Defrosted

Beccah

AD-Defrosted_1.jpg

Defrosted

It's been theorized that the tradition of Spring Cleaning dates back centuries, rituals to mark the passage of Winter to Spring, with households embarking upon a thoroughly cleaning of a domicile and everything in it. Many of these observances worldwide are tied to religious observances and feast days. When the weather turns warm and we can open the windows wide, we desire to give ourselves a fresh start for the new year. Always a fan of that which is refreshing and uplifting, our very own Le Wizard decided to capture this feeling in a bottle: a soapy-scented welcome to Spring. Nascent notes of iris blossoms twined with green leaves, pine, Hawaiian maile vine and leaf, then scrubbed with a trio of lavish soap accords, and given a gentle polish with a blend of vanilla oak and Arabian resins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

IRIS ~ Friendship, faith, wisdom, valor and promise; purification, resurrection.
IVY ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.
PINE ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy.

It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.

Soapy pine! *joins BB babbling incoherently, adds drooling*

• 2 weeks later...

I think I must amp the ivy in this -- not getting much else even in drydown! Odd, will give it a few more days to settle down...

Ditto. The notes all sound so perfect, yet I'm not detecting much, just a light whiff of . . . something.

I'm going to wait and give it a few more tries, too, because -- blast my nose for turning up at this lovely-sounding creation -- I want this scent to work!

Hope it ends up aging well and settles in nicely for you. I personally don't do well with anything too green. Well.. not since I was a teenager and used to wash my hair every day with Herbal Essence shampoo. Back then, some of the Sweet Earth solid perfumes like Sweet Grass and Melissa which I think we're made by Coty, were among my favorites, but WOW... my PH and personality were very different back then!

Back then, some of the Sweet Earth solid perfumes like Sweet Grass and Melissa which I think we're made by Coty, were among my favorites,

The Grasses set was clover, gingergrass and hay. I had the Woods one: sandalwood, amberwood and patchouli.

Well I did grow up in the 70s...but yeah, that was the first time I encountered resins in fragrance, I think, and I really liked that set, I used it all up, in fact.

I am not good at picking out any of these notes individually... All I'm getting is a green, woody kind of scent. It smells very masculine on me....

See, that kind of scent is right up my alley! This sounds perfect for springtime.

Well I did grow up in the 70s...but yeah, that was the first time I encountered resins in fragrance, I think, and I really liked that set, I used it all up, in fact.

​ Luna, you might be surprised at how many people I know who grew up then have either never heard of it or maybe they just don't remember it. Another one I adored from back then which was perhaps my favorite fragrance then, was Styx. Also by Coty I think, the one I had was a solid perfume which came in a little black cauldron like jar complete with a little spell and chant to say. LOL! God,that stuff was exotic and if they still made it, I would definitely wear it now.

mV04U1YNq7XXGi3HGLn6aag.jpg

OMG JD!!!!! I am having a fit over here! Not only does someone remember Styx, but you actually have it???!! Where did you find it??? BTW,Bush' t it BEAUTIFUL? :)

:Emoticons0804: Enjoy the trip down memory lane, Rose B!

Oh yes, I remember this stuff, all right! I used to think I was so "wicked" wearing it!! The picture, though, is from a jar listed on eBay. You know, I've completely forgotten what the actual scent smells like. I only remember hiding the little jar in weird places in my room so my mom wouldn't find it. The dumb things we did when young . . .

​ Luna, you might be surprised at how many people I know who grew up then have either never heard of it or maybe they just don't remember it. Another one I adored from back then which was perhaps my favorite fragrance then, was Styx. Also by Coty I think, the one I had was a solid perfume which came in a little black cauldron like jar complete with a little spell and chant to say. LOL! God,that stuff was exotic and if they still made it, I would definitely wear it now.

Rose you should check out "The Vermont Country Store" online. It will at least make you :)

This one is the freshest, cleanest green scent I've come across yet! I'm looking at the list of notes and trying to pick out individual ones and failing. It definitely has a unisex vibe to it, would be great on a guy (wish I had a guy to try it out on!). This one almost has an aromatherapy feel to it -- there is something very soothing and clarifying about the blend. But energizing as well -- it doesn't strike me as a sleep scent, more like a good thing to put on if there is an endlessly busy hard day ahead and you need something to keep you focused and calm amidst the chaos.

This is definitely unisex... I'm not a perfume historian, is there something in this that's traditionally a note for women? IMO it actually smells better on a man. Well at least the two I put it on.

On me, this reminds me of my grandmother's blue bathroom. My grandmother had this big ranch style house, the type with the really long center hallway. There were 4 bedrooms and 2 baths, one pink and one blue. She mainly used her "blue bathroom". She used this pine bubble bath from Avon (I think). She bought by the case and used it frequently. The blue bathroom always smelled like a soapy, real pine, floral scent. This really reminds me of that. There must be several notes in common. The scent itself is uplifting and invigorating. I would not mind my home smelling like this from time to time.

It really takes me back to my childhood and that blue bathroom.

What a beautiful scent! Defrosted is the perfect name for this, because it smells like being in the north woods of MN the moment the last of the snow melts, woody, damp in a clean and fresh way, with the barest hint of spring. I normally amp pine (but i love it so I don't mind!) but it blends in seamlessly with the other notes. The iris is just gorgeous in this. I can see how it smells unisex to many, but on my skin, it's incredibly feminine, and i think it's due to the iris. But don't be afraid of trying it, fellas!!

This is definitely unisex... I'm not a perfume historian, is there something in this that's traditionally a note for women? IMO it actually smells better on a man. Well at least the two I put it on.

The iris - it's heavily floral on me, so I would classify it as for woman although it could potentially be unisex...almost anything could, if you think about it.

I can't wear this, but yes, it's very soapy clean and for those who enjoy that kind of thing John-John has created a beautiful example of it.

I am in love with Defrosted, what a great combination! (love the Vermont Country store too for the nostalgic items, fun reading through everyone's reviews on the scents in this one) When I sniffed this one it had a cool icy wintery scent, maybe the ivy and pine. But once on and warming up on me the Iris is heavenly and not over-powering at all. Everything is mixing beautifully together and wears feminine, though I may need to test it on a guy after reading others comments on it.

• 3 weeks later...

This is so soft and beautiful! I knew I'd love this scent. It doesn't feel green to me at all, it's a sweet, clean softly-rounded creamy white scent. I imagine this is what clouds feel like, captured in scent form. There's a light hint of soapiness, but it's not overpowering at all, and combined with the light floral presence and the pale vanilla sweetness, it makes me feel so fresh and clean. It also feels very elegant and feminine to me. I'm going to convert my oil to spray though, because my skin liked this so much it ate it all up.

Edited by vladmyra

Yup. This one is soft and floral and clean. Not for me but for fans of Sneaky Clean and X Appeal, it would surprise me if this were not a favorite for this month's NRs :)

• 2 months later...

This is so soft and beautiful! I knew I'd love this scent. It doesn't feel green to me at all, it's a sweet, clean softly-rounded creamy white scent. I imagine this is what clouds feel like, captured in scent form. There's a light hint of soapiness, but it's not overpowering at all, and combined with the light floral presence and the pale vanilla sweetness, it makes me feel so fresh and clean. It also feels very elegant and feminine to me. I'm going to convert my oil to spray though, because my skin liked this so much it ate it all up.

Exactly, vladmyra! This wears similar on me, too! On application, I get pine, but it's gone in a flash, and becomes this gorgeous lightly sweet vanilla-iris. It reminds me of this soap my mom used to get, anyone remember Camay? I would always try to make the creamiest lather to wash my face, just like my mama. I haven't smelt it in years, maybe I'm thinking of Dove or something else, but anyways, It reminds me of the softest, creamiest gentle soapy lather that you can find. Defrosted doesn't last very long on me either, only a couple hours. Still love it though, and the sweet childhood memory Defrosted brought back. :wub:

Vladmyra, did you ever convert this to a spray? How did it work out for you?

Yep, I converted to spray with perfumer's alcohol, and I spray it more on my clothes/hair than skin. It definitely lasts longer for me that way, and because it's such a gorgeously soft and clean scent it doesn't become too overpowering- it just wafts gently, like a pale, sweet cloudy breeze as I move around throughout the day. I find it really calming and refreshing.

Edited by vladmyra

Yep, I converted to spray with perfumer's alcohol, and I spray it more on my clothes/hair than skin. It definitely lasts longer for me that way, and because it's such a gorgeously soft and clean scent it doesn't become too overpowering- it just wafts gently, like a pale, sweet cloudy breeze as I move around throughout the day. I find it really calming and refreshing.

Good to know, thanks! I'm waiting to get my June sampler, and might have to add a spray of this to my full bottle order. :)

• 5 months later...

This is clean, soapy and slightly masculine. In the bottle, it reminds me of snuggles with a guy on a crisp winter night. Pale green, cool and woodsy. It changes on my skin and really smells more feminine on me but not like girl perfume. It smells like my skin after using a guys soap in the shower. It's very refreshing yet comforting and clean.

This wasn't even on my radar, until I was searching my sample box for something new to try. I really like this!

• 2 months later...

I would have sworn there was a lemon note in this one before I saw the actual notes. Must be the pine that my nose was confusing for lemon.

I love the concept of this scent--that whole "spring cleaning, out-with-the-old" idea. I was hoping to wear it on a day where it seemed like spring was coming. Just my luck, today is the ONLY day in awhile that it actually snowed here and was more like winter than spring!

On my skin, it goes powdery, but not too powdery. It seems to get a "grainy" edge to it, if that makes sense. I'm not sure what that could be. Maybe the oak? I don't know.

I like it, but it's not a favourite. I will have to give it another shot sometime to see if it's a keeper or not.