Inna's Gadda Da Vita

Fleur

AD-PE-InnaGDV.jpg

BLACK TEA
SMOKE
VANILLA
BURNT BROWN SUGAR

I have a flu at the moment, so my scent review can be quite inaccurate, but I just could not wait any longer. Based on what I can smell, this PE is awesome! Master version starts as tea dominant, deep and sexy night time scent that does not feel heavy. Burnt sugar adds it warmth, and vanilla starts to emerge when it dries. The scent overall is very femme, but in a dark way. I can't detect smoke as a separate note, probably because of the flu, but I do feel that this is more than just a tea.

Lemon version is interesting too. When wet the lemon in it is quite sharp and piercing, but as it dries it settles to a nice bergamot tea scent. Master version is what I initially wanted, and I'd still prefer that if I had to choose, but the lemon one is very good too.

The reason I went with this PE idea is that in every tea based LP scent I tried the tea note was just too sheer and soft for my taste. I like my black tea really strong and unsweetened, and that's what I wanted in my PE. That kind of note is quite demanding though, and I felt that it will work best in a deep scent that is on the darker side. Mara made it exactly that and I am VERY happy with my first PE. This might not be a scent for everyone, but it is awesome and exactly what I wanted.

I will update this thread when my smell sense is fully back.

Oh, Fleur, this sounds AMAZING! So glad that you had a homerun for your first PE! I'm with DD on this one--if supplies last, I really hope I can snag a bottle. I'm especially intrigued by your comments about the tea note, and liking it so strong. Can't wait for the full review when your nose is recovered!

Thanks DD and BlackCat! I will write a more accurate review when my nose is recovered. My PE does not seem to be too popular, so unless I decide to buy the remaining bottles myself, I think you have a good chance to get some later :)

Thanks DD and BlackCat! I will write a more accurate review when my nose is recovered. My PE does not seem to be too popular, so unless I decide to buy the remaining bottles myself, I think you have a good chance to get some later :)

Well, if Catwoman were an LP customer, I guarantee you she would want a bottle or two! And while I will totally support your decision to snag more for yourself, PRETTY PLEASE leave a bottle or two for us! :Emoticons04235:

Cant wait to review this one! Everything about this PE is tickling my fancy and im impatiently waiting for my order to ship out and come to me :U

I'm really looking forward to read your and Invi's reviews of this PE!

I also noticed that it is quite long lasting on me. It's been 8 hours since I applied it on my arm, and it is still there, only much softer and more vanilla-y.

I'm really looking forward to read your and Invi's reviews of this PE!

I also noticed that it is quite long lasting on me. It's been 8 hours since I applied it on my arm, and it is still there, only much softer and more vanilla-y.

Believe me, as soon as I get this I'm a-reviewin' I amp sugar and vanilla notes, and burnt sugar is one of my favorite things in the world so I positively can't wait. I'm getting even more excited reading your observation of the bitter tea being juxtaposed with the sweet elements. I love combos like that.

Invi, I'm sure you'll love it! Vanilla and sugar in this are just perfect! :)

I think my skin eats the smoke completely. I'm not sure if my nose is fully recovered yet, but it is better than last week. The black tea note in master version is to die for, so deep and gorgeous, but I barely detect any smoke. And then vanilla and sugar start to come out, just as Mara described. This is definitely a shifter, it slowly changes to almost a complete opposite of the initial scent. And every phase during that change is just beautiful. i envisioned my PE slightly sharper with the smoke note, but I do love the way it turned out on me.

Vanilla note in this is one of those that last on my skin to the next day. I've noticed that with vanilla in Lady Frost and couple other scents that I can't remember right now. After other notes are gone, that vanilla just stays on my skin forever.

I'll definitely snag couple more bottles with my November order. I do want to have them all, but my bank account disagrees. That means that there will be some left for you BlackCat and DD! :D

I think my skin eats the smoke completely. I'm not sure if my nose is fully recovered yet, but it is better than last week. The black tea note in master version is to die for, so deep and gorgeous, but I barely detect any smoke. And then vanilla and sugar start to come out, just as Mara described. This is definitely a shifter, it slowly changes to almost a complete opposite of the initial scent. And every phase during that change is just beautiful. i envisioned my PE slightly sharper with the smoke note, but I do love the way it turned out on me.

Vanilla note in this is one of those that last on my skin to the next day. I've noticed that with vanilla in Lady Frost and couple other scents that I can't remember right now. After other notes are gone, that vanilla just stays on my skin forever.

I'll definitely snag couple more bottles with my November order. I do want to have them all, but my bank account disagrees. That means that there will be some left for you BlackCat and DD! :D

Is the smoke note your talking about the Burnt Sugar Note in this? Dang this sounds so good

Is the smoke note your talking about the Burnt Sugar Note in this? Dang this sounds so good

There are both Smoke and Burnt Brown Sugar notes in this PE. I do smell the burnt sugar, it is similar to regular brown sugar but just slightly darker and less sweet. And it is very pretty combined with vanilla and tea notes. But I don't really detect the smoke except when it is wet. As soon as the oil dries on skin, the smoke is gone. Must be my wonky skin chemistry doing that.

Edited by Fleur

Oh yay for leaving a couple of bottles for us to snatch up! :challoween: Plus, your updated review has me drooling. I don't know the etiquette for reserving PEs--I sort of get the sense you need to be ready to ask for an invoice pretty soon rather than having things held for weeks? I still don't have my October sampler yet (note to self: never again pair monthly sampler order with PE order!) and I need that in hand before I can organize the next buying spree. But this will definitely be on it if still available!

Inogaddadavida indeed. This is heavenly. It's like my favorite vanilla tea on steroids. I definitely do amp the smoky vanilla and burnt sugar just as I predicted, and I wouldn't have It any other way. I love how the black tea note coming up from underneath makes it bittersweet, but not especially bitter or herbal. It gives it a mysterious depth. I actually do detect the smoke on the final drydown. It's very subtle, like a shadow sneaking up behind you, but it's definitely there and makes the whole thing that much sexier.

I just got this heh

I have to say that this one is Awesome! These PEs are beyond beautiful! I had my moms smell them and it was so popular that I had to hide it before they got carried away applying it :lol:

A quick waft under the nose in bottle its very bitter and BAM there's the burnt sugar right under it. Once on im kinda amped the sugar and vanilla a Tad much after first applying but shortly after its a lovely deep and dark sweet black tea.

after drydown I swore there's heaven right on my wrist cuz the black tea has some intense throw and its the strongest note, the smokiness is finally in the picture and it keeps the sweets in check.

This is going to age very very well :)

Yay! I'm so glad you girls like it!

I think my skin makes both tea and smoke notes much softer. Figured it out since on me this smells nothing like what it is in the bottle (and when wet on skin). Master version is aging nicely though, I'm starting getting smoke on background and burnt sugar got even better than it was before. I wore it yesterday to work and it was gorgeous, very yummy sweet&smoky vanilla tea scent filling my office (and I did not even apply too much).

• 3 weeks later...

I got a sniffy of the lemon variant, and it smells divine. It dries down to a really delicious black tea with a quiet lemon bite.

I think I'd like the master version better too.. Do you mind telling me how smoky versus how sweet it is?

I got a sniffy of the lemon variant, and it smells divine. It dries down to a really delicious black tea with a quiet lemon bite.

I think I'd like the master version better too.. Do you mind telling me how smoky versus how sweet it is?

My skin eats half of the smoke in most LP scents with that note, so I can't say for sure. I think master version is very similar to lemon one smoke-wise. Its tea note is different though. If I remember it correctly, tea note in lemon version dried down sweeter than the one in master and with a slight herbal undertone. Tea in master is deeper and less reminiscent of an actual tea drink, if it makes any sense. And it definitely does have that mysterious feel that Invi described.

I can compare them again when I get home, my scent memory is not the best out there.

Edited by Fleur

I just reserved a bottle of the master version... I'm so excited

You and me both!!

Moriko, I also received the lemon version sniffie and was curious as to what Fleur thought about the two in comparison, thanks for asking!

And Fleur--so excited to try your creation. I asked for my invoice on the 11th, really crossing my fingers I'll get my shipping notice today!

DD and BlackCat, I hope you like it :)

I tested both master and lemon to compare them, and the difference is pretty much what I remembered. Lemon version dries down a bit sweeter and with herbal undertone. In master tea is black and pure, deep with a bit of bitterness.

So I've had a chance to try this a couple of times now, and OH MY! It's extremely evocative. Tea is not a note I'm familiar with except for in the Focus and Acuity Potion from the 2013 Spell Oils collection, and I immediately get that this is much stronger. The notes blend so perfectly, though, that I'm having a hard time picking out the individual scents of tea, vanilla, smoke and sugar. This is rich and textured, like vintage silk... or a gorgeously weathered black leather coat. It makes me think of night clubs and theater and after hours and intrigue. It's elegant and sinuous and sleek and slinky. I'm curious to see how it wears when paired with different phero blends.

Absolutely wonderful, Fleur! I can't wait to see what you make next!

• 1 month later...

I'd like to thank Mara once again for this beautiful PE. It is absolutely perfect, especially now after it has matured a bit. Good as a day scent for me, but the night is when it truly shines.

Thank you Blackcat! I love how you compare it to the texture of vintage silk or weathered leather coat. I do definitely get this dark elegance feel too when wearing this scent. And it makes me feel powerful, which is extremely helpful when working in a heavily male dominated job field.

As for the phero combinations, I have bottles of IGDV enhanced with Dom, Cougar and SS4W and I love each one of them. For daytime it's mostly Cougar for me, since that one always makes men at work fall over themselves trying to please me. And for night activities it's SS4W or Dom, depends a little on what I'm after. And ofc there is the unpheroed bottle that I always keep in my handbag for reapplying whenever I feel the urge to smell more of this scent on me.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so glad I took the plunge and nabbed one of these off artfire. It's splendid. It's close wearing. THE SMOKE IS DEAD SEXY, I mean rev the engines sexy. Something periodically comes off as a soft floral, maybe the vanilla? It is straightforward, not foody, not frosting or cakey. I think this may be what conveys the fabric feel to others. I don't get much brown sugar but I bet it comes out in drydown and/or as my bottle settles down from its travels.

• 1 month later...

I slathered this today and got huge huge violets, unmistakable violets, fresh intense violet tea with six lumps of sugar. Many hours in its still straight up unabashed violet. Bizarre! I wonder if I'm just associating this smoke and vanilla with PS violet smoke.

• 2 weeks later...

I slathered this today and got huge huge violets, unmistakable violets, fresh intense violet tea with six lumps of sugar. Many hours in its still straight up unabashed violet. Bizarre! I wonder if I'm just associating this smoke and vanilla with PS violet smoke.

That's interesting! I never got any violets out of this but I can see how this specific tea note can be perceived somewhat flowery. In other tea-based LP's I've smelled tea note was more "herbal" or even medicinal (this is not a bad thing, I just don't know how to describe it better). The one Mara used in this PE has very pure and well rounded feel, even though it is dark and even slightly bitter.

• 2 years later...

So, I bought one of the very last remaining bottles of this off of Etsy with my last order. It's the lemon variant. I wanted to wear Spirit Bottle for intent today and I thought this would go well with it for my scent of the day. First time trying it.

I put it on and the lemon was BRIGHT. So bright that I said out loud, and only to myself, that I should wash this off. But I stopped myself because I'm learning. (YAY ME) Within minutes, the lemon mellowed and and blended in and this turned into this gorgeous smokey vanilla tea. HOLY BALLS I LOVE THIS. I was working all day today but all I really wanted to do was smell my wrists and casually lounge around just the beautiful lady on the bottle. Everything in this is something I love in scents. Tea, which I've recently figured out I love. Vanilla, and this one is not a goody vanilla. Smoke=Love. Burnt sugar is one of my favorite things and in a scent is heaven to me. (Learned this from LP Summer 2016) And then there is the lemon. Citrus can amp or go weird on me but I can handle some lemons. This one blends in to this so well. I can't detect it other than this hint of brightness in the background.

So happy I bought this one!

Edited by tink333

• 3 months later...

I was digging around my lps and rediscovered this jewel! (I have the first batch that doesnt have the lemon)

I felt pretty jaded and forgot how beautifully this wore on?

This really did age so so well, it actually made it into my rotation!

It has this dark syrupy/perfumey note that im almost certain is the tea and sugar, it opens cloyingly but it quickly fades to a sensual cottoncandy(??) air with a base of heavy vanilla smoke.

Its something about this that just screams sophistication to me, i love pairing this with lfn and sometimes leather. ?

Edited by Anonymous2F