Fortune Cookie Review? Anyone?

May

Hi all

if anyone has tried it yet, can post a quick review of Fortune Cookie? I am mightily intrigued :D. Ditto if anyone has tried any of the new fragrances, I'd love to see some reviews....

May

Hi all

if anyone has tried it yet, can post a quick review of Fortune Cookie? I am mightily intrigued :D . Ditto if anyone has tried any of the new fragrances, I'd love to see some reviews....

May

My new releases pkg is on the way.....I should have it in a couple of days.....I'll tell ya all about them when I get it.....

Same here, and Fortune Cookie is in the package. I can't wait to try it!

Speaking of fortune cookies, I've had some spot-on messages. Got one a little over a year ago that said, "You will be moving to a new line of work." The opportunity came not long after that to move from one assembly line within my department to one that I liked better.

A friend of mine once got messages on two separate visits to a local Chinese restaurant -- several weeks apart -- that were identical. They said, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." This was so apropos for her it was amazing.

Heh, I have a personal deity I call "the Fortune Cookie God" and whenever I receive a fortune I always meditate on it as to how it applies to me. The most interesting one I've received in the past year so or read Ask Your Mom....which is always good advice, if you think about the concept of Mom in the relational sense.

I'm hoping to be able to give some first impressions in a couple days as well!

This one must be flying off the shelves...I ordered one too...! Today my Real World fortune cookie yielded:

"Today, put away the diplomat in order to protect your own interests"

Fortunately, it hasn't come into play thus far.

This one must be flying off the shelves...I ordered one too...! Today my Real World fortune cookie yielded:

"Today, put away the diplomat in order to protect your own interests"

Fortunately, it hasn't come into play thus far.

I'm not joking, my last Fortune Cookie fortune read:

"Help, I am being help prisoner in a Chinese bakery".

May

I have a fortune cookie every night, and I get some extremely strange ones--I call them the "night shift cookies". For instance "Remember, you are always on our minds."..."If it seems the fates are against you today, they probably are."...and the best so far "It's over your head now. Time to seek some professional help." obviously referring ot my hopeless perfume, er, habit.

I'm not joking, my last Fortune Cookie fortune read:

"Help, I am being help prisoner in a Chinese bakery".

May

HAHAHAHA!! That is truly hilarious.

Well, one night my honey and I brought home Chinese take-out, and when we opened our fortune cookies, the message was identical.....it said "this is a wonderful time in your life to look inward for answers"......the wierd thing is, that was at about the time when we were both pondering whether or not we were ready to be in a serious relationship.......

Edited by Dolly

"It's over your head now. Time to seek some professional help." obviously referring to my hopeless perfume, er, habit.

:)

I had one of those moments the other day when I counted my bottles of Arcana. I have twenty (all different). Now multiply that by five companies and I wondered if I should find a support group.

Edited by luna65

oooooooo yeah! Bow chica bow wow...I ordered Fortune Cookie last night and now it's just waiting! :Hug_emoticon: and Waiting!! Feels like FOREVER! lol :UkkiBannana:

When we got take out, I would give a fortune cookie to each of the cats. One time my cat Waffles got one that said, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." Left me wondering just what she was up to... :Hug_emoticon:

When you guys get your cookies, start a thread to tell us your fortunes! I'll explain how to redeem your prizes if necessary.

Smelling fortune cookie on me......I want to eat my arm! Smells EXACTLY like a fortune cookie! You know, slightly sweet, slightly almondy.....my arms almost smells crunchy!

I like this one too! Run and hide, little credit card.....

Smelling fortune cookie on me......I want to eat my arm! Smells EXACTLY like a fortune cookie! You know, slightly sweet, slightly almondy.....my arms almost smells crunchy!

I like this one too! Run and hide, little credit card.....

oh W00t!! I got a full one of this, took the chance it'd be like you described -YAYYY!!!

*and* I got shipping notice it's left CA!! Thanks for the review Dolly...cannot wait now!

Edited by katz

oh W00t!! I got a full one of this, took the chance it'd be like you described -YAYYY!!!

*and* I got shipping notice it's left CA!! Thanks for the review Dolly...cannot wait now!

Trust me, you're going to like it......I am considering a full bottle so I can get one of the fortune cookies!!

So glad it's pay week :love: ! Fortune cookie was a nice surprise. 3 words: Full Sz Bottle !!

liz :)

IT CAME!!!

And it does smell just like a fortune cookie! I can also pick out the tea notes. Very happy to have a full-size bottle of this. It's a fun, casual scent . . . one that would be good for every day. I like this one a lot.

• 2 months later...

:)

In the vial: delicious lemony sugery tea (but more tea than anything).

Wet: delicious almond cookie.

Dry: weird perfumy thing.

Maybe it's the almond (even though there's less of it than the Private Edition version), sometimes almond does weird things on my skin. *sniffle*

• 6 months later...

One of the best recent fortunes I got was: "Happiness is right in front of you." As I read it, my boyfriend was sitting directly across from me, his knee touching mine. :banana028:

As for this fragrance, it's quite nice once I get past the Robitussin moment. When I first apply it, I receive a thick, sweet, cough syrupy aroma. This lasts for a minute or two. Fortunately, the final result is a sugared almond tea amalgam, and it lasts several hours on my skin. It's still a bit too sweet for my tastes. I wonder if the Private Edition with more almond could be the ticket for me. Either way, I do like it, and I admit I'm so curious about those kick-ass fortune cookies that I'm driven to have a bottle!

This one is fantastic on me. I will soon have TWO bottles. It's one of those scents that you forget how great it is until you put it one once again then wonder why you don't wear it more often. I think I'll be getting the exta almond one eventually. :banana028:

This scent truly smells like a fortune cookie. It's warm and inviting with its almond and tea aromas.

*It didn't hurt that I got a free bottle of Manifestation Potion as my surprise fortune*

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Fortune Cookie is an amazing scent. I love the almond note in this one. It is warm without being too sweet. It almost turns into a warm musk scent that I really find comforting. I get a little bit of tea and a small touch of green from the bamboo. I am so happy I have this one in a full bottle.