Nip of Autumn

Beccah

AD-NipOfAutumn_1.jpg

Nip of Autumn

Second only to the pumpkin, Autumn belongs to the shiny apple. This fragrance is an evocation of fall atmosphere as can be experienced on the East Coast of America when the leaves turn brilliant enough to shame the sun and the apples are crisp and flavorful…a fabulous mix of ripe red apples blended with a nip of slightly-tipsy honey ale and the scent of dried leaves crunching underfoot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck, happiness, immortality, foretelling spells.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
FERMENTED ALCOHOLS (ALE) ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.
DRIED LEAVES (OAK) ~ Endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity.

Scent: Natural autumnal - like crisp fall air, dried leaves and a hint of honey sweetened ripe apple.

Dried leaves... God I love that smell. And where I live autumn doesn't even really feel like autumn cause most of the trees are evergreen and it doesn't get that cold. So I guess that's enough of an excuse to buy this.

Edited by vladmyra

Really excited because theres apples in it along with dried leaves! The leaves where i live are always soggy and mushy cuz of the rain so itll be great to see what they smell like--- but im a little apprehensive cuz of the booze....i got a sample anyways.

Cant wait to see if this is good <3

I was excited for this one because apple is my favorite fall fruit, fragrance-wise. A pithy description would be that this is sort of a lighter, brighter version of Eve's Temptation. The apple is crisp and tart and it is framed by the oak leaves accord to give it that nice Autumnal mood of being in an orchard or just outdoors, but not as dense as with Eve's Temptation. The honey is not too sweet, it just comes out a bit on me. The ale accord is what goes a little strange on me, but it's not bad, I really like this one. It makes me recall an afternoon years ago, sitting outside on Quince's deck drinking hard cider - the dry English kind. So in that sense it wears the way it was meant to.

I was wondering if PMs intention was to have that note be a hard cider note. The notes here put me in mind of going to an orchard in the fall.

My problem is that any type of booze tends to really amp on my skin. It would be great if this one is different I'd love an outdoorsy, cider fall scent. I love the photo on the label of this one too. Can't wait for my trial set.

Edited by StacyK

A light, happy fall scent! The apple is tart, like a honeycrisp. I'm getting something very floral from this, perhaps the honey...? I'm really loving the dried leaf note! Very fall like, slightly earthy. The ale is very nice, so far. (I tend to amp alcohol notes to bacchanalian proportions) I will watch both it and the honey. This begs for a happy phero, Lace or DHEAS.

The ale note actually comes from the honey in this case, not the apple. I used a fermented honey that IMO is verrry subtle and not overtly boozy at all. It's just a seasonally appropriate nudge...a hint of fermentation to evoke the Autumnal experience.

The ale note actually comes from the honey in this case, not the apple. I used a fermented honey that IMO is verrry subtle and not overtly boozy at all. It's just a seasonally appropriate nudge...a hint of fermentation to evoke the Autumnal experience.

OMG... thanks Mara. I get it.

Think I will love this now.

:)

This is a nice crisp and tart apple. It smells really Autumn to me. The leaves combined with the apple make me feel as if I'm outside on a cool day visiting an orchard. I get a bit a floral too like BlueBear noted. The honey is behaving herself as well! This is such a pretty scent!

Oh I love this one! Crisp apple right off the bat and then that sort of mysterious floral type thing...beautiful!! Am I crazy to smell a touch of caramel? Must be the way my nose blends the fermented honey and apple. This one has got to be sampled! It smells nothing like I imagined it would. It is so cozy.

eta: I just realized that the "caramel" thing I was getting was most likely the dab of Cauldron Cake I had on earlier on the other arm mixing with Nip of A...

Edited by missdarlyncherie

Omg, this is seriously swoon worthy!! Fb in the near future!

The apples are crisp and delish and the ale note I was so afraid of is actually mellow and actually sets everything together. The honey lightly glazes the apples and it's all in perfect harmony

I'm in luuuuv

What a cool idea. I love the idea of the ale coming from the honey, wow this month is going to break me with all of these stellar scents.

I wore this all day yesterday and oh it just gets better and better throughout the day. One of those you forget about and then wonder what is smelling so good. I keep thinking that BB is right on with her suggestion of pairing this with Lace.

I sat outside yesterday afternoon drinking wine and enjoying this bright happy scent!!

I wore this to work Thursday night. It's such a relaxing happy scent, it might be one of my favorites from this month. I had been kind of afraid of the apple and whether I would smell like apple juice but it blends SO nicely with the leaves and honey. It kind of reminded me of Heartland - but Heartland during autumn.

Damn I should have gone FB here. I'm glad to hear the reviews are so good. I think it's going to be right up my alley.

Some Apples can do that to me as well.

That became the case with CAC. I'm crossing my finger here I really like the idea!

I can't decide if I like this one or not. At the beginning it's sooo sharp. It's as if someone made a spear of a Granny Smith apple, and poked me in the third eye with it. But the dry down is to freaking die for! It softens considerably, and smells of fresh sliced apples, and something a teensy bit candle-like. I can't stop huffing my arm, where I've applied it, so I suppose that means I like it, or that I'm intrigued by it. But I'm not sure it's a full bottle for me.

I LOVE this. It's an apple I can wear.. IMO the scent is mellow compared to some of the other LP Fall scents (like AHE).

It's a very happy Fall.. I get apple cider, crisp clean Autumn air and a warm sensual earthy feel.

Very pin up on a wagon, in an orchard, maybe toasting the season with a hard cider.

Yumm.

I wish I had gone FB here. I want one now. :purr:

Edited by StacyK

At first I was not a fan at all... it smelled like a citrus/tangy, floral laundry detergent. Very stabby and in-your-face. It does smell more autumnal now, I get the earthy feeling from the leaves and a hint of fruity tartness from the apple. I also get something similar to cinnamon but more dry and bitter. This will probably go in my oil burner as a nice fall scent for my apartment.

• 2 weeks later...

Wet this actually reminded me of a bubble bath I used to use as a kid, not necessarily a bad thing, just not what I expected. :lol: After a minute or two it starts to resemble the apple mead I was hoping for! That's exactly it: apple mead. I've tried raspberry mead, not apple, but if you put apple in place of the raspberry I'm assuming that's what it would smell like. The honey is golden and sweet, one of the gentler LP honeys (read: not smutty), and just blends so well with the apple--reminds me a little of marigold & amaranth. I like how the alcohol aspect keeps it from being too sweet, as does the leaf note in the background. Like drinking apple mead with autumn leaves swirling in the background. Everything in the October collection has been a win for me so far!

• 2 weeks later...

This is so spot on evocative of being in a NY countryside farm. The air, the leaves, the sweet'ish apple and soft hard cider scent. That honey/ale note is just amazing. :D

It's been tough but I think this is my Fav followed closely by Looking Glass & Flying Potion.

This brings up powerful images and scents of a specific place and time. Ultimately I'd love to get a 2nd FB. I wish it was Phero'd.

:purr:

MDC, I agree. This and Tara N Tula ended up being my most favorite of October. When I ordered November's NR, I picked up an extra bottle because I've already used it quite a bit. I didn't think I would necessarily like apple scents (smell like apple juice anyone?) but as is par for the course, Mara created such a luscious, grown up scent that still evokes such warm thoughts of your best days of autumn as a kid. I think it'll still be great come spring and summer too... if it lasts that long.

(smell like apple juice anyone?)

In my experience, I've never encountered an apple scent which had this impression, although there's been a couple which smelled like cider.

In my experience, I've never encountered an apple scent which had this impression, although there's been a couple which smelled like cider.

On me this has a bit of a hard cider note mixed with apple and other Autumnal scents. :heart:

I've never worn an apple scent really until Nip of Autumn. That had been my fear - that it would come across like the smell of juice. However, I am so glad I just went for it because my fear proved unfounded as usual here with LPs! I agree with Stacy, there is a bit of an edge to it such as a hard cider (which I ADORE) and mixed with everything else, it's so splendid. I loved this one enough I needed to get a back up in my last order.

You'd think by now I'd learn not to judge a perfume by it's individual notes!!

• 1 year later...

I got this from the sale. It almost smells floral out of the bottle, the apple and honey? Then on me, it smells very "atmospheric". I really get the dried leaves (oak) which I mistook for cedar and the "ale". Sniffing closer there is honey and apple. It's a very unique scent and not very sweet. Could a man wear this or would he smell like he's been drinking? It actually smells highly drinkable in the bottle, apple with a little bit of mustiness. I find that when I keep layering a scent on, notes become more pronounced then a first initial application. I've been wearing it for couple hours and just relayered getting more apple. But I also got an odd comment: I was in our office floor kitchenette while a co-worker was heating up something very garlicky in the microwave. He asked what smells and said it smelled like natural gas and seemed concerned there was a gas leak somewhere. :huh: I replied that I only smelled garlic. :winktongue: I think the ale note had him confused. Maybe my chemistry turned it that way? I definitely will try this again with the silicone. But I kind of like it for its uniqueness, but wonder if I only I like it. All day long I did have a lovely apple note mixing with the kind of strangish ale note. I also think I may try it with Aja or Sugared Honeycomb just to make it smell sweeter. :)It does smell like the beginning of Autumn when the air turns crisp.