Flying Potion 2013

AD-FlyingPotion2013_1.jpg

MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibility, soothes marital problems.
LICORICE ~ Love, lust, fidelity, sexual potency.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion, beauty and youth glamour.
CASSIS ~ Love, fertility, abundance. Healing, money attraction, protection.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

Scent: Fluffy, light and elevating! A happy marshmallow scent with a hint of creamy ylang ylang, a touch of autumnal spice, and a splash of tangy grapefruit and cassis.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could NOT pass this up! Straight into the cart, did not pass go. (Coulda used the two hundred bucks, though.)

Could NOT pass this up! Straight into the cart, did not pass go. (Coulda used the two hundred bucks, though.)

:Emoticons04263: I'm going for a full bottle of this one.

I had to order this. I so hope it works on me.

I ordered FBs right off the bat.

I'm pretty well stalked up on the Levitation Phero now. It was in my PE and of course the original fragrance and now FP which I had to get. I had crossed my fingers for a rebrew of this. So excited to try this scent too.

OMG DUCK I SCREAMED LAUGHING AT YOUR AVI

I knew you'd appreciate the humor, Tyvey! It was a good hunting week. :CHEERS~19:

Original Flying Potion is in my top five all time favorites. This new version is amazing. Light as a cloud perfectly apt for flying. I feel like it has more depth than the original. The original took some aging to be more than just marshmallow. You can smell the other notes in this one more. I LOVE IT. Full bottle even though I still have three of the 2010 version.

Edited by halo0073

oh it sounds perfect.. I can't wait. I think all the notes sound like they'd really compliment each other.

Edited by StacyK

Original Flying Potion is in my top five all time favorites. This new version is amazing. Light as a cloud perfectly apt for flying. I feel like it has more depth than the original. The original took some aging to be more than just marshmallow. You can smell the other notes in this one more. I LOVE IT. Full bottle even though I still have three of the 2010 version.

OMG, this review is amazing... This sounds like it will be a winner on me....

I'm curious as to how prominent the licorice and spices are in this. I amp the spices in everything.

I usually despise licorice notes, but in the earlier versions I haven't detected the licorice. In general, I actually like LP's "white" licorice scents. It's crazy how you can come to enjoy something that you would NEVER in a million years have picked off the shelf, lol. Makes me really appreciate the sampler packs.

can't even smell them as separate notes. I get super sweet marshmallow, ylang and a brightness from the grapefruit

This is just going to be so good. I know it. 2 FBs ordered.. I'm not playing around here. :666:

How many brews of Flying Potion have I been around for? I can't believe i'm just now smelling it! Light and fluffy with just the hint of spiciness. Those worried about the licorice shouldn't. I know it's there but it blends in so well. I love the grapefruit note in this!!! It's not too tart, not too sweet or pink. It's just grapefruit. But it doesn't hang around too long before it blends into everything else. I love the Levitation phero for this.

How many brews of Flying Potion have I been around for? I can't believe i'm just now smelling it! Light and fluffy with just the hint of spiciness. Those worried about the licorice shouldn't. I know it's there but it blends in so well. I love the grapefruit note in this!!! It's not too tart, not too sweet or pink. It's just grapefruit. But it doesn't hang around too long before it blends into everything else. I love the Levitation phero for this.

Great review! Yeaaa

This smells really good! The Levitation phero is soooo perfect with it. Ok- this is weird but for some reason this scent reminds me of a certain candy. Have you ever had Fun Dip? You know the dipper stick that is white candy? It smells just like that to my weird nose! Lol! I loved that candy when I was a kid.

This is bright but lightly sweet. I never tried the last version but glad I scored a bottle this time around!

This is not what I expected - though I honestly had no idea what I was to expect. I was fearful of the licorice and certainly needn't have been! I do smell the faintest, sweetest licorice I ever have and the spices and marshmallow are there too, but, honesty, everything is so well blended that it's just this light gorgeousness. Lightly sweet sugar and spice and very sheer. I wish I'd gotten 2!

My fb arrived this morning and I fear I've gone through a quarter of it already. Gads this stuff is fantastic!! The first sprays made me laugh aloud, even feel a bit woozy, then left me smelling great and with a big ol' smile plastered on my face.

The scent is divine, the phero amazing. So I did what any other crazed phero lunatic would do -- blasted off an order for TWO more fb's.

Dayum. I have met my match.

My budget this month is miniscule, and I only can get ONE thing, so I just ordered this!! I love that Levitation phero, and it will be nice to have a fall scent with it so I can tuck my treasured Levitation fragrance away for springtime. Super excited!

So right, SL! It's going to be an effort not to overuse this stuff; I do not want to build a tolerance to its wonderful effects.

Must not overuse must not overuse. . . .

Well... now that I ordered a FB ,I can add my accolades...heh. While I still have both of the other versions,and love them,this has a somewhat different scent to it,to me,slightly more pink,and spicy,and oh yeah the phero blend is awesome, and I just used a little :D oh and ordered another sample too... to add a drop of cops to ! :001_302:

Edited by Calii

Ok- this is weird but for some reason this scent reminds me of a certain candy. Have you ever had Fun Dip? You know the dipper stick that is white candy? It smells just like that to my weird nose! Lol! I loved that candy when I was a kid.

How funny, Little Witches is the one which reminds me of Fun Dip!

Well... now that I ordered a FB ,I can add my accolades...heh. While I still have both of the other versions,and love them,this has a somewhat different scent to it,to me,slightly more pink,and spicy,and oh yeah the phero blend is awesome, and I just used a little :D oh and ordered another sample too... to add a drop of cops to ! :001_302:

I really, really like this version. It's lovely.

So I have been spraying myself all day. I can't get enough of this scent. The licorice note I think is starting to remind me of Pink Sugar. This is Pink Sugar with no Pink. It's Marshmallow Sugar. I'll probably OD on Levitation at the rate I'm dousing myself lol!

Story time!

I was at a hotel sharing my october samples w.one of my surrogate mums (we both work nights but I was killing time before work) and I had this out trying to recall what levitation did/what was in it and one of her coworkers dashed over because she heard "pheromones". The crazy lady took the vial right out of my hands and started to douse herself!

While still trying to explain that it was a social I batted the damn thing out of her hand(not without consequences, sadly) She was pretty angry that it wasn't the generic-sexual blah and I was angry that she was rude and used little over a quarter before I even opened it. I was pretty glum because she wouldnt listen to me so i just gave her maras card and hoped she enjoys the od that little shit. The carpet however got graced w.65% of the vial so lot of the customers were pretty upbeat.

Okay storytime over. Now for the actual review

This. Is. BEAUTIFUL omg if true love ever had a smell it would smell like this haha

I never knew what ylang ylang or marshmallow root smelled like, that's what must be very pronounced on me! Its creamy and sweet-but not sugar sweet, more natural or..I'm not sure how to describe it. The liquorice rounded it out and balanced everything, if I didn't know anything about this I wouldn't have guessed there was spice in this! Fo sho I cannot pick out anything after dry down its all blended incredibly well.

It smells like sweet generic bubblegum and flowers! I'm so in love w.this potion I hope its still here tomorrow haha

^^That's awful. She didn't deserve Maras card ;)

Sorry you lost most of your trial. Just a side note, it was before my time but previous brews of this have flown away pretty fast, FYI.

How is the spice level in this one compared to Midnight Masquerade and Unreasonable Pumpkin? I tend to amp spices, but I can wear MM and UP. Is it spicier than these? How about the marshmallow as compared to MM?

I have MM and UP and the spices in FP are light and just barely there...even lighter to my nose than UP. I think you will find this one fantastic! I amp spice notes too on occasion and that isn't a problem with FP at all, they're there but VERY complimentary! :)

OMG, 2F, who does that? How rude of her - just grabbing the thing & spraying like a mad woman! :mad: What a self-entitled douche! I probably wouldn't have been nice enough to give her Mara's card. Grabby-hands like that don't deserve it. How sad you lost most of your sampler! :( Boo.