Womanly Question About Pheros- That Time of You Know....

I have browsed the forum and noticed that there were some threads that discussed a woman's cycle and fragrances. I also came across a thread that discussed whether pheros can be absorbed by the skin and the potential effects on hormones.

I did not find any threads discussing whether a cycle can effect pheros. I am asking because I tested a new blend over a couple of days, varying the amount etc...and the results were not aligned with the intention of the phero. Here I am a few days later and its that time for me. I reported my results on another forum and we covered congruence etc and I feel like my body language and the like was on point and I was congruent, but looking back I wonder if my cycle had anything to do with it?

I am wondering whether or not a woman's cycle can impact the way a phero responds? Especially wondering if maybe my ovulating had anything to do with it? This blend had only a tiny amount of cops, but maybe my ovulating boosted the cops I was giving off perhaps?

I do plan on retesting this blend at another time.

Edited by Honeycake

I imagine so, all sorts of things can be factors in regard to the effectiveness of pheromones. The only ones I will use during that time now are B2 and Teddy BB, which do help with PMS.

I do find a little variance in what I can wear effectively during PMS. I've found that I cannot wear any pheros with -enone in them the week before, or it turns me into a raging bitch machine. And depending on how weepy I am during that week, I might not be able to wear some of the "softer" blends, either, lest I wind up a puddle of goo on the floor, (oddly, when I have weepy PMS, I find myself reaching for Heart & Soul a lot, which makes me even weepier, so I think sub-consciously, I must find the weeping cathartic or something). I tend to wear my blends containing -enone the week after my period ends, when I'm feeling a little perkier, and sassier, which makes sense, since -enone brings that out in me.

I often wear Teddy BB that week, or at least for the 3 days before the shark strikes. I find it really comforting. It soothes my bad mood, and any insecurities that I tend to feel around that time. It feels like a cozy security blanket, which is exactly what I need then.

The rest of the month I can pretty much wear what I want with no issues.

Thank you for posting on this topic.

I have noticed that my pheros can give me a headache at that time of the month and I am put off from them.

I think that a mood enhancing phero would really help. I will have to check out Teddy BB since you have had good results from it.

Balm Bomb looks like it would be just what the doctor ordered for that special time too.

I can't wait for November to pick some up.

Open Windows at that time for me!!! :)

I get headaches from Treasured Hearts and sometimes Cougar at that time.

Edited by StacyK

Thank you Luna and StacyK. It looks like G2 and OW have a lot of uses.

Eggers and Holly I appreciate your feedback. Eggers I didn't know that about none. NuTrix mentioned that about none a few weeks ago when I was testing a different phero.

In addition to changes in self effects, have you ladies noticed any changes in the ways that others respond to your phero use during that time, if you wear pheros during that time? Luna alluded that perhaps a phero's effectiveness could be compromised by various factors. In your experience has this (your cycle) been one of them- when affecting others?

I imagine so, all sorts of things can be factors in regard to the effectiveness of pheromones. The only ones I will use during that time now are B2 and Teddy BB, which do help with PMS.

I do find a little variance in what I can wear effectively during PMS. I've found that I cannot wear any pheros with -enone in them the week before, or it turns me into a raging bitch machine. And depending on how weepy I am during that week, I might not be able to wear some of the "softer" blends, either, lest I wind up a puddle of goo on the floor, (oddly, when I have weepy PMS, I find myself reaching for Heart & Soul a lot, which makes me even weepier, so I think sub-consciously, I must find the weeping cathartic or something). I tend to wear my blends containing -enone the week after my period ends, when I'm feeling a little perkier, and sassier, which makes sense, since -enone brings that out in me.

I often wear Teddy BB that week, or at least for the 3 days before the shark strikes. I find it really comforting. It soothes my bad mood, and any insecurities that I tend to feel around that time. It feels like a cozy security blanket, which is exactly what I need then.

The rest of the month I can pretty much wear what I want with no issues.

Thank you for posting on this topic.

I have noticed that my pheros can give me a headache at that time of the month and I am put off from them.

I think that a mood enhancing phero would really help. I will have to check out Teddy BB since you have had good results from it.

Balm Bomb looks like it would be just what the doctor ordered for that special time too.

I can't wait for November to pick some up.

Open Windows at that time for me!!! :)

I get headaches from Treasured Hearts and sometimes Cougar at that time.

Edited by Honeycake

Any time of the month I can wear Gotcha and OW. Right before my period, I have found I can't wear Cougar or SS4W. The Cougar makes me witchy and the SS4W makes me want to cry my eyes out. I thought maybe it was a fluke but I've tried a couple of months now with the same result so, the week before, I have to go with something different. You figure that the pheros bring out certain emotions - most of the time which we are pleased to see so I guess it wouldn't be out of the norm to see it go all wonky when our cycle is coming and wrecking havoc with our emotions.

I'm not sure if my cycle affects how others respond to my pheros. I think I *might* have experienced a weird reaction from my boyfriend once, when I wore Heart & Soul right before my period - he seemed to get a little testy and exasperated with me, but that could simply have been because I was already weepy, or already bitchy or maybe he had a bad day... maybe I was wearing too much? I don't know if I can definitely attribute his reaction to my phero/time of the month. But the thought did cross my mind at the time, that it could be the case.

However, I often wear H&S around that time, and he hasn't reacted badly since then.

In terms of giving off wonky natural phero sigs, I know that before I ever started wearing pheros, men seemed most attracted to me while I was actively menstruating. I suppose it should have been a boost to my ego at a time of the month when I was feeling most unattractive, but I always found it extremely irritating. Especially when I was single. It still appears to be the case now. And it's still annoying.

Thanks Storemy Whether. :)

Eggers that's interesting I have found that men are most attracted to me just immediately before I begin menstruating. About 2-3 days before the cycle starts. The change is behavior is so dramatic. It is almost like I was invisible for the other days and now they decide to pay me attention. LOL!

Any time of the month I can wear Gotcha and OW. Right before my period, I have found I can't wear Cougar or SS4W. The Cougar makes me witchy and the SS4W makes me want to cry my eyes out. I thought maybe it was a fluke but I've tried a couple of months now with the same result so, the week before, I have to go with something different. You figure that the pheros bring out certain emotions - most of the time which we are pleased to see so I guess it wouldn't be out of the norm to see it go all wonky when our cycle is coming and wrecking havoc with our emotions.

I'm not sure if my cycle affects how others respond to my pheros. I think I *might* have experienced a weird reaction from my boyfriend once, when I wore Heart & Soul right before my period - he seemed to get a little testy and exasperated with me, but that could simply have been because I was already weepy, or already bitchy or maybe he had a bad day... maybe I was wearing too much? I don't know if I can definitely attribute his reaction to my phero/time of the month. But the thought did cross my mind at the time, that it could be the case.

However, I often wear H&S around that time, and he hasn't reacted badly since then.

In terms of giving off wonky natural phero sigs, I know that before I ever started wearing pheros, men seemed most attracted to me while I was actively menstruating. I suppose it should have been a boost to my ego at a time of the month when I was feeling most unattractive, but I always found it extremely irritating. Especially when I was single. It still appears to be the case now. And it's still annoying.

Edited by Honeycake

I'm long past cycling (tho I ain't dust yet, lol) but I read everyone's insights with interest, because I've been wondering if my using pheromones affects my 13 year old daughter. Her cycles are verrrry erratic (she started menstruating 2 years ago) and her pediatrician says she should be settling in now. I guess I had better pay attention to how she may be affected by the different ones I wear, in case I need to lay off any. Hmmm.

Hi Chickadee!

Let me know if you discover anything. I love pheros, but I am wondering if a particular phero did not agree with me or if it was affected by my cycle. I guess I will find out when I retest.

I'm long past cycling (tho I ain't dust yet, lol) but I read everyone's insights with interest, because I've been wondering if my using pheromones affects my 13 year old daughter. Her cycles are verrrry erratic (she started menstruating 2 years ago) and her pediatrician says she should be settling in now. I guess I had better pay attention to how she may be affected by the different ones I wear, in case I need to lay off any. Hmmm.

Good topic. I've been paying a lot of attention to this over the last few months. I am with Eggers, in that anything with none in it REALLY ramps up the maniacal raging bitch. I have been tracking my cycles and related mood swings for a few years, trying to figure out why I go Jekyll and Hyde. I start PMS about 10 days out, and the first few days are the worst.

Balm Bomb is nice for this time of the month. Keeps Cruella DeVille subdued for the most part.

The other thing... I am either raging, anxious and short tempered or weepy. Not usually weepy though. As long as I am not weepy, Est heavy blends work well in the days leading up to my period and the first few days. Lace and a est/cops blend are my go tos along with the balm bomb.

I was doing some reading last month on hormones and such trying to figure out why, and learned that our estrogen levels are the lowest on the first day of period. This makes sense, that as it estrogens drop off and until natural levels build back up, that est heavy blends work well for me. It also keeps some peace in my house as my SO is more likely to cuddle with me rather than respond negatively to my bitchy attitude.

I wouldn't recommend this for everyone though. Particularly if you tend to be a weepy, emotional PMS'er.

• 1 month later...

I often find myself reaching for Heart & Soul during my first couple of days, after I'm finished wanting to kill everyone, or bawling my face off - whichever way I happen to melt down each month. I'm not really sure why. It seems like an almost sub-conscious urge to wear it. Probably because for the first day or so, I'm a big sucky-baby, and H&S makes me feel like it's okay to not get out of my pyjamas if I don't have to, and that it's okay to order take-out because cooking just seems like too big an endeavor, and because it tends to make BF behave sweetly toward me.

Me too. WTH? Dudes are all about me when I have my period. It's so weird. I feel like crap. I look like crap. I'm bloated, sucky, sleepy & mildly cranky, but for that one week I'm super-hot. :huh: Weirdos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I wore Heart and Soul a day or so before my period and I was an emotional wreck. Considering I was at work during the busy Christmas rush that hadn't been all that awesome. I did find it amusing later on that night when I figured it out.

I wore B2.2 during my last period and I found it calming then. Having worn it without it being that time of month I still find it calming but not overly so. I actually find Balm Bomb more soothing on a general day to day basis. I have not yet tried Balm Bomb specifically for PMS. I will have to try and remember to do that.

Guest cutie.pie

So far I've noticed that I can not wear Cougar in the middle of my cycle (I am bitchy in the middle of my cycle, and Cougar turns me into Bitchy Bitch).

And B2.2 helps me a lost when I get my period.

Weirdly, I wore some Balm Bomb (in Beautiful Dreamer) a couple of times last month when I felt really PMS-y and it seemed to make me even more irritable. What the hell is up with that? I've noticed if I wear this one when I already feel quite calm, or to soothe anxiety rather than irritability, then I have good results, but if I'm PMSing or just feeling like I hate everything for some reason, it makes me worse. It still works on others around me though, even if I'm like this:

:Troll-stalking:

Edited by vladmyra

Weirdly, I wore some Balm Bomb (in Beautiful Dreamer) a couple of times last month when I felt really PMS-y and it seemed to make me even more irritable. What the hell is up with that? I've noticed if I wear this one when I already feel quite calm, or to soothe anxiety rather than irritability, then I have good results, but if I'm PMSing or just feeling like I hate everything for some reason, it makes me worse. It still works on others around me though, even if I'm like this:

:Troll-stalking:

That's exactly why I don't wear pheros during my time, tho some do. Everyone is different... I'd just avoid pheros at that time.

• 10 months later...

I notice that i just dont really wear pheros around that time of month, when i do, i notice i do gravitate towards social blends like cougar and audacious when i feel not so great. (ETA, For the ones i cant wear when T.o.m is around, mixes with enone in them cuz i just get so upset. Specifically i cant wear sexpionage , LFN, leather or dom cuz i just get so weepy and angry)

Mr.man is more "in the mood" when that time rolls around which is pretty weird but its aparently a normal occourance to everybody else :lol:

Edited by Anonymous2F

• 2 weeks later...

I've been ok with Teddy BB for that tom; but anything with EST like Lumina or LFM can make me weepy. LFN can trigger my bitch switch, but that can happen with me and LFN regardless of cycle. I have noticed to be more careful around my tom with LFN though bc my 'sweet spot' is so much smaller.

I haven't noticed any diff with any other pheros, but I also haven't really been tracking them each time.