Tips For Enhancing Oil Diffusion in Cold Weather?

Hello All,

I am still testing my LPs and I think the cold weather is seriously affecting the diffusion.

I have been doing the torso & cleavage now in addition to the neck, hands, and wrists, but sometimes I have to stay bundled up - scarf an all -as it is so cold and many of the places where I go will run the air conditioner in spite of the much cooler weather! :0 It also doesn't help that I am anemic.

So...are there any other tips to help in getting the oils out there? Or is the only response a spray? :)

Thanks in advance...:)

I'm interested in this too!

My skin has gobbled up the last few scents I have used.

I have been trying to do extra moisturizing and drinking more water to stay hydrated.Age is finally catching up to me.. it's still Fall and this is the worst dryness Ive ever had. Trying to prep myself for winter. I feel so dry. :P

Edited by StacyK

^^ That reminds me.. Mara said that adding some of the perfume oil to your bra, dead center, is good. The fabric is an excellent diffuser.

I must apply more than most people. I never have a problem with diffusion...sweaters make great diffusion material. I apply from belly button to cleavage several times, then smoosh around with my wrists, then dab on back of my neck under my hair. I put my bra and shirt on while the perfume is still damp, and I make CLOUDS of scent. My whole life, I have always felt like my temp runs hot. I rarely feel cold. But the truth is strangely the opposite, my normal temp (every time I go to the doctor she checks) is a little less than 98 degrees. So I am not diffusing because of my skin temp, necessarily, so maybe it's the sheer volume I apply. :lol: If I think a perfume is going to wear 'light' on me, I also roll some from my wrists to my elbow on my inner arm.

I must apply more than most people. I never have a problem with diffusion...sweaters make great diffusion material. I apply from belly button to cleavage several times, then smoosh around with my wrists, then dab on back of my neck under my hair. I put my bra and shirt on while the perfume is still damp, and I make CLOUDS of scent. My whole life, I have always felt like my temp runs hot. I rarely feel cold. But the truth is strangely the opposite, my normal temp (every time I go to the doctor she checks) is a little less than 98 degrees. So I am not diffusing because of my skin temp, necessarily, so maybe it's the sheer volume I apply. :lol: If I think a perfume is going to wear 'light' on me, I also roll some from my wrists to my elbow on my inner arm.

Thanks Mara.

That's a good point about sweaters.. they are very good at scent diffusion.

I do love putting the oil on the back if my neck. That works well.

I think as far as pheros the oils are going to out do the sprays in the winter here. The air inside getting fairly dry with the heat and such.

Following Mara's example, I definitely apply more than I used to, and I'm very happy with the results! At least 3 "Mara Maneuver"s and also some on wrists/forearms and a bit on the back of neck seems to be perfect! Unfortunately, since I wear white tee shirts to work a lot, I do have to wait for a fairly thorough dry-down, but it's still ok. Now, with phero-enhanced scents, I do less, so as not to over-do it. Usually I apply a virgin version as well, or a complementary scent to supplement in that case.

Thank you Mara and StacyK.

I will try the center of the bra and maybe try to apply more. I think my issue is not just with wearing a sweater. I am also in my coat with a scarf on top of the sweater.

^^ That reminds me.. Mara said that adding some of the perfume oil to your bra, dead center, is good. The fabric is an excellent diffuser.

Thanks Goddesslynne. I was hoping to make my samples last, but I guess I need to apply more...

Following Mara's example, I definitely apply more than I used to, and I'm very happy with the results! At least 3 "Mara Maneuver"s and also some on wrists/forearms and a bit on the back of neck seems to be perfect! Unfortunately, since I wear white tee shirts to work a lot, I do have to wait for a fairly thorough dry-down, but it's still ok. Now, with phero-enhanced scents, I do less, so as not to over-do it. Usually I apply a virgin version as well, or a complementary scent to supplement in that case.

Thanks JOC. I could probably do clothes, but how would I do hair? These are not sprays.

I just run the roller balls on my hair a couple of times or sometimes, I run the roller ball on my scalp at the parting.

:yeahthat: I live in Canada, and in the winter I sometimes find that my scent tends to travel a little further once I've unbundled myself from my coat, hat, mitts, scarf etc., 'cause I've gotten all heated up under all the layers. When I take it all off it's like a big BLAST of scent. :) Makes for an interesting effect with pheros sometimes. I once saw a man's eyes glaze right over the second I took my coat off while I was wearing SS4W - I could actually see the phero hit him. Kinda neat. It was like I'd smacked him across the face! He was so effusively complimentary that my non-violent friend actually got irritated with him, and threatened to sock him one if he didn't stop with the compliments! :lol: I don't think you'll have any problems with diffusion with the oils.

And like BB said, I can usually smell my scent wafting around me even when I'm all bundled up in my winter duds.

:yeahthat: I live in Canada, and in the winter I sometimes find that my scent tends to travel a little further once I've unbundled myself from my coat, hat, mitts, scarf etc., 'cause I've gotten all heated up under all the layers. When I take it all off it's like a big BLAST of scent. :) Makes for an interesting effect with pheros sometimes. I once saw a man's eyes glaze right over the second I took my coat off while I was wearing SS4W - I could actually see the phero hit him. Kinda neat. It was like I'd smacked him across the face! He was so effusively complimentary that my non-violent friend actually got irritated with him, and threatened to sock him one if he didn't stop with the compliments! :lol: I don't think you'll have any problems with diffusion with the oils.

And like BB said, I can usually smell my scent wafting around me even when I'm all bundled up in my winter duds.

Yup.. in NY I feel I might need a little extra spritz on a scarf or sweater but I find in the dry weather that staying moisturized helps because my skin will just swallow up the oil if it's super thirsty.

What about using a hair dryer on your body or doing some jumping jacks to get your body heated? I ran three blocks the other day after applying open windows and I didn't even realize I had no feet left because my body heated up and I started sweating.

It really diffused the OW - because I would've been a whining princess bitch had it not.

Oh hell yeah. Just walking somewhere bound up in my coat & scarf & stuff gets me pretty warm. That helps a whole lot. You won't catch me running anywhere though. Not even for better diffusion. I'd be a whining princess bitch before the running ever started.

Oh hell yeah. Just walking somewhere bound up in my coat & scarf & stuff gets me pretty warm. That helps a whole lot. You won't catch me running anywhere though. Not even for better diffusion. I'd be a whining princess bitch before the running ever started.

I had to run~ Omg it was the worst thing ever. It was fucking cold and I was in this really high heeled boots and I ran the perimeter from Staples center to where the American Music Awards were held- ( Nokia theater) because I had to go print out a parking pass and had to go around. I had to run because the game already started and we were already late, but I couldn't feel a thing until yesterday lol. I seriously do not know how they run in such high heels in the movies.

Thanks ladies! There must be something wrong with me then... lol!

I never have trouble with diffusion either, and I don't find myself applying more than usual. I can even smell my scent through layers of clothing and a heavy down coat, no problem.

Yup.. in NY I feel I might need a little extra spritz on a scarf or sweater but I find in the dry weather that staying moisturized helps because my skin will just swallow up the oil if it's super thirsty.

Thanks LadyV and Eggers. Maybe I should try that - moving around a bit...:)

What about using a hair dryer on your body or doing some jumping jacks to get your body heated? I ran three blocks the other day after applying open windows and I didn't even realize I had no feet left because my body heated up and I started sweating.

It really diffused the OW - because I would've been a whining princess bitch had it not.

I had to run~ Omg it was the worst thing ever. It was fucking cold and I was in this really high heeled boots and I ran the perimeter from Staples center to where the American Music Awards were held- ( Nokia theater) because I had to go print out a parking pass and had to go around. I had to run because the game already started and we were already late, but I couldn't feel a thing until yesterday lol. I seriously do not know how they run in such high heels in the movies.

They must paint the actor's shoes on after the film is done. Either that, or those actors are extremely skilled acrobats. I can't even run in flat shoes, (I trip over the toes), or in bare feet, (I trip on *my* toes). No running for me. Christ, I almost killed myself walking down the stairs at work two days ago - I got to the bottom and for no reason whatsoever, I almost did a face-plant. WTF feet?

I ran half the length of our local Airport, once, when I got back to the counter I phero/scent bombed the whole area with Honeyed LP.. you should have seen the looks on the guy at the counter and the one behind me.. very funny!!

Edited by StacyK

• 2 months later...

LOL Stacy K!

I ran half the length of our local Airport, once, when I got back to the counter I phero/scent bombed the whole area with Honeyed LP.. you should have seen the looks on the guy at the counter and the one behind me.. very funny!!

Thanks Raq,

I am not sure if I have a scent locket though. I have to look in my jewlery box.

How about a scent locket? That was suggested for scents that smell great in the bottle but not on the skin for some, and it would be a good idea in colder weather too.

I really think I need to start trying, like 1/2 of a trial vial at a time. It's cold and damp here and I don't think the scent or pheros are getting out there. I'm normally not someone who wants to have people smell my perfume unless they're very close to me (I am one of those people who get grumpy if I can smell other people's scents in public), but in the case of pheros I think I have to work differently. Or start mixing things in alcohol.

I really think I need to start trying, like 1/2 of a trial vial at a time. It's cold and damp here and I don't think the scent or pheros are getting out there. I'm normally not someone who wants to have people smell my perfume unless they're very close to me (I am one of those people who get grumpy if I can smell other people's scents in public), but in the case of pheros I think I have to work differently. Or start mixing things in alcohol.

I tend to slather my unphero'd scents just because I like to. But I still only apply my regular amount of phero'd stuff. Trust me, you don't want to over-do the pheros. You don't want to OD on them. I haven't done it myself, but I hear it can be pretty nasty and gross. Plus, LP pheros are *extremely* concentrated, so the common adage around here, "less is sometimes more" is very true - wearing more pheros will not necessarily net better results, and often it will give bad results.

Also, in terms of scents, keep in mind that after a while, your nose becomes accustomed to how you smell, so you won't consciously notice your own scent, while other people still will. You could try Mara's trick - apply your scents in an inverted lollypop from between your breasts, down around your belly button, and make sure to get a little on your clothes - your bra in particular will help diffuse the scent. Body heat is the best. Fabric a close second. They work like a charm.

Anyway, all of that to say, I know it's tempting to use more and more, but even normal doses will get "out there". The temperature here has been around -20C for the last month, sometimes colder, and I'm under about 4 feet of snow, but my pheros are still working just fine.

This is a great thread - I always feel like nobody but myself can ever smell my lps, as it is super-rare for me to get compliments and I know they smell gorgeous:) I'm thinking my problem is maybe that I need to moisturize more, like Stacy said. I've just recently started taking whatever scent I'm wearing with me to work and re-applying halfway through the day too, and that seems to help as well.

This is really helpful and echoes advice I just got in another thread. I tried it today, slathering coconut oil on all the places I wanted to apply perfume, and so far, knock wood, it seems to be making a real difference.

LOL NuTrix!

Slather.

That is all.

:lol:

Donise you may have a point about the alcohol. :)

Hi Amalthea! I can smell them when I apply, but it feels like the hits diminish in the colder weather or something. Maybe I need to moisturize more.

This is a great thread - I always feel like nobody but myself can ever smell my lps, as it is super-rare for me to get compliments and I know they smell gorgeous:) I'm thinking my problem is maybe that I need to moisturize more, like Stacy said. I've just recently started taking whatever scent I'm wearing with me to work and re-applying halfway through the day too, and that seems to help as well.

This is good to hear black cat. Now I am wondering if I should chance it...I would hate to waste my LPs though.

This is really helpful and echoes advice I just got in another thread. I tried it today, slathering coconut oil on all the places I wanted to apply perfume, and so far, knock wood, it seems to be making a real difference.

Edited by Honeycake

I tend to slather my unphero'd scents just because I like to. But I still only apply my regular amount of phero'd stuff. Trust me, you don't want to over-do the pheros. You don't want to OD on them. I haven't done it myself, but I hear it can be pretty nasty and gross. Plus, LP pheros are *extremely* concentrated, so the common adage around here, "less is sometimes more" is very true - wearing more pheros will not necessarily net better results, and often it will give bad results.

Also, in terms of scents, keep in mind that after a while, your nose becomes accustomed to how you smell, so you won't consciously notice your own scent, while other people still will. You could try Mara's trick - apply your scents in an inverted lollypop from between your breasts, down around your belly button, and make sure to get a little on your clothes - your bra in particular will help diffuse the scent. Body heat is the best. Fabric a close second. They work like a charm.

Anyway, all of that to say, I know it's tempting to use more and more, but even normal doses will get "out there". The temperature here has been around -20C for the last month, sometimes colder, and I'm under about 4 feet of snow, but my pheros are still working just fine.

I heed your warning but I'm new to this and so while I started with a less-is-more approach and a fear of ODing I'm not seeing any definitive hits. I'm not sure of whether it's me needing to increase and find my sweet spot or whether it's more of a diffusion issue with the weather and season.

I'm not exactly impatient about the hits themselves. It's more that I don't want to go through my of my order never getting an accurate sense of how much to apply or how the phero blends work on me (and so what I might want to get in the future) because I didn't give my trials a fair run by being too sparing in application. If yours are working fine in the cold then maybe it's not the weather and thus what I need is a better sense of how much to wear and how close people have to be to be effected... which is all newbie stuff I'm still trying to figure out.

LOL NuTrix!

Donise you may have a point about the alcohol. :)

Hi Amalthea! I can smell them when I apply, but it feels like the hits diminish in the colder weather or something. Maybe I need to moisturize more.

This is good to hear black cat. Now I am wondering if I should chance it...I would hate to waste my LPs though.

I'm really thinking strongly about an alcohol base because I don't want more scent or pheros so much as I want them to just get out there more, which I understand is the difference between changing the base and just wearing more oil.

Is that making a difference in diffusion or in staying power, or both?

Maybe the solution is secret aerobics every time I step out to make tea or use the toilet.

Edited by donsie

Is that making a difference in diffusion or in staying power, or both?

Interesting distinction! I think it makes some difference with diffusion of the scent. I can't speak so much to the phero aspect; I'm pretty inexperienced with them in general and also, I have been on break from my main job and not going out in the world that much the last few weeks, so not much opportunity to look for hits!

It's more the staying power with which I was really noticing a significant improvement. I was finding myself putting on scents that were simply gone within a few minutes, and with the serious moisturizing job, things are lasting for hours again.

I heed your warning but I'm new to this and so while I started with a less-is-more approach and a fear of ODing I'm not seeing any definitive hits. I'm not sure of whether it's me needing to increase and find my sweet spot or whether it's more of a diffusion issue with the weather and season.

I'm not exactly impatient about the hits themselves. It's more that I don't want to go through my of my order never getting an accurate sense of how much to apply or how the phero blends work on me (and so what I might want to get in the future) because I didn't give my trials a fair run by being too sparing in application. If yours are working fine in the cold then maybe it's not the weather and thus what I need is a better sense of how much to wear and how close people have to be to be effected... which is all newbie stuff I'm still trying to figure out.

I'm really thinking strongly about an alcohol base because I don't want more scent or pheros so much as I want them to just get out there more, which I understand is the difference between changing the base and just wearing more oil.

Maybe the solution is secret aerobics every time I step out to make tea or use the toilet.

I totally understand. I just didn't want to see you OD right away and then be turned off or become *too* wary of pheros, 'cause that would suck! They're so much fun! ;)

Just to give you an idea, I think most of us get about 4-10 uses from a trial vial. And you may be right: you may need to wear more. There are some pheros that I need to wear what seems like ungodly amounts to get any hits, (Bang!, I'm lookin' at you). Most though, I don't need much at all.

With the social oils, and the ones with low levels of cops, you could try wearing some in the crooks of your elbows (body heat helps immensely), or on the back of your neck, under your hair, or you could even run the stick thingy through your hair, ('cause hair is a great aid to diffusion). One other trick I learned when I first started is to fluff my shirt out in a "it's hot in here, isn't it?" kind of way, to help floof the pheros around when I've applied a lollypop to my torso. (That one's nice, 'cause you can floof around your sexy pheros too ;) ). I think the biggest key in the winter (with the oils) is body heat - so you may be onto something with the tea-making aerobics! :lol: I've mentioned (maybe here?) elsewhere,that when I take my coat off after a 10 minute walk to work, an enormous cloud of scent whooshes out and hits just about everything within about 8 feet of me! I think the normal range for oils is about 3-5 feet.

Anyway, I'm off to floof my pheros around at work! Good luck! :D

I don't really see that much difference with phero effectiveness in the winter. I do an extra spray of certain "social" pheros on my outerwear but that's it.

Scents yes my skin chem is different but the pheros need just a little boost ect. That's it.

The down side you can't spray sexy coped pheros on your clothes or you'll smell snatchy. but I'm enjoying the thrill of the socials now so mayby winter is a good time to test run these.

Edited by StacyK

Even though I'm in the middle of summer here, this is such an interesting thread to learn about everyone's application techniques. I've personally started buying quite a lot of pheros and perfumes in spray version, because I use a lot of social pheros, and have found that scent clings really well to clothes. Even though the alcohol sprays are supposed to burn off quicker than the oils (and should do more quickly again here in the hot weather), I've found a lot of scents in spray will last all day- Sneaky Clean has amazing lasting power on clothes! I also will always smear a little oil through my hair, as was mentioned above it's great for added diffusion. Plus I feel more secure having a larger bottle of scents I love- I find they last a good long time.

Halo, when you say your sprays are 60/40 are these just the UN pheros, or the perfumes/pheromas too?

I'm curious because I know you can order the UN pheros that way, and have always chosen this ratio myself. But I've not seen the same choice available for the scented ones.

Edited by vladmyra