Hello, my name is...

Rachentp

Hi! :hi:
My name is Rachel and I'm ecstatic to have stumbled upon LPMP! I get more obsessed everyday. While I was waiting for my first order I spent probably a solid 24 hours just scouring over the forums and descriptions. A friend had recommended BPAL to me in the past but I couldn't really muster the enthusiasm to try it out so in contrast I think I have found my niche and can't wait to get lost! My mom is very sensitive when it comes to smells and very vocal when it comes to her opinion about them and where they came from. As a result I didn't really get into scents until recently and of course the movie Perfume: Story of a murderer caused me to research about the process and different oils and stuff... The things that have remained consistent have been subtlety, endurance and originality. I am always in pursuit of that scent that is just, "Rachel." Recognizable, pleasant, makes you want to lean in and lasts pretty much the entire day... I realize what a tall order that is now that I see it all laid out on the screen haha.

Anyways... that was probably TMI (and no, not wearing the scent) but I guess, hello and thank you in advance for your feedback!

Welcome Rachel!!!

What kind of scents are ya into? Nature, bakery goodies, flowers, spicy resins, shower fresh?!

You'll get great suggestions and meet wonderful people here!

LP is the BEST! ;)

Welcome!! I have no doubt that you will find that fragrance that screams "Rachel!!!". Always feel free to ask whatever questions you have, you've come to the best group of ladies and gents who are not only knowledgeable but most helpful and kind!!

Welcome! :heart0974:

Oh! You're going to love it here! Especially with most anything you're curious about coming in an affordable $5 trial vial to test for certainty when you're on the fence or just aren't sure. LP iz Dah Bomb!

Wow! Thanks for all the welcome! ^-^ Yup, I think I'm almost ready to take the gloves off with the pheromone experiments.

For my first order I got the Top Selling Sampler Pack for women and samples for Promise and BAM Buttercream Peach Phero Blend. The gift that was included was the "A Treasure of" series and Premeditated Passion.

HAHA, board of TMI... that's a good one. It is a little like the Library of Congress for scents and pheros in here :)

I have confidence that I'll find that "Rachel" scent although with all the choices it might take me a while, hence I'm hoping all the wonderful and knowledgable ladies and gents can help me narrow it down a bit.

The trial vials are HUGE! I'm so happy I can really test a scent thoroughly. Addiction, obsession, TMI... sounds romantic!!

It's kind of vexing because some of the notes that I'm into are ones that I simply cannot stand once I apply it. I like floral, citrus/berries, sandalwood, vanilla, sweet, fresh/clean/rain/water, some honey and some musk. LPMP introduced honey to me, I've never come across it commercially so my opinion is still being formulated. I despise the "baby powder" scent. It smells very old and dusty on me, very cloying and not in a sexy way but more of a "AHHHHH! GET IT OFF GET IT OFF RUN AWAY!" way... The scents listed above are the ones that I've had experience with, I like them and they smell wonderful on me, there are others that are more "idea" based (like sexy, elegant, leather, seasonal, tropical, dry/sandy etc) that I just don't know about or have never experimented with and I feel many of those are uniquely LPMP. Foody/delicious I am neither here nor there about. Some of the commercial ones that I have owned are Davidoff's Cool Water for Women, Love Etc by Body Shop, Cassis Rose - Body Shop, Juicy Couture, Auric Blends Jasmine, Vanilla Rain, Water Lily and Lover's Moon. I think I've tried all the samples I have so far (save the freebies) and although I really like Love Potion Red in the bottle, the cinnamon and wood/resiny scents are very overbearing. This is the case with most of the scents in the sampler pack where I really like them in the vial but not so much on me. Many of the scents with musk/honey bases become baby powdery and many people have told me that although it is tolerable it reminds them of something their grandmother would wear :/ So far (in order of best smelling) BAM Buttercream Peach, Betrothal, Cougar, TMI, Cuddle Bunny Love Potion Pink and Sneaky Clean are the best all around (meaning all 8 hours of wear). Phero Girl, Love Potion Black, Love Potion Original turn into baby powder type scents, as does the ones that have cops in it but that's more towards the very very end of usage - if that makes sense. TMI I almost thought was THE Rachel scent... but I want the cops so bad... so I was thinking of maybe adding it later... BUT there are so many to try so why settle? Hehehehe. Another thing is my body tends to metabolize scents (even oils) fairly fast, and this is according to other people as I'm aware even though I can't smell it anymore, others can. However, oils will last about 6 hours from time of application to absolutely nothing. The phero adventures have been interesting. I've taken Ail's advice about "set it and forget it" and the observations are noteworthy :D Though I think for my tastes, I will want to buy pheros separately in an alcohol spray..... Any thoughts?

Welcome Rachel! You've got a great list of scents that work on you so far! Make sure you save the ones that you aren't sure of, and try them again in a few weeks, it can make a big difference. I felt the same way about LP Black, and traded it away, only to rediscover it over a year later, and it's one of my faves now. :)

Many pheros will work great in an alcohol spray, but I wouldn't get anything with cops in a spray. I only get roll-on oils of anything with cops, so that I don't get them in my hair or on my clothes. As far as wanting cops in TMI, don't forget the OCCOs. That's a great way to keep cops on hand that you can layer with just about anything. I have FBs of OCCO White, OCCO Blue and OCCO Pink.

If you like fresh/clean/rain/water scents, you gotta try Blissful Caress, Happy Water, Playdate, and if you can find them on the trading post (because they're GGG - sold out) Rainbow Falls, Hanagumori, and Stealing Heaven.

Couple more suggestionsfor ya.

If you dig Betrothal and fresh aquatics,ya gotta try Happy Water. Its a really lush,bright refreshing floral with a citrusy lift from the orange blossom top note.(eta: oops! Molls already said that!)

Nymph,if its still around is another gorgeous aquatic, heavy on the water lily. And Sandy Bottom(new) is a unisex scent that smells just like a perfect day sailing on the water. Very beautiful and natural.

Eye of the Storm I believe is still around, and that's one of the most natural scents I've ever smelled. It really does bring to mind the air during a cold thunderstorm, and the black eyed Susan floral facet in it feminizes it just enough.

Hmmm, what else...Molls is right about the OCCOS. I love em, and you can't smell the cops in em at all. Try purple for sure(beautiful floral, blue: cotton blossom heavy,fresh, and my favorite: black.

How do you feel about resins and incense?? They are one of my fave subgroups, but they aren't for everyone. OCCO black is pretty much straight resin,not too sweet. Its delish.

Oh, and the new bonded is super clean and shower fresh too,IMO.

I do like having my pheros unscented, just because they are more versatile that way, but I enjoy em in add ins too. And oil vs. spray is personal preference. I tend to like sprays more myself.

Lady, I think your gonna find a heck of alot more than ONE Rachel scent! :)

Have fun!!!

Ps: I have not tried these yet, but Pixie Dust and Vanilla Fleur(non foody,floral vanilla) sound right up your alley!

One more thing.... I am greeeeeeeen with envy that you got the whole Treasure of..... Set as a freebie!!! Jealous!!!

Mods: I tried to edit this into my last post but couldnt on the phone.

Edited by luna65

Welcome Rachel! You've got a great list of scents that work on you so far! Make sure you save the ones that you aren't sure of, and try them again in a few weeks, it can make a big difference. I felt the same way about LP Black, and traded it away, only to rediscover it over a year later, and it's one of my faves now. :)

Many pheros will work great in an alcohol spray, but I wouldn't get anything with cops in a spray. I only get roll-on oils of anything with cops, so that I don't get them in my hair or on my clothes. As far as wanting cops in TMI, don't forget the OCCOs. That's a great way to keep cops on hand that you can layer with just about anything. I have FBs of OCCO White, OCCO Blue and OCCO Pink.

If you like fresh/clean/rain/water scents, you gotta try Blissful Caress, Happy Water, Playdate, and if you can find them on the trading post (because they're GGG - sold out) Rainbow Falls, Hanagumori, and Stealing Heaven.

It's funny that you suggested this. I went home and tried LP Black that night and I finally figured it out. Many of the scents from the sampler start off EXTREMELY strong and it's very overwhelming. I feel like I'm drowning in a vat of liquid baby powder and I'm thiiiiiiiiiiis close to running around the house with a close pin on my nose. But as I waited patiently, LP Black in particular started to turn into this luscious wonderful, dark, complex scent that made me want to make out with my wrist. I found myself nuzzling it subconsciously while falling asleep. It was a very strange experience. It was everything I wanted in a scent... I would almost say it could be THE Rachel scent haha... heady, sexy, giving you literally the sensation of adoration and love. I couldn't help sniffing my wrist like a coke fiend until I had become desensitized to it. Just one problem: I really abhor that initial baby powder scent in the beginning. Is this something I should just deal with? Are there better areas to apply where I wouldn't be drowning in freshly applied oil at least till it mixes with my own body chemistry? On a completely unrelated note, TMI is slowly elevating itself in ranking - I swear I smell the faintest hint of chocolate. I'll definitely include some OCCOs in my next order. Also, as far as the spray thought, I'd like to clarify that I was thinking about cops in 60/40 mix but still applying it like an oil so it lays close to the skin and away from hair thinking that the diffusion/area of effect would be larger than that of oils. I thought this is what I picked up on in the LPMP FAQ. Would that not work like I think it does? Should cops just not be mixed with alcohol at all, period? Any thoughts or anecdotes would be greatly appreciated.

Couple more suggestions for ya.

If you dig Betrothal and fresh aquatics,ya gotta try Happy Water. Its a really lush,bright refreshing floral with a citrusy lift from the orange blossom top note.(eta: oops! Molls already said that!)

Nymph,if its still around is another gorgeous aquatic, heavy on the water lily. And Sandy Bottom(new) is a unisex scent that smells just like a perfect day sailing on the water. Very beautiful and natural.

Eye of the Storm I believe is still around, and that's one of the most natural scents I've ever smelled. It really does bring to mind the air during a cold thunderstorm, and the black eyed Susan floral facet in it feminizes it just enough.

Hmmm, what else...Molls is right about the OCCOS. I love em, and you can't smell the cops in em at all. Try purple for sure(beautiful floral, blue: cotton blossom heavy,fresh, and my favorite: black.

How do you feel about resins and incense?? They are one of my fave subgroups, but they aren't for everyone. OCCO black is pretty much straight resin,not too sweet. Its delish.

Oh, and the new bonded is super clean and shower fresh too,IMO.

I do like having my pheros unscented, just because they are more versatile that way, but I enjoy em in add ins too. And oil vs. spray is personal preference. I tend to like sprays more myself.

Lady, I think your gonna find a heck of alot more than ONE Rachel scent! :)

Have fun!!!

Ps: I have not tried these yet, but Pixie Dust and Vanilla Fleur(non foody,floral vanilla) sound right up your alley!

One more thing.... I am greeeeeeeen with envy that you got the whole Treasure of..... Set as a freebie!!! Jealous!!!

Mods: I tried to edit this into my last post but couldnt on the phone.

I looked it up and I don't think Nymph is around anymore sadly, but you guys have definitely filled my suggestion card, so I'm super stoked and bound to get a hit off the list you and Molls provided for me :D Resins and incense I don't have much experience with but I'm totally open to try so I'll get a sample of OCCO black just for giggles. I think I am going to end up with a few Rachel scents yes. I'm slowly becoming more open to the idea... I didn't get the WHOLE Treasure of... just most of them XD The ones I didn't get were sapphire, amethyst and ruby.
CAN'T WAIT FOR MY NEXT ORDER :D Also... should I start a different thread in a review section for further info? Or just keep with my welcome mat?

Welcome to the forum, and glad you are enjoying your smellies!

I would caution against getting a cops spray, especially if you are more new to pheros. Yes, they will diffuse farther and faster, and cops are something you want to stay close to your skin. Only people who get into your "personal space" should be affected by them. Cops send a VERY STRONG sexual signal. Not one that you want to send to every guy within range. I usually apply my cops blends in oil and then spray on the social blends, so they will get out there farther.

Edited by Dolly