Newbie! Just tried out my first sample order...

crystalpine

Hello everyone! I have lurked for about a week and finally decided to post. I ordered some samples a few weeks ago, and tried out a few. My order was: LP orig; LP Red; Agent XXX w/Sexpionage; and Raven Moon. Not sure why I ordered RM, but something in the description must have caught me. I was so happy to discover a few free samples in there...Phero Girl; Under your spell; and Tangy Tart (Thank you for the freebies!!) In the interest of full disclosure, I have never worn anything with Pheros and I am only used to using commercial perfumes. Very intrigued by all of the offerings on LPMP...I predict I will need to order some Focus Potion soon to keep the house clean and work done!! :P I am addicted to this site! Anyway, really looking for some unique perfumes and love the idea of Pheros. My husband doesn't seem to care either way about Pheros, and truthfully I am looking more for self fx than anything else. So, here are my thoughts on my trial runs...

LP Orig: LOVE THIS! Only downside is that it doesn't seem to last long on me...maybe spray?

Phero Girl: Took the advice in the description and only wore this at home..hubby likes!!!!

Agent XXX: Will post my thoughts in the appropriate thread!! WOO HOO!

I am so happy to have found this lovely little community. Can't wait to really explore the perfumes/pheros!

General question: How do I decide which spray to order? Alcohol; silicone; 60/40 mix? Is it just really a trial and error to see what works best with my chemistry? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Looking forward to joining all of you on this fun journey!

Crystal

Welcome Crystal!! It sounds like you got a great sampler. The only one I haven't tried is Raven Moon so I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I know that everyone will be along soon to offer their great advice but I would say that what I have found is that you will find that everyone's chemistry here does its own thing. What notes and percentages work on one can be completely different from another. When I started, I thought I would find kind of a black and white "Use three sprays" or "Two rolls from bottle" and have it work for pheros but I soon found that sometimes works, most of the time not. It really can be a trial and error situation but definitely fun experimentation!! When it comes to the perfumes, I would say start light and work your way from there. I've had some that I thought were really light and unassuming and found that they last long and loud!! Darker scents, just the opposite. Skin chemistry will make everything you try uniquely "you" so experiment and always feel free to ask questions!!

Welcome. Sounds like your off to a good start.

Can't wait to read your review on XXX. :)

Sprays burn off faster, but due diffuse for better distance.. it really depends on what you like.

Your skin chemistry will also play a roll. But if you find a scent in oil that is light or fades fast, getting it in spray won't make it last longer.

If your skin is thirsty you may want to apply a body lotion first let that soak in then try your decent.

Silicone also diffuses faster than oil but the silicon molecules are larger and not readily absorbed bu the skin so that might help. Have fun.

Edited by StacyK

Welcome crystalpine!

Most of what I have are in oils and any sprays I've gotten I've asked for 60/40, alcohol/oil...but I wouldn't go by me because I tend to wear the sprays and oils together....some to diffuse right away and some to stay close to the skin for the whole day, lol. These perfumes don't have the chemical fixatives that commercial fragrances do, but there are some that definitely have stayed noticeable on my skin 12+ hours! It's just finding the ones that love you back :D

Sometimes my skin just eats up some scents, even if I use lotion out of the shower before I apply my perfume. Sometimes that helps and sometimes it doesn't. The extra step of applying the silicone first may help as StacyK mentioned :) You can read more about it here:

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/LovePotion/6009196/pure_cyclopentasiloxane__aka_cps_or_d5_-_1_fl_oz_/indie_supplies/craft_supplies/bath_and_beauty_supplies

It's great that your hubby is good/neutral with your new LP interest, lol, mine is quite understanding about my addictio....eh, er, I mean - HOBBY, yes, hobby is what I meant....

Happy experimenting

Welcome crystalpine!

Most of what I have are in oils and any sprays I've gotten I've asked for 60/40, alcohol/oil...but I wouldn't go by me because I tend to wear the sprays and oils together....some to diffuse right away and some to stay close to the skin for the whole day, lol. These perfumes don't have the chemical fixatives that commercial fragrances do, but there are some that definitely have stayed noticeable on my skin 12+ hours! It's just finding the ones that love you back :D

Sometimes my skin just eats up some scents, even if I use lotion out of the shower before I apply my perfume. Sometimes that helps and sometimes it doesn't. The extra step of applying the silicone first may help as StacyK mentioned :) You can read more about it here:

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/LovePotion/6009196/pure_cyclopentasiloxane__aka_cps_or_d5_-_1_fl_oz_/indie_supplies/craft_supplies/bath_and_beauty_supplies

It's great that your hubby is good/neutral with your new LP interest, lol, mine is quite understanding about my addictio....eh, er, I mean - HOBBY, yes, hobby is what I meant....

Happy experimenting

NuTrix and Stacy are correct about the silicone. I picked up a bottle and tried it out on some scents that tend to either disappear rapidly or for certain notes that tend to disappear rapidly. It does work!! I use Q-Tips and cotton balls to put on my skin, let it dry and then roll the perfume. I usually only use it for those notes in perfumes that disappear after 15 minutes and leave all the other notes to wonder where it went - chocolate is a major culprit for me.

Wow, such great info. Thank you all for your help! I can tell this forum is going to occupy a lot of my time! ;-)

I really loved LP original, but I was hesitant to use it since I am unfamiliar with the concentration vs reg perfumes. Maybe I need to slather it on!

I feel a bit like a mad scientist...that smells awesome! :-)

yeah, it's full of intent but not pheromones, so the LP original you can slather to your heart's content (versus when I want to slather with some of my copped potions and some men get super pissy around me. *sigh*)

Welcome aboard! Love the avi!

Hi and welcome. I would add to consider your climate. I usually order my phero's in alcohol (except those w/ cops always oil for me then) because I live in a cooler climate in the winter and want the phero's to diffuese more, especially the social ones.

Love LP original.

Welcome Crystal! Try slathering that LPO if you love it, maybe you just need more. You will just want to experiment with the different phero carriers to see what you prefer...I have some in just about every type available depending on the the phero but I get my socials in alcohol 60/40 or 90/10...but everyone has their preference...you will have fun figuring it out!