Lina's Almost One of the Boys

hearts

Lina's Almost one of the Boys

I was thinking melon, moss, ozone and linen. I want it to be almost guy smell. Clean and aquatic. Fresh. That sexy fresh young guy smell that is so addictive. The melon would be there to add a little sweetness. Something I can wear while hanging with the boys, blend in but also have that slight sweetness that is GIRL.

Mara captured exactly what I was after. It's as if I was wearing a sweet but light fruity scent- then put on my boyfriends worn shirt, it would smell close to this!

I smell the mosses and a rain-like note. Must be the ozone. And it's balanced from being too "outdoors" like with the linen. There's an almost fresh laundered clothes scent. The melon rounds it out and gives it that touch of sweetness.

I usually love ultra girly scents but sometimes love almost guy smells! Especially at night to sleep in!

Another PE I'm in love with. Thank you Mara! It's exactly what I wanted :)

Edited by hearts

That's an interesting version of that trope; Danna did a version a few years ago - His4Her - that was like putting on his shirt which still had some of his cologne on it. I like how you inverted it.

Hearts, your take on the idea is actually much much much nicer than H4H. You choice of notes was wholly unique and I love the way it came out. Nice job! :)

Aww thanks! But thank YOU for bringing it to life. I'm sooo happy with how it came out! XOXO

Hearts! I have this one on the way. Yes, as the PM says, your combo of notes, very original! I can't wait. I love the label too. :heart:

• 1 month later...

I snagged this one just recently, and I'm so glad I did!!! Mara did a wonderful job (as usual!) of capturing what you were looking for. It really does smell like a man's shirt, clean and fresh from the laundry but almost as if it's his favorite shirt that's embedded with his scent. Then the sweet, feminine melon. Wonderful! So light and fresh. It doesn't have too much throw but doesn't wear too close to the skin either.

I snagged this one just recently, and I'm so glad I did!!! Mara did a wonderful job (as usual!) of capturing what you were looking for. It really does smell like a man's shirt, clean and fresh from the laundry but almost as if it's his favorite shirt that's embedded with his scent. Then the sweet, feminine melon. Wonderful! So light and fresh. It doesn't have too much throw but doesn't wear too close to the skin either.

I'm not really into Melon but this does sound amazing, I'm so glad everyone was able to snag up these goodies

• 6 months later...

I got this because I unexpectedly fell in love with another melon scent (Summer Belle) and also because I am getting really intrigued by ozone as a note. At first I wasn't sure -- the linen note is, I think, the most prominent for me, and my nose was expecting something more outdoorsy with the melons and the moss. But as I keep testing this it is really growing on me. And then I came back and reread the original concept and realized that it is spot on exactly what it was intended to be. The concept of clean guy shirt really comes across ... like a guy who has been out doing sweaty manly outdoors stuff on a hot summer day and then comes home and showers and dresses for dinner, and his hair is still wet with combmarks in it and now he's ready to go out to a poetry reading and talk about it afterwards over coffee and really rich dessert ... clean and masculine and very yummy. The scent, not necessarily the guy, though since it's a fantasy, why not?

On an unrelated note I came here after I had just gotten dropped back into the Ryan Gosling "Hey Girl" meme so that might be influencing my review. But in a totally relevant way.

On a related note, this is one of those stealth LPs that is appropriate for absolutely any setting, despite how many fun fantasies it triggers while you sit quietly sneaking sniffs of your wrist.

ETA: When I said "clean and masculine" above it sounds like it makes the wearer smell that way and it actually doesn't. I'm not sure how Mara did it, but this evokes the above image for the wearer while making the wearer herself seem feminine--that girl wearing her guy's too big for her shirt deal! Such is the magic.

Edited by Blackcat

Yes, this is one that sneaks up on you. I loved the concept and Label!

I think I forgot to come back and review. so...

The first time I wore it I liked it but the scent just took a couple of wearings for it to sink in.. this is awesome! I love the clean linen man'ish smell combined with the melon- a kind of kitten'ish female note. BC is right you could wear this in any setting. It's very stealth-sensual.

eta: freakin puffy fingers make it hard to phone type.

Edited by StacyK