Decadent Diva

Beccah

AD-DecadentDiva.jpg

Decadent Diva

From the devilishly delectable mind of our beloved customer Dolly, whose love of deep dark resins knows no bounds! Sex up your Valentine’s Day with a slather of this blend of precious rare ingredients: resinous aspects of black amber, patchouli resin and Mysore sandalwood are combined with a devastatingly salacious black musk and sweetened with just a touch of dusky muscovado sugar. But if you’re still not convinced of its seductive powers, the creator is here to assure you: “The sugar gives it just the PERFECT amount of sweetness, and the black musk gives it that ‘orgasm in a bottle’ aura.” Erotically exotically excellent!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BLACK AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
BLACK MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
PATCHOULI RESIN ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

*Dolly, this one looks AMAZING!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too! I am so excited this came in the sampler so the ones of us who were too scared to go FB on such a dangerous scent could try it!!!

I'm excited to have my eyes roll into my head and come back possessed by fucking hardcore til kingdom come 5 times in one day.

I need to lose ten pound and I know this will help me achieve that goal.

Yes, this one is the remake of Resin Ho.....my man goes absolutely insane when I wear Resin Ho.....he likes several of my perfumes, but it is the one scent that he actually ASKS me to wear.....

Edited by Dolly

Being determined to stick to my budget, I had to make a choice.. I had to get that long desired bottle of Sex & Violins. It's dark and soft, resinous and sheer. Not reviewing it here but the point being is that Dolly scents really SUPRISE me. All the dark and dangerous talk...but they're soft, sweet and feminine too.

I got a trial through a generous trader and OMG I can believe I was afraid.. it's great. I bet this is too .. so hopefully there'll be some left in a few weeks.

Edited by StacyK

I wish I had more understanding of resin and patchouli. Will this be a patchouli forward scent? Will it be an amber and musk forward scent? Will it be a well blended, everything just smells terrific and melds together perfectly scent? :Emoticons04280:

I'm just starting down the "appreciating resin scents" path...S&V, Raven Moon, Nox, LP Black, OCCO Black - OCCO B was a REAL surprise love because the patch on me IS so forward and, once upon a time, I used to think I would never enjoy patchouli very much...But I'm looking at this and the notes and that little voice in my head is saying - "Should'a got the bottle..."

Well, we all know that rebrews CAN be a little different, and I haven't gotten to try this one yet......BUT.......on me, Resin Ho has the ingredients PERFECTLY balanced, with the exception of the sandalwood and the sugar. The sandalwood is soft and woody and provides the backdrop for all of the other ingredients to play on. The sugar was just a TOUCH to make it a little sweet and keep the resins from being too overpowering. I love it so much!

I am VERY anxious to try Decadent Diva, and have ordered several bottles......even if it turns out to be a little bit different from the PE, I am sure it will still be absolutely lovely! This scent IS truly, my signature scent.....can't get enough of it!

Edited by Dolly

That just makes I sound all the better! :girlHeart-5: Thanks Dolly!

LP has several fragrances I've gotten now with sandalwood and that note, so far, agrees with my chemistry. The thought of everything lying on a sandalwood pillow makes this even more enticing.

I'm hoping the sandalwood will play nicely with me on this one, because it's exactly the kind of scent I love, but there have been other cases where that note just went evil on me, sadly.

I'm hoping the sandalwood will play nicely with me on this one, because it's exactly the kind of scent I love, but there have been other cases where that note just went evil on me, sadly.

I think we all have notes like that.....we love it, but it turns into something very VERY ugly! Ylang ylang often does that on me! Several florals do, actually, but ylang is one of the absolute worst ones......

Out of all the new releases, this is the one i wanna get my hands on the MOST! Ahhh!

Fairly recently I've discovered that I too,.am a resin HO! I love em, especially patchouli, its my favorite!

Dolly, was Resin Ho.much like OCCO/NOCO Black?? Cause I love that one to bits!! :D

Out of all the new releases, this is the one i wanna get my hands on the MOST! Ahhh!

Fairly recently I've discovered that I too,.am a resin HO! I love em, especially patchouli, its my favorite!

Dolly, was Resin Ho.much like OCCO/NOCO Black?? Cause I love that one to bits!! :D

I love OCCO Black too.....but no, not much similarity there.....very different feel.....mostly because of the sandalwood.....

I didn't flip the FB switch, but I am anxiously awaiting the sample and hoping the same!

Just getting to try this one.....it is absolutely gorgeous! For those of you who have tried Resin Ho, on my skin, this one is not nearly as heavy or dark smelling.....and it is a tad bit sweeter.......the sandalwood is in the forefront, with the other notes playing in the background. For those of you who may not be sure about this one, don't be scared! It is not nearly as deep as some resinous scents.....it has a sheer quality to it. Absolutely lovely!!

OH MAN DOLLY - oops - I guess that's actually WOMAN! ^_^ You make this sound SOOOO good! Irresistible even! I can't compare to RH but I am - hopefully - 24 short hours away from going absolutely mental over my package!

You resin ladies are going to love this!!! Deep, dark, and sexy!!! The patchouli resin is the first thing I smelled. It's thick and rich. Just enough sugar to keep this from being crude oil. lol! There is something in this that reminds me of that antiquated feel that Sea Find has, and I love it. It's not a full bottle for me because I just don't wear scents this resiny, but I definitely appreciate the beauty of this. No wonder you and your man love it, Dolly!

I do like this kind of fragrance trope; and with aging I hope it will wear on me like Mark's Girl Nip does (that really dark resiny woody type of sexiness), but right now it's all smoky sandalwood incense on me, it's all I'm getting. It's doing what Shelly's Sweet Bottom did (and probably still does) which is when there's a certain amount of sandalwood in the blend it just takes over, like, "OH HAI!" It's actually making me think of Raqs Sharqi. So those of you who are sandalwood lovers should really try this, but I might have to stick with NoCo Black.

I'm glad I got a sample to try of this... but it's not my kind of scent. On me, it's that dry, dusty sort of resiny scent that makes me feel choked up, like I have to cough. Weird, I know. As much as I'd love to rock the sexiness, I'll stick to sweet resins, like LP Black :)

I do like this kind of fragrance trope; and with aging I hope it will wear on me like Mark's Girl Nip does (that really dark resiny woody type of sexiness), but right now it's all smoky sandalwood incense on me, it's all I'm getting. It's doing what Shelly's Sweet Bottom did (and probably still does) which is when there's a certain amount of sandalwood in the blend it just takes over, like, "OH HAI!" It's actually making me think of Raqs Sharqi. So those of you who are sandalwood lovers should really try this, but I might have to stick with NoCo Black.

Resin Ho aged really well....after only a few months, the edges softened, and the notes just melded into each other.....I have a feeling this one will do the same.

Don't worry ladies, whatever ya'll don't buy, I will!

Resin Ho aged really well....after only a few months, the edges softened, and the notes just melded into each other.....I have a feeling this one will do the same.

Don't worry ladies, whatever ya'll don't buy, I will!

I'm on the fence with this one. I have tried it twice, there are qualities I like here. I have really come to appreciate these gorgeous resin Ho scents. This goes on nicely, all dark musk and mysterious. But, twice this has turned into a dry, dark, dusty musk that does not flatter me. I agree with Dolly, I bet this will age well. I want to try it in a warmer climate.. to see what my skin does with it. I may have to hold off for warmer weather to see what happens. Out of the trial is great though. Edited by StacyK

This is my favorite of the NRs, the unqualified home run! Which is good, since I went full bottle unsniffed.... on me, I get a wonderful rich smoky blend. It's dark, but not a heavy darkness. The texture is amazing, like a big dollop of heavy cream poured in black coffee, or the way fire threads through a smoldering coal. (In fact, when I first put it on, I actually did a double take because it reminded me so much of Allumette).

I am not such an unrelieved fan of sandalwood, or resins in general, these days, because I can get a headache when anything is too incense-y, but Decadent Diva stays just over the right side of the line for me. It's complex, sultry and surprisingly subtle. It rides close to my skin, so it isn't too loud, just a gorgeous rich muskiness. I went ahead and ordered another bottle -- since I missed out on Allumette, I've been looking for something to get boosted with Perfect Match, and this is the winner!

It also has wonderful staying power on me. With a lot of LPs, especially during these cold dry winter months, my skin tends to eat the scents quite quickly (which has its upside, since it lets me change up what I'm wearing every couple of hours). But sometimes I want to put something on and revel in it all day. I got home to my box, reached for this first and didn't even really slather it on, and I woke up this morning with a lovely soft echo of the scent still on my skin. Just gorgeous! Congrats, Dolly, on creating such a masterpiece!

This is my favorite of the NRs, the unqualified home run! Which is good, since I went full bottle unsniffed.... on me, I get a wonderful rich smoky blend. It's dark, but not a heavy darkness. The texture is amazing, like a big dollop of heavy cream poured in black coffee, or the way fire threads through a smoldering coal. (In fact, when I first put it on, I actually did a double take because it reminded me so much of Allumette).

I am not such an unrelieved fan of sandalwood, or resins in general, these days, because I can get a headache when anything is too incense-y, but Decadent Diva stays just over the right side of the line for me. It's complex, sultry and surprisingly subtle. It rides close to my skin, so it isn't too loud, just a gorgeous rich muskiness. I went ahead and ordered another bottle -- since I missed out on Allumette, I've been looking for something to get boosted with Perfect Match, and this is the winner!

It also has wonderful staying power on me. With a lot of LPs, especially during these cold dry winter months, my skin tends to eat the scents quite quickly (which has its upside, since it lets me change up what I'm wearing every couple of hours). But sometimes I want to put something on and revel in it all day. I got home to my box, reached for this first and didn't even really slather it on, and I woke up this morning with a lovely soft echo of the scent still on my skin. Just gorgeous! Congrats, Dolly, on creating such a masterpiece!

Thank you, but Mara did it! I just told her what I was thinking about when we were talking about Resin Ho. She is the one who figured out which notes would work together, and in what proportions.....she is a genius!!!

Thank you, but Mara did it! I just told her what I was thinking about when we were talking about Resin Ho. She is the one who figured out which notes would work together, and in what proportions.....she is a genius!!!

True dat! :-) Still, so lucky for all of us you had the great good sense to ask her to make it!

Oooh - in the vial this reminds me of OCCO Black but it isn't as dark(?)/heavy(?) and chewy and the patch seems subdued - or maybe just playing really well with the other notes...Mmmmm, good start so far!