Flying Potion 2013

Just a guess, but it sounds like, maybe, a byproduct of the extra DHEAS. (and your natural charm of course).

it would be interesting for you to wear OW in the same context to see what happens. I so love FP and Levitation but I like OW too and sometimes it seems to be a much better fit.

You know, I've never tried OW!! I really liked my Panda sample though, so maybe I'll give that a try at work this weekend... it's Memorial Day weekend AND college commencement so I think we're going to get slammed. This would be a good test!

Then I will come home and wash it off and slather in Flying Potion to take me away.... :-)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I had to stop wearing this to work, too! I thought Levitation would be perfect for my retail job, but I found that people just stuck to me like glue -- I'd have a line piling up and some guy would still be leaning on the counter chatting away like there was no tomorrow!

Saw your post a little later on -- yes, try Open Windows. You'll love it!!!

I can't wear FP to work. I thought it would be great, since OW works so well for me there, but the DHEAS makes my customers want to chat and chat and chat. And it makes them want to get into my "bubble" - they always try to touch me, whether it's grabbing my hand/arm, hugging me, or pinching my cheeks(!) - and I'm just too busy for that. I much prefer OW at work.

If I had to have only one social, OW would be it...

I could definitely see how that extra DHEAS would slow your turn over. You gotta turn and burn!!!! lol If I were to go back in time and wait, I'd probably take OW, TH and maybe LFM (I'd love to see how LFM works in reverse if you know what I mean). Have you ever tried it Eggers?

...turn and burn, good way to put it :lol2:

.....Just went and ordered me some FP..lol Great review by the way, Coming Up Roses!!

LOL, glad you "got you some" darlin' - you will luuuuuuuv Flying Potion!

I love this scent! It's just gorgeous! But I find I rarely go for the unscented. I have a few unscented pheros I'm thinking of re-homing for the same reason. It seems like there are a small handful that just get the proper effect ONLY when paired with the perfect scent ^_^ This seems to be behaving like one of them!

Hi NuTrix :) what do you mean when you say....you rarely go for the unscented? How does that tie in being Flying Potion is scented? I'm probably speaking out of turn, I should probably read the post prior to yours lol...pardon me if my question is silly.

You know, I've never tried OW!! I really liked my Panda sample though, so maybe I'll give that a try at work this weekend... it's Memorial Day weekend AND college commencement so I think we're going to get slammed. This would be a good test!

Then I will come home and wash it off and slather in Flying Potion to take me away.... :-)

You don't need to wash it off. Levitation is just OW with extra DHEAS added. I'd say you could just put on your Levitation. Unless you reapplied a few times at work. you don't want an OD. But otherwise you should be good.

LOL, glad you "got you some" darlin' - you will luuuuuuuv Flying Potion!

Hi NuTrix :) what do you mean when you say....you rarely go for the unscented? How does that tie in being Flying Potion is scented? I'm probably speaking out of turn, I should probably read the post prior to yours lol...pardon me if my question is silly.

Oh no! My bad, I wasn't very clear. I meant the Unscented Levitation, which is the phero blend in Flying Potion. I thought I would be using that all the time, but it's the scented Frying Potion that I keep reaching for. I just love it!

Oh, ok got it ^_^! Yes, Flying Potion is absolutely delicious. I wore three sprays the other day and it was more than enough phero wise but the scent itself faded too quickly. Hoping next time I try it, it'll last longer. Do you wear FP by itself? It seems to have it all but the experienced ladies, like yourself, can always find some great combos.

Levitation sounds great, I ordered a bottle and hope to have it in June. I like that it has OW + DHEAS. I'm thinking of pairing Levitation with Cougar.

For FP I lotion up real good before I put it on any skin. This one is good for clothes and hair so it doesn't burn off as fast. Also even if you can't smell it, others might. This is one that when I can't smell it anymore and think it has faded, I have been asked by others what smells so good or they get close and inhale....women and men alike.

Good to know, thank you Irish Eyes. When I applied FP, within the hour I could no longer smell the deliciousness. Next time I will also put some on clothes and hair as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Great review Olderbutwiser, thank you for the post! I smiled when you described the smiling guys at the post office lol. Amazing how the potions effect us in different ways! I hope you're able to test Flying Potion a few more times with increasingly better results. I haven't worn it again since my review but can't wait for the occasion to spritz away. You make an excellent point about FP being a great party mix!!! Fo' sho'!

Your animals are very perceptive and susceptible to the pheros by the sounds of it. Being they know your favorites, you know what to wear (Gotcha lol) when you want to give them a treat. My cat was a bit quizzical when I tried my first phero. After that, not much reaction from her really on any new potions...she could care less lol. She's that kind of girl.

My dogs never seemed to pay any attention to my dept store perfumes, but with LPMP's they are constantly sniffing my wrists and neck-even when they don't contain pheros!!

I got Flying Potion from the trade boards last week-it was 1/3 full, which I thought was a great way to try it...if I didn't like it-no harm done! Well, let me say that it has turned into one of my all time favorite perfumes from LPMP! In fact, I have used it almost every day since I got it..and already ordered a full bottle because I don't want to run out!!

I am not great with notes, but when I first put it on the marshmallow and spices are most prominent. The grapefruit is there...but not loud. Everything just blends together perfectly!! After the drydown I smell sweetness, a little spiciness all mixed in with fluffiness!! It is to die for! Levitation is perfect for this perfume. I feel so uplifted, motivated...it has been wonderful for a little pick me up when I need to get things done!!

Looking at the notes, one could assume that this is a fall or Halloween type scent, but I feel it works great in the summer too!! It is light enough to carry off in spring or summer. Everyone around me at the grocery store was leaning towards me and taking a big whiff without trying to be obvious. I will definitely make sure I have a backup bottle of Flying Potion...it's going to be a staple in my arsenal!! ;)

• 2 months later...
Guest Diannadana

Love this! Makes me feel happy and calm. Hubs said "is that one of your new perfumes? I love that on you!" Proceeded to touch my hands and back and smooch whenever he went past! So long lasting, can still smell traces of marshmallow!

YAY! Glad it's a hit for BOTH of you :D That's always nice :heart: This is such a yummy blend it's too easy to fog and become a walking cloud of marshmallow delight!

On my very first order I got 2 of the samples, one was for my daughter. I got huge selfies but she did not get any so I said use 2-3 sprays. She thinks I am crazy, but just last night she was telling me that the men at work gave her all this stuff when she left her job to go to her Masters-she only knew them 2 months! Also her new professor and the administrative lady that everyone says is a b-tch, were cracking jokes with her and talking up a storm, also guys are following her and striking up conversations. I said, it is your FP, and she still doesn't believe me. She will call me soon for a FB!

WOW THIS SMELLS GREAT TOO!!

Edited by livin101