Pumpkin Souffle

Beccah

AD-PumpkinSouffle_1.jpg

Pumpkin Souffle

A creamy Halloween dream of rich pumpkin blended with meringue, milk, cream and butter CO2 topped with dashes of butterscotch and butter rum…just like a airy soufflé right out of the oven (pumpkin lovers: gnawing off your own arm not recommended).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
MERINGUE ~ A representation of the world or the womb.Fertility
, nourishment, cycle of life, feminine energy.
BUTTER CO2, BUTTERCREAM, CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGAR ~
Attractslove
, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

Scent: Creeeeamy sweet pumpkin, lightly spiced.

This one sounds so good with the exception of the Butter. That just amps on my skin then smells sour. It's been a boon for me with a few scents I thought I'd love. I do love them just not on me.

Can't wait to try my trial, I'm always on the lookout for one that works.

I have been dying for this one and it does not disappoint. Super thick creamy luscious pumpkin with light spices. I have so many super spicy pumpkins that I was yearning for a lightly spiced one so that the pumpkin could shine through. This pumpkin smells cooked but still fleshy. The butter is pretty prominent but I have only had it on for a few minutes. I have a feeling it will calm down. I hope. It's a really interesting version of butter though. Very true to life and clear. Totally nommy.

I think my eyes just rolled 360 degrees in my head. Sweet heavens, this is magnificent! This is so thick, rich and buttery, I think my butt just got bigger from smelling it. Just a hint of spice and just enough sugar. The butter note is wonderful. It's a little in your face at first, very prominent, but it backs down into a nice glaze over everything else. Yeah, it's reminiscent of I Scream for Halloween but not as creamy. This is sexy in the same way that Scotchies is sexy, sorta of earth mother feminine. Love this!!!

This is incredibly yummy, although the butter goes a bit crazy on me in the drydown. If it was sweeter then I think that wouldn't be an issue, but the pumpkin/spice sort of steps on the sweeter notes for me. But it's so gorgeously creamy, ahhhh!

My goodness, this is good. Very buttery pumpkin- almost goes buttered popcorn on me. After it settles down a bit, it becomes this amazing creamy pumpkin with light spices. It's crazy how edible this smells. Don't worry - I won't eat it lol!

This is so different in vial vs on. In vial it was thin, faint, slight spices. On, it's a thick rich buttery spicefest. I'm mad for the butter which is the most prominent wet and during this drydown. Interestingly the spice is getting big too. Reminds me a lot of G&Lv2.

In the vial it screamed pumpkin spice ice cream (which i currently own and getting ready to eat haha)

First on, the spice was there but they immediately settled in the background...This morphs really fast on me i cant keep up heh

The spices are back there, the buttery creamy and meringue are dancing around each other...I think of someone baking and the rich buttery spicey dough is wafting around in its deliciousness while im inhaling a Pumpkin spice vanilla chai before taking a sip. This is seriously a bakery scent and definitely foody, it makes me crave pumpkin bread :D

I'm desperately waiting for this one to treat me kind... so far, no joy. Not much pumpkin, and the dreaded plasticky note instead of butter. I'll let it rest a bit more.

Katz, do you know what note causes the plasticky on you? I think I've narrowed mine down to vanilla, but wondered if it's an individual thing.

YES. This was everything I expected from a good foody pumpkin scent. It's warm, buttery pumpkin whipped into a fluffy, cakey dessert. I'm also glad that my skin doesn't amp the spices to eleven. They're definitely there, giving it warmth and rounding it out, but none take over. I think it's the fluffy quality of it that reminds me of what the whole house smells like when pumpkin bread or a pumpkin pie is baking, like clouds of that sumptuous scent in the air.

I'm desperately waiting for this one to treat me kind... so far, no joy. Not much pumpkin, and the dreaded plasticky note instead of butter. I'll let it rest a bit more.

There's a lot going plasticky on me lately. Or weird chemical undertones. That's why I haven't been posting reviews, because I didn't want to be the party pooper. :(

Katz, do you know what note causes the plasticky on you? I think I've narrowed mine down to vanilla, but wondered if it's an individual thing.

Unsure. This one is still not behaving for me though. I'm going to put my untouched FB up for swap.

This starts slightly plasticky on me at first, but not really in an unpleasant way so. Makes me think of all dolls I used to play with as a child. Plastic disappears after a while and the pumpkin becomes richer and creamier, with some butter and just tiny bit of spices warming it up. But it actually never gets to be real foodie on me as it lacks any sweetness and is slightly soapy. I really like those later stages of how this scent is developing though as it is unlike anything else I have in my collection.

YES. This was everything I expected from a good foody pumpkin scent. It's warm, buttery pumpkin whipped into a fluffy, cakey dessert. I'm also glad that my skin doesn't amp the spices to eleven. They're definitely there, giving it warmth and rounding it out, but none take over. I think it's the fluffy quality of it that reminds me of what the whole house smells like when pumpkin bread or a pumpkin pie is baking, like clouds of that sumptuous scent in the air.

Girl, you nailed it here!!! I was thinking the exact same thing! It is delicious! Cauldron Cake is not my style of perfume but this one is the perfect blend of delicious and wearable. I got an almost alcoholic undertone when I first applied this, it went away with drydown luckily. I liked it so much that I put a couple drops in my oil burner and now my apartment smells like sweet, buttery pumpkin. I am getting hungry and must find a pumpkin dessert I can make that will fulfill my craving for this now lol!

You guys this makes my skin turn beet red!!

I didn't make the connection at first, I thought I was red from running in the cold weather then jumping into a hot shower, but when I applied this again the other day my skin turned red in every place I put it! Not just my neck but shoulders, collarbone and stomach. It didn't hurt or anything. Cant figure out why- I've got tons of cinnamon scents and they don't do this. I like the scent though. This smells more pumpkiny on my than Cauldron Cake.

Mine lasts until I wash them off. It's pretty extreme. I get bright red and puffy. I have figured out that certain areas are less sensitive so I wear them on my wrist area closest to my hands. And in my hair. Anywhere closer to mid forearm to elbow crook is super sensitive. I can't wear them on my neck or chest at all.

I get that burny skin thing too from some stuff. Oddly, Caught in the Act does that to me..must be the nutmeg?

Anyways, got this in a trade with the lovely Chi Town, who I wanna thank soooooo much!! Her package was like a "care package", it totally helped to lift me from my gloom, and here I am,writing reviews again!

This stuff is the whip!! It reminds me of these cookies that my grandma used to bake called "cry babys". They were my FAVORITE growing up. Its such a WARM and HOMEY scent..instant comfort in a bottle!! Its buttery, creamy and spicy goodness and for me it quite genuinely mimics the whole "grammas kitchen" scent. It takes me back and I love it when a scent can do that. :)

Delicious,cozy falltime perfection! Yum! Thanks Mara & company!!

Not big on pumpkin scents so the spice was a tad strong but love the butter note. It reminds me of hot buttered rum an uncle used to make during winter holiday parties, a butterscotch rum drink with a cinnamon stick stirrer. If this lp had a shot of rum to temper the spice and blend with the butter I might take to that. This is the first lp I noticed a plastic note I've heard people talk about. I'm not as sensitive to the plastic as I am of soap dry downs on other lp's so it had lil negative effect.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I took a chance yesterday and wore this.

It was a chance because butter accords do not go well on me. But, I feel my Halloween scents did not get much love this year, so I went for it.

On application all I smell is butter.. my skin wants to amp it like crazy.. but something unusual (for me) begins to take place, the other notes start to softly come through and the butter, while prominent, seems to stop spiking, stoping just before getting unpleasant.

As the other notes slowly come through, I can smell the creamy, soft pumpkin and the spices hint at tickling my nose but do not amp. ( I usually amp spices very high!)

So, woo Hoo ! I could actually wear this. I felt like a softly delish pumpkin treat. All creamy with just a pinch of spice...

.. I also added a bit if AJA. To me, AJA provides a honey'ish note with a strong undercurrent of sexuality. A good combo. :)

Edited by StacyK