Beltane

Dolly

Well, this one.....hmmmmm.......I am having a hard time picking out individual notes, but I do get a smokiness and resin smell, with an overlying sweetness.....It is as if, on sniffing, I get them all, but in varying degrees. Fruit, florals, woodsy, smoke, and a resin base.....complex, and very NICE!

Edited by Dolly

OMG I was so suprised by this one. In the bottle I caught a sweet smell that kind of made an arc in my mind when I pictured it. Dolly is right , it is complex. There is a very nice depth that I don't fully appreciate until drydown. I can't pick out the individual notes, but it is really nice, and different. The final scent is like nothing I've smelled. Divine!

• 2 weeks later...

To me there is an overall fruityness, but then my mindshifts and notes the florals...but yet I can smeel the wood and resin that dolly speaks of. I akso smell a boozy scent like wine in there (and no it isnt me :) ) There is a spice almost like a light chai or cinnamon. It reminds me of a fruity herbal tea bag...I like this one very much.

• 3 months later...

I just revisited this one. I bought a full bottle when it came out and haven't touched it. I put some on today and WOW!!! it was nice when I bought it but now it is SPECTACULAR!!! It is bright and subtle and complex and I haven't a clue how to describe it, but it you have a bottle or a sample and haven't played with it lately, give it another try, it grew up to be a real stunner!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I was sooo looking forward to trying this one. In the bottle, I loved the scent. When I put it on, however, it did something funky with my chemistry. All I could smell were the smokey notes and a very acrid overture. I was so sad. I even left it on to try it a few hours later, and no luck. It smelled the same...

I am going to set it aside and try it again in a week or two and see if it will smell better on me when I am not having an influx of monthy hormones...

I was sooo looking forward to trying this one. In the bottle, I loved the scent. When I put it on, however, it did something funky with my chemistry. All I could smell were the smokey notes and a very acrid overture. I was so sad. I even left it on to try it a few hours later, and no luck. It smelled the same...

I am going to set it aside and try it again in a week or two and see if it will smell better on me when I am not having an influx of monthy hormones...

Try a scent locket.....whenever I have one that my skin chemistry does ugly things with, I can still enjoy the scent in my locket.....

I also can smell a fruit soaking in wine type of top note. Followed by a wet nearly green blend of smokey scent. It is very unique. I get the image of sitting outside on Beltane on the ground gazing at the stars and smelling the remnants of a faraway bonfire and the dewy grass and earth.

Great visual! Thanks LPT

• 3 months later...

This scent is duplicious (sp?) - that is the best way to describe it - it's fruit but not, it's sweet but not, it's smokey but not, it's woodsy but not - you get the idea

It's warm apple cedar wood chips being smoked on the grill while you lightly grill and glaze fruit at an outside area right before dusk.

the best thing to do is get yourself a bottle of this before it is gone, it is on the endangered list and i have no clue how many are left.

fruit, deep dark incense, budding blossoms, foresty revelry and Bal-Fire smoke

When I first put this on it is WHOA bubblegum fruit, then it starts to mellow out & it does get acrid, I know it's a resin, just not sure which one, but I do love that smokey, acrid note. Dry it's has a fruity/floral sweetness (much like fruity wine) with a light tangy acrid smoke underneath.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old review, since I wore this last on Beltane. :) However, I was looking through all these reviews and remembered that I'd forgotten to write my review.

Like I said, I wore this beauty on Beltane....ahh, this came out on my skin as fruity, then, went to a softer incensy floral. Is incensy floral a real word? If this one turns smokey, it never did on me. I can't do smokey because my skin does something alien to a smokey fragrance that I couldn't descibe if I wanted to.

Well, the day (and fragrance) was working very well...I was lovin' it, then, Miss Christine (aka SB) and I started our Beltane festivities. We started off with a massage at the spa. Needless to say, after I was waterboarded, all my Beltane goodness was washed away (too bad it doesn't have protective properties). Never fear...my military experience kicked in and I told them nothing and gave up nothing. ^_^

The moral of this story would be NOT to wear this wonder to a spa where you will be waterboarded. Wear it so you can appreciate its beauty most of the day.

Edited by Jo Anna

I know this is an old review, since I wore this last on Beltane. ^_^ However, I was looking through all these reviews and remembered that I'd forgotten to write my review.

Like I said, I wore this beauty on Beltane....ahh, this came out on my skin as fruity, then, went to a softer incensy floral. Is incensy floral a real word? If this one turns smokey, it never did on me. I can't do smokey because my skin does something alien to a smokey fragrance that I couldn't descibe if I wanted to.

Well, the day (and fragrance) was working very well...I was lovin' it, then, Miss Christine (aka SB) and I started our Beltane festivities. We started off with a massage at the spa. Needless to say, after I was waterboarded, all my Beltane goodness was washed away (too bad it doesn't have protective properties). Never fear...my military experience kicked in and I told them nothing and gave up nothing. ;)

The moral of this story would be NOT to wear this wonder to a spa where you will be waterboarded. Wear it so you can appreciate its beauty most of the day.

:) Thnx for the tip JA.

I will keep that in mind, next time I schedule a "Waterboarding"... :party:

I just have to LOL at "waterboarding"!! I have never had a treatment with the vichy shower, but I really want to!! I'll save the LP's for after. Now, on the other hand, I'm going for shiatsu in a couple of minutes, and wondering if I should remove the fragrance I'm wearing...I don't want to make the poor guy uncomfortable!!

• 9 months later...

Smelling this in the vial, it's a fresh and pretty yet mysterious floral. After putting it on however it smells a bit link pen ink and bubble bath... strange... it's not bad but I'll probably be passing on my sample.