Turkish Delight

Dolly

OK ladies, for those of you who loved Raqs Sharqi, get a bottle of this one. On me, it is very similar, but just a hint sweeter under the surface. Very resinous and middle-eastern when first applied, but a little more sweetness poking its head through on dry-down. VERY NICE!

I just got my sample of this today and just got done ordering a full bottle of it. (along with some other ones). I prefer this to Raqs Sharqui actually. I love the sweet-incense of it and it has a brightness and freshness (due to the lemon,mint rose) that makes it a good exotic for warmer weather.

How this scent evolves on me:

The first,most apparent notes ,are the sweetness and lemon. Rose at first takes a back-seat.

I do not detect much obvious mintyness..perhaps it is part of the initial impression of freshness I get when the scent is first applied.

The lemon fades as rose becomes more apparent..but it is a soft,delicate rose. Not a "hello, I am ROSE" note.

The incensey-ness of this scent actually grows with time and lasts and lasts. Yay!

It settles down ultimately to a sweet incensey delight gently backed by subtle roses.

Hope that review helps some of you thinking about whether to get this.

The name keeps reminding me of Chronicles of Narnia. Anyhow when I placed my order for the New Releases I think I selected 5 but I think I might just end up getting them all :love:

Yeah, each month I have done the "pick and choose" thing.....this month, I just said "what the hell", and went with the whole sampler.....glad I did!

If you want 5, that is $25 already......the full month's set is only $29.95......

Edited by Dolly

I also did the monthly sampler too, saves me the trouble of picking and choosing.

Turkish Delight brought back memories of India (their perfumes, the resins and attars, even the tea!), it's so authentic smelling, I might use it to scent rooms instead of wearing it on myself though.

Turkish Delight is a staple in my home so I couldnt wait to test this one. This one really does smell like the rose turkish delight. The rose is the strongest note to me and the sugar comes in next and smells great. Im more partial to the original turkish delight candy without the rose flavor so I think if I layer this one that has more brown sugar or maple scent it will go perfect.

I think it could layer great with pied piper or raqs sharqi. I'll probably buy a big bottle of this one too for my sister since her eyes bugged out when she smelled it and said I better buy her one lol.

This and Turn On, both remind me of being 18, summer outdoor concerts, "scarf" halter tops, bluejean cutoffs and losing my 'flip flops', some of the best times of my life.

liz :)

ps: Thx ladies (M/D) for the memories !

Edited by liz

This was very strong when I put it on, I was a little worried, but as it dried down it would waft up so subtly every now and then and i thought it was so cool that it was me that smelled like this! Usually it's the "other" women who get to smell sophistocated, yet earthy and exotic! I'll leave it to the other ladies to breakdown the different notes, I'll just say it was very nice!

I need to buy a proper bottle of this, I received my vial yesterday (and a few others of course!) and am well enamoured of it! <3 <3 <3 It does smell like the rose turkish delight candy I get when the store has it but also very powdery and resinous.

It does smell like the rose turkish delight candy I get when the store has it but also very powdery and resinous.

ooooouuuuuuuu......that sounds FABULOUS !!! would you have go to a 'turkish' grocery shop or would you order on line ? Now I want to try it :)

liz

Ooh, this is the one I have been looking forward to most of all from my most recent order.

I have been working the midnight shift recently. One week on, one week off. When I came home I had a feeling my package would be arriving today. So I tried to sit up a bit and wait for it. Since my order was big enough it was going to require a signature to deliver. At 12:30 I can't hold out any longer, so I go to bed. When I wake up and check the mail, sure enough, there is that little card indicating they came by with my lovely little package and now I have to wait another day before I can get my hands on it.

*sigh*

Oh well, I always have been a big believer in delayed gratification making things so much better.

So, where would one purchase the candy if one were so inclined?

Darbla....here's a little info http://englishteastore.com/history-turkish-delight.html, hope it works, I'm not too good at links.

ps: you can order the candy and even has a recipe to make your own

Edited by liz

Darbla....here's a little info http://englishteastore.com/history-turkish-delight.html, hope it works, I'm not too good at links.

ps: you can order the candy and even has a recipe to make your own

Woah! thanks for the link, I want to try making some now. I get it at the grocery store's international section they have it every few weeks, and even some is even covered in milk chocolate <3

Woah! thanks for the link, I want to try making some now. I get it at the grocery store's international section they have it every few weeks, and even some is even covered in milk chocolate <3

Make me some !!!

Yay!! I finally got my package!

I have to say, I like this one. I wasn't sure what I thought of it at first, because I made the mistake of wearing this on my wrists and Raven's Secret Weapon on my neck and chest. Both are wonderful, but on me Raven's has a much stronger and lasting scent. With it so close to my nose, I couldn't get a proper idea of how Turkish Delight did on my skin. I am now wearing it on its own, and have to say I'm quite pleased with it.

For everyone who compares this with Raqs Sharqi, I can understand where you are coming from. I can detect some of the similar notes between these two. This one is softer and lighter on my skin. Of the two, Raqs is still my favorite (but then again it has been officially classified my all-time favorite, which is saying something when considering all the other yummy scents I just adore) however this one is very pleasant as well and will be making its place among my regular go-to perfumes.

Turkish Delight

In vial: very similar to Raqs, but with a sweet rose-lemon scent.

On skin: mmm, this is gorgeous. Incredibly exotic and sensuous, this smells of incense and bazaar spices mingling with rose and lemon. Once dry, the tangy scent of the lemon pops out a bit more, and underneath is the scent of candied rose shimmying under veils of mysterious incenses, resins, sandalwood, spices, a touch of musk. this is really gorgeous. It’s got a more sandalwood-y scent to it than Raqs which was more of a spiced amber/smoke/musk scent. after a while the lemon tones down a bit and the incense notes come forward a little, the scent becomes a bit smokier, like there’s a hint of hookah pipe smoke wafting though. This actually reminds me of the BPAL scent Gypsy Queen, which is a good thing since I love GQ. And then it turns into a gorgeous spiced red musk scent, hints of rose, but not as much sweetness now, this is now smoke from incense and hubbly bubbly pipes mingling with raunchy red musk and spices from the market. And then it morphs again, this time into a rose-tinted amber with a smoky musk base This is just wonderful, rich and sensual and magical, this is a scent I will need more of, asap!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wasn't expecting this to be so strong and resinous. There are moments when I catch the scent and I think it really does smell like Turkish delight (which I love), but in general I find the resins come very much to the fore, with the rose and lemon hiding in the shadows. I think this might be a better nighttime or cold-weather scent, so I'm going to put it away for now and try it again when it's a little cooler out.

Edited by Maxine of Arc

• 2 months later...

This was my first experience with LP products and it was a wonderful experience at that. On me initially, this is slightly powdery with a hint of lemon and a strong resin smell. After about five minutes, it dies down very nicely. Faint powdery sweetness, hint of citrus and rose and a soft spice. Not too strong at all. Also not too powdery on me, which I love.

I was afraid it would be to strong, so I used about a 6 inch roll on the inner arm and then rubbed onto my other arm. It turned out to be the perfect amount.

It makes me feel exotic and sexy. It actually makes me smile when I "get a whiff" of myself.

• 11 months later...

Okay...never even thought I would want this one because of the mention of Incense ( I don't do well with some incense, ot at least that is what I thought) and rose...but anyways...decided when this whole sale thing was going on I would try a bottle...

FABULOUS and I really like it...gonna have to try it again as hubby is drowning the house out with his scents, but I do like this one... The incense is not too dept and the rose is not too strong...so glad I braved up and and ordered a bottle.

be blessed -djac

This is one of my favorites (and I love Raqs Sharqi and Liz's Dark Patchouli and Rose Otto as well, those 3 are cousins I think!). For a patch and rose scent it has such delicacy. It's like Liz's DP and RO had a baby with powdered sugar-covered lemon bars.

This was my first experience with LP products and it was a wonderful experience at that. On me initially, this is slightly powdery with a hint of lemon and a strong resin smell. After about five minutes, it dies down very nicely. Faint powdery sweetness, hint of citrus and rose and a soft spice. Not too strong at all. Also not too powdery on me, which I love.

I was afraid it would be to strong, so I used about a 6 inch roll on the inner arm and then rubbed onto my other arm. It turned out to be the perfect amount.

It makes me feel exotic and sexy. It actually makes me smile when I "get a whiff" of myself.

I couldn't quite figure out how to describe this one...but you captured it exactly for me...not too strong and the rose and incense are not too strong either...it dries down really really nicely on me...faint powdery sweetness...I am really enjoying this one.

djac

• 2 months later...

This has to be my favourite scent so far...which is good as it is my first bottle! What do I get from it...

It's like the most heavenly incense, unlit, with a smidge of patchouli, the sweetest rose turkish delight and a hint of mint tea on your breath. It's delicious!

I gave this to my mum to try and she loved it also. She said "hmmmm,this takes meback a bit!"...followed later by "get me some!".

• 9 months later...

In the vial the lemon and the rose are nicely sweet but on me the attars quickly take over, with the rose sort of hovering above. What this makes me think of, more than anything, is Rajah, but for women. It's a deep deep deep resin/incense kind of blend that a woman could wear because of the delicate rose and the sweetness draped over the other notes like a sheer scarf.

In the vial the lemon and the rose are nicely sweet but on me the attars quickly take over, with the rose sort of hovering above. What this makes me think of, more than anything, is Rajah, but for women. It's a deep deep deep resin/incense kind of blend that a woman could wear because of the delicate rose and the sweetness draped over the other notes like a sheer scarf.

Good description! The attars take over on me as well, but I LOVE the incensey notes, so I am totally cool with that! I am going to wear some today, I think.....

I loved Rajah too, by the way.....

Edited by Dolly

• 5 months later...

This is similar to Remind me again IMO, except the ROSE is much stronger! Almost like dusty antique rose....

Hmmm there is something in the scent that makes me dizzy??? Could be the lemon since i don't normally do well with lemon!! :Hug_emoticon: Will be putting on trade post too :P

• 2 months later...

This one is just plain fun! First off, I have to say I love the label - isn't that giraffe just wonderful? :w00t:

This is probably the most playful LP I have tried so far. Yes, it is deep and exotic, but not in a sultry sexy way - at least not on me. It's youthful, vivacious, and the various notes seem to be having a blast playing hide-and-seek on my skin.

On me, it's all fruity / syrupy resins rather than incense per se. There's no smokiness to it, but if you've ever opened a tub of shisha tobacco, the one that's dripping with molasses, you'll have an idea of what this smells like. Rose is the most prominent top note on me, followed by lemon, and an almost imperceptible hint of mint to keep things lively.

Turkish Delight is a great mood booster, and that alone makes it a definite keeper.

PS: I want a giraffe for Christmas.