Eye of the Moggie

Beccah

Moggie is a dominating scent that commands attention. It has a golden sun characteristic that is rich and erotic. A honey resin musk, w vague powder scent. It has intensity and stamina, I apply 1/5th of the ave lp and reapply minimally every 3 to 5 hours. The first night I wore this the hits were obvious. The second or third time it got easier to navigate after getting used to it's honey ingredient that I'm sensitive to. I like the power and intensity this brings to the table, a tied for first top scent that is hoard worthy.

Another winning LP honey! This actually turns out a lot more, er, "appropriate" on me than many of the "dirtier" honeys. Initially I get a lot of thick, rich honey, and the musks gradually emerge. The final drydown is actually somewhat powdery but powdery in the best way possible (think in the sense of Babe in the Woods though they're different scents). It's definitely honey-dominant on my skin; I'm guessing the musks and ambergris end up being the more powdery elements but that means I can actually wear it to work without smelling like smut. :lol:

Sorry Eggers, hate to say it but I love this stuff. I wore it this weekend while out with my husband and I just felt so sexy in it. It's got an edge of naughtiness but strangely not overtly on me considering the notes. I think I saw someone mention that they could probably wear it work. I haven't quite decided yet whether I would do that because honey in general turns very sexual on me but I would definitely say it's on my list of scents when I intend on getting down and dirty.

I'm thinking I should do more outages and be away for a couple weeks more often because that's all I've thought of for the past week. LOL

Oh my Storemy. <evil grin> Now you KNOW I'm going to have to try this! <wink, nudge> ; ) BTW, Hugs!

• 2 weeks later...

No work so I'm wearing this today.

Wow.. it's so sexy. A super dusky/musky honey scent. A little animalistic and faintly herbal. There's just a fine 'ish dusting of a powdery finish. Long dry down finishes a little softer and a little less dirty than at the beginning.

This is just super sensual and the warmth from the golden honey makes me want to purr all day. Very nice with Gotcha. :666:

Edited by StacyK

• 4 weeks later...

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this already!

I loved this. Often the SLFs are too sweet for me--i think it might be the catnip that pushes this one in the right direction, it's strong and sharp and makes my nostrils crinkle. "Animalic" for sure! The honey is thick and raw instead of sugary or syrupy. I got mine boosted with cops and it has the same effect on me as OCCO SLF but more so--OCCO SLF left me feeling languid and powerful, but still human. Eye of the Moggie makes me feel languid like I'm stretched out naked on a patch of grass, fur soaked with sunlight, and a half-gnawed antelope carcass at my feet: it puts me totally into my big cat prowly animal self. Absolutely wonderful.

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this already!

I loved this. Often the SLFs are too sweet for me--i think it might be the catnip that pushes this one in the right direction, it's strong and sharp and makes my nostrils crinkle. "Animalic" for sure! The honey is thick and raw instead of sugary or syrupy. I got mine boosted with cops and it has the same effect on me as OCCO SLF but more so--OCCO SLF left me feeling languid and powerful, but still human. Eye of the Moggie makes me feel languid like I'm stretched out naked on a patch of grass, fur soaked with sunlight, and a half-gnawed antelope carcass at my feet: it puts me totally into my big cat prowly animal self. Absolutely wonderful.

I love it too. I think it would go great with Gotcha. Very soft and verrry sexy.

I can't wait to hear what you think of Honeyed LP.

Save it for a special day though.

I love it too. I think it would go great with Gotcha. Very soft and verrry sexy.

I can't wait to hear what you think of Honeyed LP.

Save it for a special day though.

Couldn't stand it--last night tried Jouir De in the crook of my left elbow and Honeyed LP in the right.... JD a little too much for me, but HP, oh my! Will definitely save for a special occasion... thank you so much!!

ETA: Just to stay firmly on-topic--I love the way Eye of the Moggie smells the morning after! I wake up with the softest slightly smutty traces of honey scent on my skin.... this beast has staying power, for sure. :-)

Edited by Blackcat

Jour De is either loved or hated.

For me it's just too much on my skin.

Maybe a note for later.. Dance Of Passion is a less stanky, IMO "younger" sexy version of Jour De. The honey it it does a pretty clean powder thing and the orchid is pretty. It's a sexy, happy honey floral without that antiqued musty smell Jour De leaves behind.

MOGGIE is fab. So pretty/sexy, that honeyed skin scent it leaves behind the next day.

Edited by StacyK

• 1 month later...

First off, let me just say that thanks to Storemy, I was able to try the infamous Jouir De. I have highly unsual skin PH and what goes skanky and yucky on most for the most part, works well for me. That was the case with Jouir De.

I can not say enough how much I LOVE Eye of the Moggie! OMG!!! This stuff is both dead on smutty and at the same time, DIVINE on me! It absolutely oozes sex and magick. Smut and high ritual arts. ( that can happen!) I am a total "Civet Ho" which i think Storemy will attest to. My skin *loves* the stuff and just drinks it up.

Moggie goes completely Civety Musk on me and just completely drips honey on my skin. Any hint of Catnip is lost on my skin and ambergris is so well blended with the honey and musky Civet that it melds right in. Sweetly, resinously, smutty all at once. When I wear this, I feel SEXY, I feel exotic. To me this is a perfect ritual perfume. I am in actuality, a Priestess of Bast/et and this potion meets my needs and approval 101 %.

It makes me feel like I can either get down and dirty or cast a magickal circle as soon as it sets in. Or both if I wanted. I have to say , Eye of the Moggie is second only to Dirty Sexy as my all time LP favorite and even then, depending on my mood? Maybe my fave! If you are a "Civet Slut" like me , even if it is synthetic.. O...M...G..!!! Thank you Mara! If I were a man, this would give me an instant erection! LOL! :Emoticons0804:

Ah Rose, I am so glad that you ended up loving this so much. I really thought you would like it but with your chemistry, it could've been a surprise. Not sure how many are left. I think last time I looked it was getting low so you may want to stock up while you can!!

And yes, I will attest to the fact that you have the wonkiest skin chemistry and therefore you can be and are...a total "Civet Ho". :smiley-laughing024:

• 1 month later...

OK, I'm late to the party on this one, because . . . well . . . it scared me. *whimper* With visions of Jouir De creeping through my head, I slammed the little sniffie into a drawer, locked it, and turned out the light. Until tonight. I got brave. Maybe it was the wine.

I've been soooo unfair to poor little Moggie. He's really quite nice, and plays well with my chemistry. He's the little Jack Russell terrier to big bad Great Dane Jouir De. Moggie lets me run around growling without getting thrown into the garage. Don't let me mislead you -- he's no teacup poodle! But he definitely won't bite you in uncomfortable places.

I love Moggie, and I'm sorry I ever doubted him.

Edited by Just Ducky

OK, I'm late to the party on this one, because . . . well . . . it scared me. *whimper* With visions of Jouir De creeping through my head, I slammed the little sniffie into a drawer, locked it, and turned out the light. Until tonight. I got brave. Maybe it was the wine.

I've been soooo unfair to poor little Moggie. He's really quite nice, and plays well with my chemistry. He's the little Jack Russell terrier to big bad Great Dane Jouir De. Moggie lets me run around growling without getting thrown into the garage. Don't let me mislead you -- he's no teacup poodle! But he definitely won't bite you in uncomfortable places.

I love Moggie, and I'm sorry I ever doubted him.

I know what you mean Ducky. I had similar reservations but I went for it in that Oct order.

Even after the first wearing I felt oddly conservative about wearing it.

It took wearing it in the winter to appreciate the soft, glossy, warm and surprisingly subtle scent. Musky with a touch of wild! I love it. It's a warm sunny hug. I imagine a wild, soft little female cat walking out of the shady woods into the warm sunlight.

Thanks for the support, Rose B and StacyK! Yes, I have definitely moved into the Moggie addict category!

Funny how some of us "see" it as a feline, some of us as a canine. To me, it's too upfront and honest to be a feline. I wonder if there's any correlation between how we perceive it and whether we are "cat" or "dog" persons?

• 6 months later...

This stuff is potent! I think I over-slathered. Oh well, I'm in a sexy/smutty cloud of musky honey. It actually starts to go powdery on my skin. It's not exactly a "me" scent, but I'll keep it for when I feel like lounging around the house. And next time I think a lighter hand when applying will be a great idea!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Moggie is shy on me!

In the vial, I love it; warm, sultry goodness, like a golden cat purring in the sunshine.

On my skin, it goes 'mrieuw?' and then stretches and disappears....

If I stick my nose to my skin and inhale deeply I can imagine there is still a trace left, something very soft, like a cat's caress, just whiskers, but even that I am not sure of.

I've tried it on several places on my body, several times of the month, moisturized with several different oils/creams beforehand, applied it on clothing... Same thing every time.

Which leaves me a bit torn: I do love the whiff I get, but it is gone SO quickly!

I might give it a whirl in my scent locket, see if that helps, but I really do prefer to wear perfumes on my body, not inside a hunk of silver.

• 5 months later...

I tried this one out yesterday. I like it! It's pretty and musky. I don't really get "sex" from it like it sounds like a lot of others did, but I just like it. My husband thought it smelled like baby powder, but I really didn't get that at all. It's a bit powdery, but I find it stays mostly musky. It lasts quite well on me, too.

• 4 months later...

I adore this. On one of my LP hiatuses, I collected "lots' of vintage scents(like 15 bottles at once for like 40 bucks or something) on eBay. I had several hits, some misses, but all in all I feel like I really widened my scope of knowledge on perfumery in general by doing so.

Moggie reminds me ALOT of one of the classic civet/powder bomb scents that was huge in the 50's and 60's. The honey pulls to powder on me in a few minutes,and almost gives off the vibe of oakmoss in that respect,just a lot sweeter. And something fizzes, almost like an aldehyde. Maybe that catnip, I dunno. The civet is VERY realistic for being a synthetic! I have bottles that contain the real deal(I would never buy it new mind you, I think the way it's harvested is AWFUL) but it's spot ON for the real thing. Such a classy,powdery, musky old school BOMB of an LP! I am so glad I took a chance on this. I almost didn't cause I was scared it would be all vag..ha! Think along the lines of Carven MaGriffe, Avon Occur...the musk even reminds me a little bit of Elizabeth Taylor's Passion(my favorite commercial scent). Good stuff, yet again!

Thanks to the always wonderful Blackcat for sharing her stash with me!

I'm so glad it's working for you! That's really interesting to hear about resemblances to vintage scents.... very cool! This remains one of my favorites (I won't tell you how many bottles I still have!) because it's got such a great wild vibe to it. To me it is very sexy, but in a cat that walks by herself kind of way.

• 3 weeks later...

I just figured out what this reminds me of the most: VINTAGE Avon Timeless! Not the new version full of aromachemicals, but the delicious old powdery chypre with real civet and oakmoss. I LOVE THIS STUFF! I told myself no more back up bottles cause I have so much perfume, its not realistic that I need backups...but I might have to break that rule for this!

• 3 months later...

I was going through my collection and found this, thought id have a swipe n review today~

In the vile, the ambergrise is very forward and in pretty sure that weird note is catnip. On skin, its a light powdery and rich amber, the honey is a very low key...floral? Very faint skin musk thats---dare i say it? almost innocent!

The heavy SLF i got previously is totally gone and i was thrown for a loop! This lusty, sexual scent from before actually calmed waaay down! Now it reads more as a "warm sensual" like napping in the sun outside in the nude.

Its sweet, powdery goodness is still grown up woman. It has a *teeny* bit of an edge, like the slf is in waiting, giving you the side eye and daring you to give it a damn good reason to come out of its slumber.