So- I got an order the other day. It's my first order with things with cops in it. I ordered:

Phero Girl

OCCO: Red, White, Gold

OCCO SLF

Gotcha!

BAM

So I'd been doing lots of research in the forums, here and I was prepared for the Copulins to smell like ass/pee/funk- but honestly, sniffing them out of the bottle, on my skin, I don't smell anything bad. This makes me nervous that I can't smell myself smelling bad! Also, I tried it out on a guy I know is attracted to me and I got zero results. I was with him all day and I started small and added more throughout the day and I got no results at all! This was the OCCO white shield. I tried Gotcha out on my roommate and he didn't act differently at all. I know it's trial and error but I'm kinda bummed! I'd honestly feel better if I had smelled something like what I had heard described on the forums. Am I doing something wrong? I followed the instructions sent along with them to the T...

These are scented cops. The scents are supposed to cover the funk. If you have smelled the "unscented" (in quotes; they are anything but unscented. Unfragranced my be a better term) before, you might be able to detect them while wet, but if you haven't, you might not. Don't worry that you don't smell them in your purchases. That is as Mara designed them!

As for the Gotcha, it might not work on your roommate because he sees you as a platonic friend perhaps...?

Yeah I have been playing in pheros for three years and I have never been able to smell the cops in anything scented. The only reason I even know what they smell like is when I got some of the unscented trials and sprayed Audacious I think...or Bang. Anyway...that was the first time I figured out what people were talking about with the stink!

Oh and to notice hits with your new pheros you have got to use them several times in many different circumstances with many different people. That is how you learn what to look for and also some pheros just don't hit some people (also depending on mood, etc)...keep up the experimenting with different scenarios and all of a sudden something will happen and you'll be all "OOOOOOH!!!! NOW I GET IT!!!!!" And THAT is a day you'll never forget!

It takes a lot of playing around...I know that sounds like a pain in the ass because you want to spray it on and be INSTANT GODDESS but you'll find out in the long run how much more fun it is to learn gradually...it's like a hobby...you don't really want the learning to end because...it's an adventure!

Get out and play some more with your new toys!!! You'll see!!

Yeah. I have some Super Sexy and the first day I wore it I got a random hit from a guy on the street who asked me if I wanted a drink. I was hoping for more of that.

And yeah, I know they're scented but reading the forums I got the impression I'd still smell them until they dried.

Edited by QueenofLimbo

And yeah, I know they're scented but reading the forums I got the impression I'd still smell them until they dried.

Perhaps they were speaking of the unscented blends? I don't think I've ever seen much mention of ass, pee or funk regarding the OCCOs. They are very heavily scenteed. Well...except for maybe SLF. But that's due to the notes of the fragrance, which don't always work on everyone. *raises hand.* :lol:

Yeah. I have some Super Sexy and the first day I wore it I got a random hit from a guy on the street who asked me if I wanted a drink. I was hoping for more of that.

LOL! I don't blame you... I would want more of that too! Super Sexy will be my next Un phero, I only have it in Sneaky Clean and I hardly ever wear that. I did wear it out to breakfast yesterday and got a super sneaky flirty look from the guy at the next table. I want it in spray though.

Regarding the guy you're interested in and your roommate: as I've read on this forum, sometimes some of the pheros need to accumulate to produce a hit? Someone with more experience will be able to correct me if I'm wrong as I dont want to give misleading info. Or, perhaps you haven't found the sweet spot of the right amount to be using for you. Perhaps it was just too much or too little. So don't be disheartened yet!

Edited by VexedGlory

I agree with everyone. Perfumes with cops hardly ever smell. I've got Compromising Positions and that one I CAN smell the cops during dry down but it fades. Most everything else is covered extremely well by the scent so you shouldn't worry.

As for hits, it's all about the experimenting. One thing I found when I first joined the forum is that some people would only need a small dab to get great hits and others would need to slather... and that would be regarding the same phero! Start out being conservative and then work your way up from there. That's what's find the "sweet spot" is all about because really, it seems like everyone finds that its a little different on each of us. Also, you might find that some pheros work better than others on you. Le Femme Mystery I don't ever get hits from other people, per se (makes me feel sexy though). Super Sexy 4 Women, I would be surprised if I didn't get hits because it always makes everyone around me happy.

Like VexedGlory said, don't be disheartened. Keep trying them out and you will find the perfect one(s) for you. :D

With the OCCOs and with some scents with cops in them, I smell something that's kind of like over-ripe fruit. A sweet, cloying smell, and it takes a few minutes to dry down. My daughter however, has told me (before complete drydown) that I smelled awful, and I should definitely not go out of the house smelling like that, lol. I've never tried the cops/EOW on its own, so I don't really know what it smells like by itself.

I tried UN BANG and it was stinky, until I covered it with LP Pink. It was never a bad smell though, at least not to me.

Molls, that's what I get too. It's not a "bad" smell but just the way you described it - over-ripe fruit. Dry down seems to be the biggest culprit for stinky smells later on. There have been a couple of times (and it only took twice to learn) when I was in a hurry and didn't let it dry down completely. I ended up with cops smell on my shirt and I can attest to the fact that cops will "bloom" with body temperature because I could smell it all day long when I would move around. I couldn't wait to get home and take those shirts off!! If the dry down is complete though, it all seems good. No one has ever said anything negative about my perfumes, quite the contrary since I've been wearing LPs exclusively.

One thing I noticed is when I wear ss4w, my roommate will give me longer hugs and huff my neck subconsciously. XD

Sadly it's the only phero reaction I've seen from him.

You just have to keep playing with them to find your sweet spot, I had all but written off LFM until I kept experimenting and then I found the magic sweet spot and now its a hit everytime I wear this baby....

That's true. Try different amounts of sprays - work your way up. Some people only need a little bit, and too much is too much. Other people need more. I'm still experimenting on a few this way too, lol

QOL, is this the same roommate that you said is"dead set" against being with you? If so, then the pheros may be working and he's just trying even harder to be aloof.

As for not smelling cops, maybe your anosmic to them? A problem for some folks is the inability to smell certain things, like musks. It's more common than you'd think. Maybe that's what's up.

Yep Cheese, it is the same guy.

I hope I'm not anosmic- I'd like to know if I smell bad.

Extra report- wore OCCO Red tonight and when I sat down on the couch next to the roommate, I heard his sniff in what sounded to be a curious/appreciative manner, and he asked me what scent I was wearing. I asked him if it bothered him and he was quick to say it didn't, but it smelled like candy. I think he meant in a good way. Then I got a drama-filled phone call that lasted for two hours and he went to bed. Great timing!

Because you're not smelling what you believe you should be, that's probably why you can't detect what you actually are.

So- I got an order the other day. It's my first order with things with cops in it. I ordered:

Phero Girl

OCCO: Red, White, Gold

OCCO SLF

Gotcha!

BAM

So I'd been doing lots of research in the forums, here and I was prepared for the Copulins to smell like ass/pee/funk- but honestly, sniffing them out of the bottle, on my skin, I don't smell anything bad. This makes me nervous that I can't smell myself smelling bad! Also, I tried it out on a guy I know is attracted to me and I got zero results. I was with him all day and I started small and added more throughout the day and I got no results at all! This was the OCCO white shield. I tried Gotcha out on my roommate and he didn't act differently at all. I know it's trial and error but I'm kinda bummed! I'd honestly feel better if I had smelled something like what I had heard described on the forums. Am I doing something wrong? I followed the instructions sent along with them to the T...

Mara's scented blends with cops are designed to NOT smell bad. Those of us who are accustomed to using cops can often smell them in the blends when they are wet, but in a good scent, they will be undetectable when dry. If you have never smelled straight cops, you may not be sure what to look for. In the bottle, to my nose, cops smell kind of like vinegar.....on my skin, after drydown, it turns to an over-ripe fruit smell....not really unpleasant, but not a GOOD smell, either. Thus, why a good cover scent is necessary. I have never had scent bleed-through (when you can smell the cops through the perfume after dry-down) with any of Mara's copulin-enhanced scents (OCCO, LAM/BAM, etc), and in some, I cannot even detect them when wet.....even though I have been using cops for abut 10 years or thereabouts......

One of the reasons Mara's cop-boosted scents are so well disguised is because she uses the copulin smell as a scent note in the creation of the scent, rather than just trying to cover it like most do.....

Edited by Dolly

@hearts I understand the reasons behind this, but I wish it didn't happen. Except maybe if they were taken.

I think a lot of times too - especially with cops: guys might try to HIDE their reactions.
I've had guys flat out avoid me, but I would catch them staring covertly!

@ Vexed I hope this is not true. I tested some LPMP cops products - just straight cops and I was shocked at the hits I got.

Regarding the guy you're interested in and your roommate: as I've read on this forum, sometimes some of the pheros need to accumulate to produce a hit? Someone with more experience will be able to correct me if I'm wrong as I dont want to give misleading info. Or, perhaps you haven't found the sweet spot of the right amount to be using for you. Perhaps it was just too much or too little. So don't be disheartened yet!

@Molls LOL!

With the OCCOs and with some scents with cops in them, I smell something that's kind of like over-ripe fruit. A sweet, cloying smell, and it takes a few minutes to dry down. My daughter however, has told me (before complete drydown) that I smelled awful, and I should definitely not go out of the house smelling like that, lol. I've never tried the cops/EOW on its own, so I don't really know what it smells like by itself.

I tried UN BANG and it was stinky, until I covered it with LP Pink. It was never a bad smell though, at least not to me.

I think a lot of times too - especially with cops: guys might try to HIDE their reactions.

I've had guys flat out avoid me, but I would catch them staring covertly!

HA HA! I've experienced this too

One thing I noticed is when I wear ss4w, my roommate will give me longer hugs and huff my neck subconsciously. XD

Sadly it's the only phero reaction I've seen from him.

Can't remember if you are trying to stay platonic with this guy or woo him back....

If he responds to SS4W then you may, depending on circumstances want to try BANG. It's SS4W boosted with cops. But it's considered a sexual blend so I'd make sure to use it only if things progress to a more intimate level between you two.