The Trouble with Truffles

Beccah

AD-TroubleTruffles.jpg

The Trouble with Truffles

Life is like a box of chocolates....Valentine's chocolates, that is! You just never know what you’ll get until you penetrate the hard shell to the sweetness within. And what would Valentine’s Day be without that multimillion dollar empire which creates what we crave…CHOCOLATE! We’ve concocted the perfect calorie-free way to enjoy that heart-shaped box without the guilt, but please, don’t slather yourself in the entire bottle all at once though you will be tempted…because the trouble with truffles is that you can’t stop eating them…and those who give you a sniff might just devour you too! The absolute best assortment of chocolate truffles: a melange of rich truffle-type fudge, cocoa absolute, gooey caramel and vanilla bean blended with a light medley of nuts (peanut, hazelnut and chestnut) and topped with a sprinkling of shredded coconut. Be mine, Valentine (candy)!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
VANILLA BEAN ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CARAMELIZED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
CHESTNUT ~ Amplifies male potency, love.
HAZELNUT ~ Intuition, wisdom, protection, fertility.
PEANUTS ~ Masculine energy.

Sooooo excited for this one! :cat690: I couldn't even stop my finger from going FB :lol:

Ohh HC LP coconut blends are great. There are so many. You need to grab LV's Sweet Little Pussy from ArtFire.

OHMYGOODNESSYES! Coconut runs the gamut! Abby Normal's Dessicatrd Brains, Lick of Cream, Elixir of Worldly Delights, Amazonia Zee, Coconut Breeze, Naked Twilight, Beth's Blushing Milkmaid...Sometimes it's prominent, sometimes it's just a hint...always delish :D

• 2 weeks later...

This one will take a few minutes to settle down and bloom into the full nutty deliciousness that it is. At the three minute mark, it's now smelling like one of those famous round chocolate-peanut-vanilla cream candy bars I used to eat by the dozen. Luckily, Mara keeps it grounded and it's a very grown-up candy bar scent.

This may become a FB order for me, depending on how fast I go through the sample vi . . . well, okay. FB it is.

This one will take a few minutes to settle down and bloom into the full nutty deliciousness that it is. At the three minute mark, it's now smelling like one of those famous round chocolate-peanut-vanilla cream candy bars I used to eat by the dozen. Luckily, Mara keeps it grounded and it's a very grown-up candy bar scent.

This may become a FB order for me, depending on how fast I go through the sample vi . . . well, okay. FB it is.

:D

Do tell us more! :love-you: How chocolately- fudgy-caramely is it? Nutty? Creeeeeamy?.....

This starts off a nice dark chocolate with hints of coconut and the nut wafting in and out. It's like opening a box of Nuts and Chews from See's Candy and taking a big whiff. Yum yum! You will be a Valentine treat wearing this. Delicious.

After 10 minutes, the chocolate burns away and I'm left with a nutty, almost skin-like scent. It's wearing very light.

I knew I wouldn't be able to wear this since I can't wear chocolate, but by golly, this is wonderful!!!! In the vial, it kinda smells like one of those Ferrero Rocher dredged in peanut butter. If I could wear it, this would drive me to eating. Like Hearts said, it wears very close to the skin. Foodie folks will love it!

It does wear very soft, I'm hoping it will deepen over time. This is the one I was most excited for because I love chocolate perfume and yes, in the vial this is just scrumptious! It's a perfect choco-nut blending! As it dries down it sort of becomes almost neutral, which is weird. So I'll have to come back to it in about a month, I think.

OHWOWTHISONEISGLORIOUS!!! So far, in the vial, the perfect valentine chocolate! There is not enough SKIN to wear all of these NRs as quickly as I would like! But this one is fantastic at first whiff for sure. I was expecting maybe dark chocolate, but, wet at least, this is yummy milk chocolate. Can't wait to give it a proper run :heart:

Another foodie triumph! The chocolate is soft on me, the nuts are, well, nutty and I can get the wafts of coconut. The only problem -- normally I love foodie scents as a great substitute for eating, but this has me absolutely jonesing for some serious chocolates! It's not just figuratively mouthwatering; my mouth is ACTUALLY WATERING.

This starts off a nice dark chocolate with hints of coconut and the nut wafting in and out. It's like opening a box of Nuts and Chews from See's Candy and taking a big whiff. Yum yum! You will be a Valentine treat wearing this. Delicious.

After 10 minutes, the chocolate burns away and I'm left with a nutty, almost skin-like scent. It's wearing very light.

You had me at See's Candy….LOL

LP does chocolate so very well, Regal Confection still being my fav,of course :) ...this is light on me,but very yummy nutty,I have a strong feeling it will age well and be much loved by many!

This perfume is quite the morpher! First stage is rich chocolate with richness added by the nuts and coconut. Second stage is super nutty and I'm not crazy about it. But now after three hours I'm in love. The nuts have backed way off and there is just a hint of Choco goodness with amazing vanilla and sugar. From several inches away it smells like amber resin. I was actually surprised that there was none in the ingredients. Not sure how often I'll reach for it since it has such a strong personality in the first two stages. Love love love the long drydown.

I NEED to wear this one today. I have so many samples to try, lol, I know this will be a favorite so I've been kinda holding off for fear it will be the only thing I will want to wear for - like - DAYS. Since we have ANOTHER (UG!) delightful snow storm blowing through today, I can't imagine any better way to be stuck indoors than to smell delectable the entire time....I will be able to really enjoy it with out distraction Hahaha

Edited to update:

This one jumps out of the vial all chocolate. It mellows out quickly and becomes, on me, a very soft and close - skin like - scent that is lightly nutty and barely chocolate with a hint of sweetness. Not loud and all but sultry and understated. I think I would have liked it a more in my face chocolate, lol, but that's just the chocoholic in me. I don't think there isn't anywhere you couldn't wear this (thinking work specifically) because it's staying so close to my skin that you would have to be right next to me to catch a whiff of it...perhaps I didn't slather appropriately? :lol:

Edited by NuTrix

It's kind of ridiculous how much this actually smells like chocolate truffles. WOW. I mean, it just smells so damned good! My trouble with The Trouble with Truffles is that at the restaurant we give out house-made chocolate truffles at the end of every meal, and this perfume smells so perfectly of them that the minute I put it on I thought, "work". It's for that reason and no other that I won't be getting a FB. But if you want to smell *exactly* like a chocolate truffle, (and I know there are loads of us who do!), then get this. You will not be disappointed. It's heavenly! :D

This one is wearing exactly as it did before. I was thinking maybe it wasn't the loud obvious chocolate scent I thought I was hoping for, instead it's sultry and feminine and wearing close to lure people in. I'm loving the chocolatey nuttiness, and yet it's almost like a skin scent it's so melded and slinky close...Mmmmm....Yup - gonna love up on this bottle....

• 2 months later...

aaah, in the bottle it smelled a little like chocolate scented plastic and i was incredibly scared to try this on!

Buuuut i dabbed some on anyways, it actually smells like a very deep unsweetened chocolate with caramel swirls. Its very caramel-y and its sort of reminiscent of top quality hot cocoa. When it dried down the tables turned and its all coconut and nuts! This smells so rich i think of a melted chocolate fountain! This wears very close to the skin but its more caramel with a dash of chocolate when its settled for while. I really dig this and will save the sample for when im in one of my foody kicks (or sexy time hehehe)

• 3 weeks later...

This is really lovely on me! "Skye Loves Chocolate" was immediately bitter and acrid on my skin, but Trouble with Truffles plays it much sweeter. Not "POW SWEET" like Special D (my one true love), but a skin-sweet scent. Not full-on sweet, but just sweet enough to give you the slightest sweet aura. I suspect that it's the sugar that makes it sweet, but the nuts that keep it at bay. This is very nice as a not-totally-in-your-face chocolate scent.

• 1 month later...

I was a bit frightened to try this given that hazelnuts are a no-no for me but I took a walk on the wild side tonight and dabbed on a smidge on the back of my hand.

It's yummy! It has a kind of coconut oil vibe, rather than coconut meat, followed by chocolate. There's a tiny hint of peanut but way back in the background. Later it becomes more vanilla bean and milk chocolate. If I weren't frightened of having an allergic reaction, I'd want to slather this! It's lovely.

• 2 months later...

I've decanted some of this to make a spray and I am in TOTAL love! It's not that it's different but it floats all around and out and people have been complimenting it like crazy! It's SO deliciously chocolate but then all those nutty notes come through and it's just a chocolate confectioner's delight! I can't pick out each different nutty note, they just add to the creamy goodness of the whole - YUM! :Emoticons04235: