Lina's Candied Violet Fluff

hearts

Lina's Candied Violet Fluff

Complete girly girl. Notes of vanilla cake, candied violets, marshmallow fluff and pink sugar. I'm picturing a white cupcake with creamy pink marshmallow frosting and adorned with sugared violets. I want this scent to be very feminine - delicious and pink. Totally edible and cute.

I love my PE! It smells exactly like the name. Big PINK fluffy clouds of marshmallow fluffy ness. Up front I get the pink sugar and marshmallow. Picture the pink sugar of Sweet Chic meets the marshmallow of EGG 2011. It's a light pink if it were a color.

After 30 min of dry down the vanilla cake start to show itself but it still remains very soft. Pillowy even.

This is the exact idea of a sweet, girly scent that I had in mind! Thanks Mara for bringing my idea to life!

Edited by hearts

Wow. Sounds a little bit like the scented version of Levitation? It sounds lovely, but perhaps a bit too young for me. So nice when things go exactly the way you hope! Enjoy!

Levitation had grapefruit so it was much more sparkly. This PE is probably more like a Violet-Pink Sugar Purple Puff. -without the lavender and a little more cakey.

I was thinking I wanted to get this, but I'm not into Cake scents on my skin. My Darling Clementine sits in my perfume closet so unloved.

It's not as cakey as Darling C either though. It kind of comes out at complete dry down and gives it more of a vanilla feel rather than just marshmallows. Im excited for others to receive this and give their reviews. :)

Oh and if you decide to sell/trade Darling C... Let me know lol!!!

It's not as cakey as Darling C either though. It kind of comes out at complete dry down and gives it more of a vanilla feel rather than just marshmallows. Im excited for others to receive this and give their reviews. :)

Oh and if you decide to sell/trade Darling C... Let me know lol!!!

Dang it woman, your suppose to be helping me save money not spend it.... LOL...

I will have to see if its still around when I get paid next, and see if I can squeeze it into my budget

I tried this on today and this smells so good!!! Foodie and yet not. Now that it's dried down awhile it doesn't seem very cakey at all, still pink and fluffy but more mellow. Way to go on this one!! It's truly a great scent. :D

• 1 month later...

OMG, hearts, I received this a while ago, and forgot to review it. I totally LOVE this, if I close my eyes and inhale, it really is like I'm at a gourmet cupcake boutique about ready to buy their entire stock of these!! Such a light, fluffy vanilla/pink marshmallow. Oh, and the violet note in this is to DIE FOR. I do love me some violets, yes! It really does seem like it's decorating the top of your vanilla marshmallow cupcake, Mara is a genius! And, it also goes GREAT with Heart & Soul. It's so funny at work when someone is standing next to me and says,"Mmmm! What smells SO good! Like vanilla!" Then I suck them in with H&S, heh. :ange: (......What? If you knew some of the peeps I work with, I'm doing my co-workers a HUGE favor!)

Fantastic creation, hearts!! :nice09715:

Levitation had grapefruit so it was much more sparkly. This PE is probably more like a Violet-Pink Sugar Purple Puff. -without the lavender and a little more cakey.

Aaannnnd this makes me want to try some now.

Edited by VexedGlory

I tried this on today and this smells so good!!! Foodie and yet not. Now that it's dried down awhile it doesn't seem very cakey at all, still pink and fluffy but more mellow. Way to go on this one!! It's truly a great scent. :D

This one spoke to me but I'm not really into cake scents and that want stopped me from pitching this one.

• 1 month later...

This is like a violet version of Purple Puff! More of a pinkish violet actually, because of the pink sugar. And the vanilla is more cakey than Purple Puff. Not like I care, delicious either way. Even with all those sweet notes, it never becomes sickeningly sweet on me; as it dries down it gets more "fluffy" just like Purple Puff does.

• 9 months later...

OMG, hearts, I received this a while ago, and forgot to review it. I totally LOVE this, if I close my eyes and inhale, it really is like I'm at a gourmet cupcake boutique about ready to buy their entire stock of these!! Such a light, fluffy vanilla/pink marshmallow. Oh, and the violet note in this is to DIE FOR. I do love me some violets, yes! It really does seem like it's decorating the top of your vanilla marshmallow cupcake, Mara is a genius! And, it also goes GREAT with Heart & Soul. It's so funny at work when someone is standing next to me and says,"Mmmm! What smells SO good! Like vanilla!" Then I suck them in with H&S, heh. :ange: (......What? If you knew some of the peeps I work with, I'm doing my co-workers a HUGE favor!)

Fantastic creation, hearts!! :nice09715:

I agree!!! I ordered a bottle in the August sale and it is to die for. The violets are amazing and then the poofy marshmallow fluff is divine, not cakey on me either. Great scent Hearts :)

I agree!!! I ordered a bottle in the August sale and it is to die for. The violets are amazing and then the poofy marshmallow fluff is divine, not cakey on me either. Great scent Hearts :)

Bring that over here!! I need to smell it! I've been debating on this one for months. I always stop because the pink scares me.

• 11 months later...

I received Lina's Candied Violet Fluff as a sniffee and am trying it out. I kept seeing it on Etsy but I never thought of myself as a pink sugar person or a violet person. Well, violet is slowly becoming my favorite flower and I am finding pink sugar no longer scary. And I love marshmallow. At first sniff on skin, I thought it was an odd combination - cake against flower. After about an hour I started to like it. This will probably sound weird, but I would call this fresh. I think the violet is giving the cakey, marshmallowy, pink sugar part a freshness. And yet it seems light. It is not overly foodie. It's interesting. I like it. It's going on my list. Nice idea and work, Lina and Mara!!

• 3 months later...

So slathered a generous sniffle of this on yesterday.

It was great. I get a soft, very soft, pinkness off it. It's not PINK, just pink'ish on my skin. I thought it might be too sweet. It's not. It comes off as almost elegant with a splash of sweetness to brighten things up. A cool creamy floral on my skin. It's slinky & sweet. :)

I do wish it lasted longer on my skin. It's a scent I didn't want to go away.

This just screams "Gotcha" Hearts.

Edited by StacyK

Can't believe I've never reviewed this... it's obviously a pink-sugared version of the c(.)howard candy, but much less bathroom air freshener-y. I love this for sleep.

This just screams "Gotcha" Hearts.

YES, or Teddy!

• 4 months later...

This one doesn't really feel foody to me. There is definitely some creaminess to it from the vanilla, but it doesn't come across as a cakey scent. Other than some creaminess, it's mostly violets and sugar. The sugar has a detectable touch of pink to it. I'm not crazy about this one, but I'm thinking I'm just not a big fan of violets.