Lina's Pumpkin Cake Batter

hearts

Omg this is decadent, delicious and YUMMY smelling. The name of this scent says it all. It smells like pumpkin cake batter. Since putting it on, it has morphed a bit. It starts off extremely creamy and cakey. Like a big bowl of cake batter. The pumpkin never showed up until after it dried. It's a fleshy, buttery pumpkin- it's lightly spiced. Which is good, because I usually amp spice like crazy!

This isn't a craft store pumpkin. It reminds me of having a plate of warm pumpkin pie in front of me- covered in whipped cream. Or maybe vanilla cake batter with pumpkin pie filling whipped into it.

I'm going to slather this for the rest of October!!

Thanks Mara! It's perfect!!

Yay, thank you, Hearts! :) So happy you are enjoying it!

The Mulberry is in there, but just enough to give it a pink sugared vibe in the batter, as Hearts said in her original request. It's not meant to overpower, just to "tint".

• 2 weeks later...

This is like taking vanilla cake batter and pumpkin cake batter, then mixing them into an epic olfactory orgasm. I get the buttery, creamy quality of the vanilla, the warm baked pumpkin, and just a hint of mulberry. Like Mara says the mulberry isn't overpowering--it really does give it a subtle accent like the faintest blush of red on autumn leaves.

This PE sounds so perfect! I ALMOST ordered it, but for some reason then thought this would be more cakey pumpkin, not creamy/buttery one. Can't imagine why I thought that.

I hope last bottles of this PE won't get sold out by the time I'll be ready to place my November order.

Can't wait! I have a bottle on the way to me which should arrive Friday, (pleasepleaseplease etc...).

I can't remember what the notes are. Mulberry I got. Pumpkin, check. What else? I looked in the October PE thread, but all Mara said about it was that it smells how it sounds like it smells. :lol:

Well, I can see now why all Mara had to say about this in terms of description was, "it smells like it sounds like it smells", because it really does! :lol: It smells *exactly* like pumpkin cake batter - all creamy and delicious. I'm only disappointed there's no bowl to lick!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Digging this out again for fall. It's so delicious, and I'm so glad to have a back-up bottle! (Thank you Hearts!). Does anyone know if this is too light to cover cops/Bang!? It feels so light overall, but the creaminess makes me think that maybe it'd cover?

• 11 months later...
On 9/8/2017 at 6:41 AM, Eggers said:

Digging this out again for fall. It's so delicious, and I'm so glad to have a back-up bottle! (Thank you Hearts!). Does anyone know if this is too light to cover cops/Bang!? It feels so light overall, but the creaminess makes me think that maybe it'd cover?

I am also curious if this would cover cops. I received it as a gift from Kayla today, and I instantly fell in love. Here's the funny thing, though, I'm so accustomed to Mara covering the cops smell, that I think I've begun to mix the smell of naked lady parts with vanilla and cake! Seriously.

This is what happened- I put the PCB on in the car, decided it smelled amazing, and had my man smell it, too. It hadn't even dried down so the pumpkin hadn't yet fully bloomed. Here's the funny thing, now that @Potion Master has crossed some olfactory wires in my brain, I huffed it again and asked my man, "but do you think it smells too much like vagina?" His eyes widened, he looked at me like I had finally lost my mind for good, and said "Clearly you've never smelled a vagina." He went on to patiently explain that some smell a little "sweet and sour," some are ones that "other guys" say smell like "chili cheese Frito's," added that mine "hardly had any smell at all, just a little sweet," but emphasized that exactly no vagina ever smelled like vanilla cake batter or pumpkin pie or Buttercream frosting. (I really do know what they smell like, and I take fenugreek capsules intentionally for that "just a little sweet" effect.) I then asked how much pumpkin and vanilla he thought I would need to eat to smell like that and he doesn't believe it works that way. (Oh, FYI ladies, if you eat fennel and citrus, especially pineapple, and take fenugreek, you can balance your hormones, kill smelly vaginal bacteria, and taste and smell like maple syrup!) 

Anywho, I loooove the Pumpkin Cake Batter! And it smells nothing like chili cheese corn chips!!! 

Edited by Eastwood22
Because cake

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:24 AM, Eastwood22 said:

I am also curious if this would cover cops. I received it as a gift from Kayla today, and I instantly fell in love. Here's the funny thing, though, I'm so accustomed to Mara covering the cops smell, that I think I've begun to mix the smell of naked lady parts with vanilla and cake! Seriously.

This is what happened- I put the PCB on in the car, decided it smelled amazing, and had my man smell it, too. It hadn't even dried down so the pumpkin hadn't yet fully bloomed. Here's the funny thing, now that @Potion Master has crossed some olfactory wires in my brain, I huffed it again and asked my man, "but do you think it smells too much like vagina?" His eyes widened, he looked at me like I had finally lost my mind for good, and said "Clearly you've never smelled a vagina." He went on to patiently explain that some smell a little "sweet and sour," some are ones that "other guys" say smell like "chili cheese Frito's," added that mine "hardly had any smell at all, just a little sweet," but emphasized that exactly no vagina ever smelled like vanilla cake batter or pumpkin pie or Buttercream frosting. (I really do know what they smell like, and I take fenugreek capsules intentionally for that "just a little sweet" effect.) I then asked how much pumpkin and vanilla he thought I would need to eat to smell like that and he doesn't believe it works that way. (Oh, FYI ladies, if you eat fennel and citrus, especially pineapple, and take fenugreek, you can balance your hormones, kill smelly vaginal bacteria, and taste and smell like maple syrup!) 

Anywho, I loooove the Pumpkin Cake Batter! And it smells nothing like chili cheese corn chips!!! 

:lol: 

I still haven't tried this with cops or Bang, but I might get brave and do it. I've got two bottles here that are just asking for it. 

Hmm... I hate fennel-as-food, but I drink fennel tea every day like it's going out of style, eat tons of citrus every day, and cram pineapple in my smoothies. I guess I'm well on my way to having a maple-syrup-smellin' snatch?! LOL! I'd believe it. If asparagus can make a man's pee smell like he just ate a thousand pounds of the stuff, I'd believe this. 

So weird that you mention fenugreek. I've been reading a ton of seed catalogues lately, and keep coming across fenugreek, and just before I read this post I had looked it up, to see what the big deal is! The only thing that's put me off the idea of fenugreek capsules so far is that I keep reading that it can increase your appetite. But given that I'm having more trouble lately keeping weight on than getting it off that a gentle appetite stimulant might be a good thing for me to take. 

I'm chomping at the bit for the cooler weather to start up, so I can drag out all of my pumpkin and other autumn scents. This one in particular is one of my favorites, and I would not at all be opposed to a rebrew. It's just so yummy! :)

6 hours ago, Eggers said:

So weird that you mention fenugreek. I've been reading a ton of seed catalogues lately, and keep coming across fenugreek, and just before I read this post I had looked it up, to see what the big deal is! The only thing that's put me off the idea of fenugreek capsules so far is that I keep reading that it can increase your appetite. But given that I'm having more trouble lately keeping weight on than getting it off that a gentle appetite stimulant might be a good thing for me to take. 

Do it. Funugreek is #1 supplement for making your JJ smell and taste like maple syrup. The only thing that could surpass it would be to actually put maple syrup inside yourself, and I'm guessing that's not advisable for all kinds of reasons. Then again, you're in Canada, maybe it would be considered an act of patriotism?

I can't wait to see how yummy this pumpkin will be when I mix it with Wicked! The temperature changes here are so mild and vaguely uninteresting, I'm only waiting by choice. I could put poinsettas into my hair and it would only seem odd as I don't put flowers in my hair on the regular.

On 8/23/2018 at 8:15 AM, halo0073 said:

An act of patriotism! Dead. ?

Lol

17 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Oh no! I killed @halo0073!

When I used to go to Canada (working)  maple syrup was my personal  shopping requirement when going through duty free!  Sure, there is Canadian whiskey, but for me, it was all about the syrup! ☺️

This is  a review thread, and I don't want to be the one to steer it more off course, however.  I guess I don't want to not do that bad enough, because I'm going to do it anyway! 

About the fenugreek.... What a surprise to read about it here, when I'd just decided to try using it for the past week or so.   I had to go off of the climara pro trans-dermal patch, and I was hoping this would help keep my hormones more balanced (?)  I don't know if it is or isn't doing this, but, by evening my underarms smell like maple syrup!  And that is really kinda weird (but nice)  I use all natural deodorant without antiperspirant.  The one I use is by an Etsy shop, and I have lots of scents (you can pick your own) Of late I've been alternating between dark chocolate and a honey scented one.  By the end of the day the fragrance of the product is gone, and maple takes its place.  I'm not crazy about maple in my perfumes, but the maple from the fenugreek smells really good.    The jury is out as far as if it is doing anything beneficial for the reason I started it though.  (PS,  Eggers, I haven't noticed it affecting my appetite one way or the other)

(For the record, Lina's Pumpkin Batter Cake sounds like a scent I would adore!)

3 hours ago, Eve said:

I don't know if it is or isn't doing this, but, by evening my underarms smell like maple syrup!

Oh it's definitely the fenugreek! I hesitate to use words "maple scent" as not everyone can wear maple, but it turns YOU into the maple syrup! Hasn't changed my appetite in any way that I've noticed. I don't take it for hormonal reasons, although I know it's beneficial, but I'm using it for the attraction/smell/taste factor, honestly. I am SUCH a good girlfriend.  

And yes, you'd love the pumpkin batter!

You ARE a good girlfriend. At this moment I’m wondering what I could eat, chug, guzzle through a funnel that would make me smell the absolute worst to my BF. LMAO. It would punish me more though because I have a good nose and he thinks baby powder florals smell like farts. Maybe I’ll just set a bear trap in the garage. 

6 hours ago, halo0073 said:

You ARE a good girlfriend. At this moment I’m wondering what I could eat, chug, guzzle through a funnel that would make me smell the absolute worst to my BF. LMAO. It would punish me more though because I have a good nose and he thinks baby powder florals smell like farts. Maybe I’ll just set a bear trap in the garage. 

Yes, @halo0073, I've always wanted a bear trap! But my bear trap fantasies revolve around the fools who keep breaking into my car at night and rummaging around. I will resist, though, because I'm fairly certain it's one of those ideas that turn out differently than our hoped-for outcomes.

And you so could not pull off smelling bad! You'd be dying and he'd hardly even notice.

• 5 months later...

I wore this the other day, and I had a slight moment of "application remorse," thinking that I wanted to smell more mysterious that day than a bowl of pumpkin cake batter. Well, turns out I was wrong, this really is not just a simple cake scent, it's got some real depth and personality, and dare I say, mystery? It has many more chewy layers than I expect, somehow it surprises me every time.

I pretty much went off the rails when I first reviewed this, so I will stop here, but this is the kind of pumpkin cake that will keep bringing them back for more and more.