Lindee's My Little Cupcake

bruiseviolet

I asked for a scent that smells like a cupcake doll or my little pony and this came out very close! It really smells like a plastic cupcake. It smells like a creamy pink whipped cream scented doll and almost like there are rainbow sprinkles. I was worried about how this would turn out because plastic is usually not a good smell but it came out really good and smells just like a doll like I wanted. Now I want to be a doll for Halloween and wear this! :lolipop:

Aww I remember my Little Ponies with the pictures of treats on their... Butt cheeks?! I think I recall one that had an ice cream cone on her and she smelled like a sundae.

Your PE sounds so cute and reminiscent of my childhood.

Edited by hearts

This is such a great idea. I remember having sweet smelling dolls... like Strawberry Shortcake and Apple Dumpling. And you're right, they did have their own unique smell. I never would have thought of doing something like that!! So glad it turned out the way you had hoped.

Ok... I emailed for an invoice cause I only have a phone for internet, and this is at the TOP of my list.

Seriously,BV this is one of the very best and most original PE ideas that I've ever seen. I'm OBSESSED with trying it! I want more reviews too!

There's An oil on etsy called "New Doll" by a company called Black Baccara. I've never tried it, but I really need to. I'm fairly certain though that Mara did a better and more realistic take on it though, cause,well, she rocks that way! :)

But I'm so into this, that one day I googled "Doll Perfumes", that's how I found the other oil. I'm weird...but this proves that I'm not the only one! I wanna smell like a sweet plastic toy!!! Lol! :D

I can't wait to hear your review, I'm sure you will love it! I just looked up New Doll and that one sounds good too. I think I'll have to try it! I agree that this one is probably better though. :D I just put some on and it smells like birthday cake! It is so yummy. The only problem is that it fades on me so fast. I think for my next PE, I'm gonna request something that smells just like this except it will be the real-life cupcake counterpart. I love this scent so much that I need multiple versions of it. :Emoticons0086:

There's been a few versions of this idea floating around for years; Christopher Brosius makes a "doll head" accord but you can only buy it as his gallery in Brooklyn..

And then there was this:

http://olfactoryfun.blogspot.com/2011/08/smell-like-pretty-doll.html

As well as Harajuku Lovers Wicked Style Baby.

• 1 month later...

I really love this. I'm surprised by how much- I was a bit afraid of the plastic note. But, it smells just like playing with cupcake dolls and My Little Pony. If another girl smelled like this, I would want to be her best friend! I thought this would be a novelty only scent- but I'll totally wear this. Once it dries down- it wears very close to the skin and is a very faint vanilla.

Well done BV and PM!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I love this. I don't know how Mara did it but it's exactly like opening up one of those dolls! Mine were a cherry and a chocolate mint one, so they smelled specifically like those things, but if I'd had a vanilla one I imagine this is what it would smell like. Something about that "plastic cupcake" smell is addictive, I don't know what it is. It's pink, but not full-on pink sugar, just a light pinkish tinge if that makes any sense at all. I huffed doll plastic as a kid--one of my favorite things about opening up new My Little Ponies and the like was the smell--and this is the vanillaed version of that. And the best part about this one is, it will never fade!

My grandma Bee was a bit of a Rascal.

When I was a little girl, I would always come spend my holiday vacations with her and my Grandpa Ray. These vacations make up some of my happiest childhood memories. Gramma would sit me on the couch and help me put on my socks and shoes, shed bundle me up while grandpa warmed up the old 1986 Lincoln Town Car, and we'd be off.

Every day we would go somewhere different, and now that I'm an adult, I puzzle over how they could make the most mundane places like the fruit market and the outlet stores seem like such magical places to me simply by being there.

Gramma was a character. She was a very funny lady who always made me feel like we were in on some "big.secret" together. She'd give me candy, build me forts out of couch.cushions, and when I couldn't sleep at night cause I was homesick for Mom, she'd sneak me the tiniest cup of Wild Irish Rose to help me get to bed. That was rare, she wasn't an alcoholic or anything, its just one thing of many that brings to my mind the bond we had. She was my buddy. She was n my side. ...there was alot of discord in my childhood, but she was a constant source of love and family. Grandpa too, though he.was a much quiter ,passive sort of person.

This perfume takes me back to the joyous, vigorous unwrapping of the multitudes of toys that followed these magical day trips with gramma &.grandpa. The whiff of plastic,sweet and familar, plops me right back into the back seat of the old Lincoln, digging with greedy little child fingers to free my new toy from her cellophane prision. And that memory inevitably leads to the others, the smell of the car, the winter air, gramma with her cushion forts and grandpa with his radio. It takes me back. And then its gone.

Great stuff! Great memory scent for me, but my skin eats this within like ten minutes. If it lasted.longer, it'd be perfect! Still, very.well done, magical stuff!

• 2 weeks later...