Does Application Method Impact Phero Diffusion?

I remember reading at some point that if you rub a fragrance i.e. apply a fragrance to your wrist and then rub them together, that you can "break" the fragrance. Or something to that effect - that the notes of the fragrance will not diffuse as intended.

So I was just wondering does the same apply to pheros? If I apply a phero product to my wrist and rub them together or rub my wrist on my neck would that reduce its effectiveness or cause it not to diffuse properly?

Well, I have never heard of breaking a fragrance......some of them hee do settle out, so I got in a habit of shaking them before application.....most of us here smoosh them around though.....

As for pheros.....the thing that WILL affect diffusion is WHERE you apply......the oil and silicone based pheros really need body heat to diffuse properly......as for spray pheros, they are not so picky....they will normally get further out there with too much fuss.

I remember Mara saying not to vigorously rub scents with cops in them - it makes them smell like burnt tires, and it was difficult to wash off.

I also remember the 'broken scent' conversation, but I can't remember which thread it was in, or what the final word was...

I've heard the same in the past Honeycake but I think what Mara stated in that thread is yes, you shouldn't rub it vigorously (cops) but that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the smoosh method. If I can find that thread, I'll post it here because I know which one you are talking about.

Here's the thread I read it at and probably you as well regarding cops:

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=6356&hl=%26quot%3Brub+vigorously%26quot%3B&do=findComment&comment=167019

Edited by StoremyWhether

Well, I have never heard of breaking a fragrance......some of them hee do settle out, so I got in a habit of shaking them before application.....most of us here smoosh them around though.....

As for pheros.....the thing that WILL affect diffusion is WHERE you apply......the oil and silicone based pheros really need body heat to diffuse properly......as for spray pheros, they are not so picky....they will normally get further out there with too much fuss.

I remember Mara saying not to vigorously rub scents with cops in them - it makes them smell like burnt tires, and it was difficult to wash off.

I also remember the 'broken scent' conversation, but I can't remember which thread it was in, or what the final word was...

What the ladies said. Especially the part about where you apply the pheros.

Edited by quietguy