Tara n' Tula

Beccah

AD-TaranTula_1.jpg

FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
BLACK CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
MAHOGANY ~ Fertility, growth, grounding, clarifying, bonds of love.
TOBACCO RESIN ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.

Scent: Sticky sweet maple and fig, brightened with black currant and deepened with woody resins.

I love this and I will be getting a full bottle of this because it smells like driving in the car with my aunt when i was a little girl, her perfume and the smell of her car. The end. But for the folks who don't know what that smells like (:lol:) I will attempt to describe it. Despite the richness of a lot of the notes in this, it's actually a light fragrance on my skin. They blend together very well. It's actually hard to decipher one from the other. The fruits and maple contribute to the sweetness in the scent. Those with the wood are probably what's reminding me of the perfume. (Fendi, I think). The tobacco resin doesn't exactly smell like a pipe or anything, just a hint of it. And for some reason, I am getting a whiff of leather, but that might be the scent memory talking.

I'm not the best judge of this sort of thing because I prefer a green fig to a ripe fig in fragrance. However, I think the interplay between the dark sweet sticky fig and the tart red currant is a really interesting result, the two aspects are balanced really well. The other notes, to me, go a-ways towards making it perfume-y and construction-wise this is also an interesting take on Attacked in the Stacks/GOAL! with just a couple sweeter notes to take it in a feminine direction. Those additions make it much more sophisticated, I think. It dries down on me to a dark sweet fig with a fascinating framing.

...construction-wise this is also an interesting take on Attacked in the Stacks/GOAL! with just a couple sweeter notes to take it in a feminine direction.

Well THAT got my attention! I LOVED those two perfumes. I got BF a full bottle of Attacked in the Stacks, and he dropped it on a tile floor at the hostel we stayed at in Montreal in January. I was so heart-broken! Of course, I replaced it with Goal!, but an Attacked in the Stacks for me??? Okay! :)

Yeah I'm a fan too (I have a bottle of each); it's not really like the two are alike so much, but they do share ingredients, so I found it interesting that you could take one thing and make it into another with just a couple additions.

I think that's pretty cool too. Just skewing the ingredients slightly is enough to change the scent entirely. Very, very neat stuff.

I was actually partial to Robert's Attacked in the Stacks. There was something slightly dusty about it in the dry-down that I found absolutely drool-worthy. I really could have cried when the bottle shattered. Such a sad moment... Of course, like a true LP addict, BF was squatting down beside the shard-ridden puddle, smearing the scent all over himself! :lol:

ahmehgad

awe meh gaads

This came out like those super super juicy and expensive perfumes!!(DKNY anyone?)

I think thats the fig blooming(its the fig right?!) It smells "purple" to me. I really get that "full on tart and delicious berry blast!" vibe with this even tho i dont think theres any berries in it, im not very familiar with the notes in this one.

Its a bit perfumey like theres a strange cloud of alcohol around it--which, tbh, is actually a good thing because its a reminder that this is a perfume and not something i should consume which im really tempted to do, lol! all mouth wateringly delicious hands down!

I wasnt expecting to love this at all, i was judging the label and went "meh" to it when i was going through my samples. So happy i gave it a chance--theres so many beautiful scents this month my head is spinning!

Still "purple" to me and my mouth is constantly watering every time i bring my wrist up for some serious huffing, very addictive! i feel this would couple well with a slinky phero <3

When I first applied this, I could not pinpoint any note in it. It smelled very old-fashioned and antique-like, dark, mysterious, a tad masculine, and a little sexy. I now get a little bit of a nutty feel to it (maybe the depth of the fig) and it's very deep/dark. I almost get a dried floral feel to it also. I can't figure it out but I love it.

Edited by PhoenixOnFyre

Absolutely wonderful fig scent! It starts off with that hint of characteristic greeness fig notes can have but that quickly fades to reveal luscious purple figs with tangy blackcurrant. As it dries down further I get the soft woods and slight, sweet smokiness of the tobacco resin (I could probably recognize tobacco resin anywhere) which does not in any way smell like a cigar. Throughout, the fig and currant remain the stars, and the woods and tobacco serve to deepen them and give them a mysterious, sexy vibe.