Timing and Effectiveness of Pheros

Okay, I have a question...is there a "timeline" of when your pheros are most effective? I read a statement that someone made about how it took 2 hours after applying their pheros for them to start noticing hits. I wouldn't have thought it takes that long...I know with my "target" guy, sometimes it does seem like it takes a while for the pheros to have an effect, and sometimes I see a reaction right away. And along the same lines, how long can you wear pheros before they lose effectiveness? Today, for example, I was wearing a tiny bit of sexology (apparently it smells bad on me, so even though I like the effect I can't wear it or everyone thinks I stink. A lady I work with today kept asking if anyone smelled roach spray while she was standing next to me, lol) and some cuddle bunny, and they seemed to have almost immediate effect. By about 5 hours into the work day, I feel like the effects were much less noticeable. But then sometimes it's the complete opposite - it seems to take a few hours of him being around me before he starts mellowing out. So I'm just kind of wondering what's "normal". Should I take my perfume with me to work and re-apply during the day?

She really went there with the roach spray. Are you sure that no one did any pest control in there the night before? I mean that can happen.

At any rate I usually get hits 20-30 minutes after application. Sometimes this intensifies later on in the day depending on the weather. With testing LPs I find that everything lasts for 8-12 hours or more. Sometimes all day.

I think that is an option. I have read that some ladies carry their pheros with them.

Oil and silicone-based pheros will take a little longer to diffuse.....they diffuse with body heat. Sprays get out there fast and often hit pretty hard. So a timeline would really depend on a whole host of factors.....what form you applied, where you are, what the climate is like, what physical activity you are engaged in, etc etc etc

You really shouldn't have to re-apply roll-on pheros unless you are sweating excessively or live in a hot humid climate. Sprays can burn off quickly, though. That is why Mara makes the alcohol/oil combo sprays to give them some staying power. Just beware when re-applying that you are not going overboard and into OD land. It is easy to OD, and we have all done it at one time or another.

Women can sometimes react negatively to excessive cops on a female.....it is a subconscious "competition" thing....Cuddle Bunny AND Sexology at work.....that is a lot of cops.....I have had females smell the cops in a scent and tell me I have a bad "odor"......and then I have had some females get very "catty" when I wear too much cops.....

I've generally put on my pheros an hour before I get to work.... mostly because that's how long it takes me to get there. And that includes 15 minutes of walking from one end of the plant to the other - in Arizona, where it's 90 degrees or more at 6:30 in the morning. So, with all my body heat diffusing scent, I usually get the majority of my hits in the morning until I start to cool down. If it's a social phero, I'll spray a dot on my clothes and that seems to last until the end of day.

Like Dolly said, generally you shouldn't need to reapply during your day because the oils last a really long time and I can attest that at least on one occasion when I thought I would "refresh" the phero, I got an OD reaction.

And don't count out the fact that it also depends on the other person too. If they are stressed, tired, angry, etc., it may take a little longer for them to get out of that mood.

Thanks everybody! I guess I should have said that it's the sexology III, not the unscented.

I really did go very light on the Sexology, just a drop on my stomach, and just because I really love the effect it got the one and only other time I wore it - I wanted to see if I would get a similar reaction again, because I'm pretty sure I want a full bottle in unscented. And then I thought the scent was well-covered with the Cuddle Bunny, but apparently not. And I do think it was me that she smelled, and not actual roach spray. I just don't understand it, because I actually LIKE the smell, but that's four people now to comment negatively on the smell when I wear it.

Oh, and btw, still GREAT reaction to sexology (I'm sure the CB could have something to do with it too lol, but sexology is like my CB hits on steroids!). My boss was saying what a bad mood my friend was in - she had been trying to kid around with him (he was in our office but I was in hers - they were talking on the phone) and she said he'd left his sense of humor at home - but less than 2 minutes later, when I went to our office, he was quickly happy and goofy. Our other co-workers were amazed, and kept asking him what had gotten into him:)

My full bottle of CB that should be on the way soon is a spray. I'm starting to wish I'd ordered the roll-on oil, but I guess I'll just have to experiment and see how it goes! Too bad I didn't know about the 60/40 combo when I ordered:( I'd like to carry it with me since it seems like it may not last as long, but I'm afraid it would be inconvenient or I would spill it.

You know, because of the cops, have you maybe tried a little longer dry down time? I have some cops that the smell disappears quickly and there are others that do require a longer dry down time before you put clothes on. I haven't tried Sexology but I have Sexpionage, straight cops, CB and I do find that some seem to need a longer dry down on me or else I can detect the cops.

There is another factor here. Different molecules burn off at different rates. So what you put on in the morning is not the same thing you have one after 5 hours. The nols burn off first leaving the heavier molecules behind. Reapplyng can really give you something entirely different than what you start with, Cuddle Bunny should be fine to reapply though since it's just Est and Cops,

Wow this is awesome! I'll have to make a note of that. CB worked well for me, but if Sexology 3 is that much better...I have to pay attention when I test that one!

Thanks everybody! I guess I should have said that it's the sexology III, not the unscented.

I really did go very light on the Sexology, just a drop on my stomach, and just because I really love the effect it got the one and only other time I wore it - I wanted to see if I would get a similar reaction again, because I'm pretty sure I want a full bottle in unscented. And then I thought the scent was well-covered with the Cuddle Bunny, but apparently not. And I do think it was me that she smelled, and not actual roach spray. I just don't understand it, because I actually LIKE the smell, but that's four people now to comment negatively on the smell when I wear it.

Oh, and btw, still GREAT reaction to sexology (I'm sure the CB could have something to do with it too lol, but sexology is like my CB hits on steroids!). My boss was saying what a bad mood my friend was in - she had been trying to kid around with him (he was in our office but I was in hers - they were talking on the phone) and she said he'd left his sense of humor at home - but less than 2 minutes later, when I went to our office, he was quickly happy and goofy. Our other co-workers were amazed, and kept asking him what had gotten into him:)

My full bottle of CB that should be on the way soon is a spray. I'm starting to wish I'd ordered the roll-on oil, but I guess I'll just have to experiment and see how it goes! Too bad I didn't know about the 60/40 combo when I ordered:( I'd like to carry it with me since it seems like it may not last as long, but I'm afraid it would be inconvenient or I would spill it.

Thanks for putting that out there. I think I may have read something similar somewhere, but I don't think this is something that is common knowledge. This is good to know.

There is another factor here. Different molecules burn off at different rates. So what you put on in the morning is not the same thing you have one after 5 hours. The nols burn off first leaving the heavier molecules behind. Reapplyng can really give you something entirely different than what you start with, Cuddle Bunny should be fine to reapply though since it's just Est and Cops,

I'd say, as you have probably figured out by now, it is probably the Scented element of your Sexology that might be the culprit. Civet is straight up horny sex smell & not easy to pull off. I personally would not do it in a work environment. You need to look at the intent of that fragrance, it's really meant for intimacy. The phero is not intended for the workplace but I know some have great experiences with Un sexology and CB in the workplace. Dolly's point about the Copulin enhanced pheros and negative effects on other women are valid. While I personally have had no issue in the area of Occos and CB or even BAM, I have had the LAM bring out the nasty stink eye with a couple of women.

I'd keep the scented Sexology for sexy cuddle time and if you really like the phero I'd suggest trying Indecent Exposure ( on Art Fire) or get the Un to use with a "work friendly" scent and that may provide a good balance.

Amalthea if you're concerned about getting spray microdroplets of the cuddle bunny onto places you don't want it ( eg clothes/hair/etc.), you can always unscrew the cap and use the sprayer stem/straw part like a dipperstick and apply that directly to skin instead. I find this requires a much lighter touch than you'd expect though.

To answer your original question-- I don't remember noticing how long it takes for things to hit, but I'd say on AVERAGE I find them to "work" for at least 4-5 hours.

Thanks everybody! StacyK, I posted about it on pherotruth, and everyone there agreed that it was the scent. When I order next I will definitely get it unscented or added to another scent. I just think it's a shame, since I like the way it smells! Apparently though, I'm in the minority. And the guy I'm interested in doesn't like the smell, and he's pretty much the whole point, so....yeah. No more sexology III for me. At least, I won't buy any more. While I keep getting crazy good reactions from this guy with it, I may be trying to "hide" it sometimes! As far as it being meant for intimacy, I'm not getting a 'turned on' or 'relationship-y' vibe from this guy - it just puts him in a super happy, warm-and-fuzzy mood that I love. Maybe it's affecting him otherwise, but if so he isn't showing it. But oh, how I wish he would!

Thanks halo. I don't know how I feel about re-applying yet. I don't want to OD (I was super scared to when I first got my samples, but I've gotten much less nervous lately), plus I'm afraid to carry it with me in case of spillage.

Thanks tyvey. I do sometimes think they've worn off by the end of the day, but I'm never really sure!

Welcome, Amalthea!

My opinion:

Sexology, especially the perfume, is not meant for a work environment. It's 'dirty lusty sexy' which 95% of the time will put people off in a work environment. Adding Cuddle Bunny to this? You didn't say if it was scented or UNscented...but scented, would totally CLASH, and UNscented would be FAR too much copulins for work/daytime.

Don't give up on Sexology perfume if you like it on your skin - just wear it for "date night" rather than to the office and I'm sure your results will be radically different. :)

Wow! I didn't know that about Sexology. Or CB.

Amalthea maybe that explains his reactions! You may be torturing the poor guy! :smiley-laughing024:

Welcome, Amalthea!

My opinion:

Sexology, especially the perfume, is not meant for a work environment. It's 'dirty lusty sexy' which 95% of the time will put people off in a work environment. Adding Cuddle Bunny to this? You didn't say if it was scented or UNscented...but scented, would totally CLASH, and UNscented would be FAR too much copulins for work/daytime.

Don't give up on Sexology perfume if you like it on your skin - just wear it for "date night" rather than to the office and I'm sure your results will be radically different. :)

Welcome, Amalthea!

My opinion:

Too many cops for work! Exactly what I have been saying here and in Amalthea's other thread! I suggest she try some more social blends for work....Lace, Cougar, SS4W, Open Windows....

Edited by Dolly

Thanks for the help ladies!

I'm kind of surprised - honestly, the pheromone reaction I've gotten on days wearing sexology has been overwhelmingly positive. And not in a "sexy" way, just that everyone's been really chatty and friendly - especially guys, of course. Outside of work, I even had random little kids running up and hugging me lol! And "the" guy especially is super-happy and fun when I've worn it. It's just the scent that keeps getting negative comments, even though I like it.

As far as clashing with the scent of CB, yeah, I'm no good with the scents thing...I keep seeing people talk about "layering" and I know I'd never be good at it:(

I think I've got something with cougar on the way, so I'll definitely try that. I'd love to try Lace because my friend is responding VERY well to anything with Est, but I'll have to get my hands on a sample before I invest in a full bottle. I just can't afford to, in case I don't like it.

I've also got a bottle with Lumina on the way, so that will give me something new to play with too. I still would really like a full bottle of UN sexology (or maybe a lighter scent with sexology?) or maybe just straight Est for work.