Captain Fantastic w/Heart Throb

AD-CaptFantastic.jpg

BAY ~ Uplifting, protection, purification, healing, memory, aphrodisiac.
EUCALYPTUS BLOSSOM ~ Healing, invigorating.
POPPY RESIN ~ Fertility, prosperity, love. Deepens feelings, instills calmness. Imagination, pleasure, wealth, success.
VERBENA ~ Mood uplifting, makes one attractive to the opposite sex, everlasting love.
BERRY ~ Healing, protection, money attractant, love inducing, stamina and vigor.

• 3 weeks later...

I really really really like this, and I hadn't expected to at all.

It's so original to me, it's like nothing else I've encountered in as many years of artisan fragrance fandom (over a decade). I'm thinking I like it for the same reason I like Eternal Sunshine; it's got a wonderful bright uplifting quality to it which is suitable for a guy and yet transcends gender associations. Everything is blended perfectly, twining in harmony to produce the intended effect of a certain sort of youthful modern glamour. Guys can be glamourous too, of course. I think what it may be is that heart of verbena and berry, it's just the slightest bit of tart sweetness framed and supported by the other notes, it all swirls around and is so fascinating; I can't stop sniffing it! :wub:

It's like a guy who you know is impeccable and unruffled at all times, cool elegance, but with a warm smile and engaging manner.

But I would wear it too, definitely, it's going on my wishlist for sure!

When I first tried this on, I had forgotten or perhaps not noticed that the pheromone mix was Heart Throb. I was thinking it was SS4M or perhaps Wanted Man. So I test this in the morning and as soon as I put it on, I am thinking "OMG - whoa - what is that smell? That is strong!" So I look it up and realize it is Heart Throb - I am smelling the cops haha!

So the big thing I smell while it is wet it are the cops. Which has a definite scent if you have not picked that up yet haha! But once it dries dwon, Luna gives an accurate read of the scent: it is very smooth but also very unique. I think it is the verbena blending in with the bay. After that the berry and the eucalyptus give it a slight accent. It is a very clean, bright, fresh scent. Like Luna said - you do get that same sense of fresh you get from Eternal Sunshine although the scent is certainly different. And that is interesting because as I mentioned in my Eternal Sunshine review, I once threw on ES immediately after a heavy work-out without showering first. All my wife could comment on was how fresh and clean I smelled. I need to try this with my wife but i wonder how the cops will affect that? Only one way to find out!

I have not worn this out on a date yet, but will do so this weekend. I will report back how things go. I suspect Mrs. QG will like the scent and the Heart Throb pheromone mix is a proven winner that has worked well for me in the past.

Edited by quietguy

• 3 weeks later...

So I imagine that Heart Throb is a pretty heavy duty sexed up phero. Is that a good assessment?

Can this get on clothes or is it to cop heavy?

Impression 2: The scent is a sweet/fresh kind of scent. I am not sure which component give it the sweetness but it is a light scent.

The <3 Throb pheromone worked its magic as usual.

You don't want to get anything with Heart Throb on clothes.

No you do not. Or anything with a lot of 'none in it either.

Edited by quietguy

• 6 months later...

So from my stash I have now tried Captain Fantastic a couple times. The first time I put it on I thought it was a little too sweet. Then it dried down to a nice smell. I did slightly smell the cops and to me they smelled cantaloupey. I like canteloupe, so that is fine.

I definitely liked this better after it dried down. It was kind of powdery, but still kind of masculine.

The second time I tried it, I liked it better. I don't know if my nose is being trained by the Love Potion nymphs or what. It smelled better right from the beginning. I like sniffing my arm where it was applied. Not any real self effects and I have not tried it enough in public to know what the female reactions are to the Heart Throb yet. looking forward to that though.

Powdery, but still masculine in a way. I like it, and who knows maybe even more a third time.