TURN ON

Dolly

AD-TurnOn.jpg

Turn On

A real, traditional 60's Hippie scent! A nostalgic trip back to the days of tie-dyed bell bottoms and vinyl records, lava lamps, enormous 'fros, and free love! A quality blend of expensive, rich incensey oils that will act like a time machine for your mind. Turn On...Tune Out...Make Love!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.
AMBER ~ Fertility, luck, riches, sensuality.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing, powerful guard against evil.
COPAL ~ Love, purification, cleansing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to giggle when I put this one on and smelled it......it reminds me of the smell of an old friend of mine's apt.......I even think I smell the "smoke" wafting out from the bedroom....this one is spot on as a hippie scent.....truly unusual but very nice! Patchouli, Amber, and I get the smell of Mary Jane in the background!

Ha..so I wasn't having an olfactory hallucination. Yeah, I thought I smelled MJ in the background there.

Yeah, this is definitely as advertised. Those with fond remberances of the 60's/early '70s will want this as might younger ones who want to do a time machine perfume trip.

(goes to put on a tie-dye shirt) :love:

LOL! Actually, I used Sage in there, but the effect is similar.

:love:

Sneaky sneaky.....

Ahh... that aged PATCHOULI, that brings back lots of fun times

liz :love:

Isn't it amazing? I collected four different aged patchoulis, ranging from 20 to 40 years old. It really has a distinction quite unlike the new. A couple of them were nearly solid, the resins so tar thick.

Isn't it amazing? I collected four different aged patchoulis, ranging from 20 to 40 years old. It really has a distinction quite unlike the new. A couple of them were nearly solid, the resins so tar thick.

I still have a bottle from highschool (74) and its' SO thick(yeah, like tar) and dark, nearly black. I have to stick a toothpick in it to get a bit of it. Price sticker still on it $1.95 (I remember when that was worth something, heh..)

liz :love:

LOL! That's awesome!

I had to heat the bottles a little just to get the lids off. Do you have to do that with yours? What do you do with it?

You know those 'tarts' that melt to scent a room ? you know like a candle... well, someone gave me a few patchouli ones, but the scent was a little weak, so I add a little of that dark, thick patchouli to it (the melted wax) and it gives it a little oomph !!

liz

• 8 years later...

(I found a few vintage samples I hadn't tried before as I was going through my vast collection, heh.)

This one has that total groovy head shop vibe to it, even now as a vintage LPMP! Proving of course that resins just get better with age. It reminds me of a scent from Alternative Breeding called 3AM, which I suspect is a similar vibe: burning incense to disguise certain activities...

:peace-sign: