him headaches on occasion although that usually happens in the perfume sections of the mall where you are bombarded. I've never worn a lot of perfume but I do know that his favorites before were ones with vanilla or raspberries. Of course my favorites are the dark smelling ones or the clean scents.

Missdarlyncherie, Love Potion Pink, Cuddle Bunny 2009, Cougar, Phero Girl, Love Potion, T.M.I., Love Potion Red, Love Potion Black, Sneaky Clean and Betrothal Potion all came in the sample pack. I think it was just a sample of best selling fragrances. I also ordered a sample of Compromising Positions (I wore that last night after my nightly bath...it smelled divine!). Also got three tiny freebie samples of Premeditated Passion, Sinister Pink, and Saturday Night Special.

^^ you've got a nice collection already.

Vanilla/ Raspberry I've found those typical men's favs. I'll suggest you trial.. Cops & Robers, Ails voluptuous vanilla, Raspberry Chiffon. There are also some new July releases, 'skin scents' you may find interesting. LAM Buttercream Peach is a fav of my BF. He thinks it's sweet and sexy.

Edited by StacyK

Haha - yeah we can be like that!! Sorry it did not get a more evocative reaction! But welcome to the forum all the same!!

You are off to a wonderful start, Gypsy Lynn! You are lucky to have a guy who enjoys fragrances -- it makes the whole experience so much more fun and satisfying.

I let him smell my wrist. "Smells ok," he said, "Reminds me of laundry detergent." :Emoticons04239: Really??

LOL! Yup. Sounds familiar :D Anything floral to my hubby is...soap <_<

Welcome!!! It's a recurring theme that a few of us here on the forum have fragrance-challenged boyfriends or hubbies. We go nuts trying to find scents that they like and our reward is "Sure, that smells OK" for everything we stick under their noses. Arrggghh!! Drives us crazy trying to get a reaction out of them!

Uh-huh...second this one too....:D

Welcome to the forum GypsyLynn! Sounds like you have a bunch of yumminess in your mitts - I'm sure you'll enjoy smelling delectable!

:BananaRow::bananajoy:Hey GypsyLynne! Welcome to the Family! :bananajoy::BananaRow:

I get the soap, laundry, and candle responses from my ManThing, too, and he means them as compliments. After all these years, it *still* makes my eyes cross. Hee!!! You have a great collection of LPs to start with. Looking forward to your reviews!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

:welcome384:

Gypsy Lynne!

Hey, your lucky that your guy actually likes to sniff things!

Mine is a total lunk about it. He whines and crys if I try to make him comment on scents,but if I just wear them without talking about it,I get either nice comments like "you smell great,you don't even need perfume", to which I reply " silly young man, that IS perfume".

When he doesn't like something he says "what did you spray?!" all disgusted like. Whatever.

But weather he likes something or not,even if he just said nice things about it the day before, if I actually REQUEST a comment,he complains. Whatever whatever whatever.

I wish that he could get more excited over scents, but hey, he's a guy. And clearly not as enlightened as our own QG!

Mine also seems to really like the more unisex, nature scents on me. And florals and resin. He hates dessert/foody scents, which is lame, but I wear what I like anyway. I love him, but he can suck it up on that one!!:D

. Anyways,welcome again. Your gonna have a blast here with us!

Looking forward to your reviews!!

I'm a wait and see .. if he really likes it, he'll comment. If he likes it he may or not comment, depends on what else is going on. I've been lucky so far as I have not gotten a negative but I usually veto my own dislikes.

Lastnight Cocoa Honey was a Yummy Like.