Hummingbird Nectar 2014

Beccah

AD-HumBirdNectar14_1.jpg

Hummingbird Nectar 2014

Those who are fans of hummingbirds know how very special they are: diminutive with astounding agility and jewel-like plumage as well as the unique ability to fly backwards, these tiny titans of the avian world are entirely fascinating to observe and thus birdwatchers the world over set out feeders with sweet syrup or create themed gardens for their nourishment, then sit back and enjoy the aerial acrobatics! This reformulation of our popular floral fragrance features luscious honeysuckle and peach blossoms with delicate peony - all flowers known to attract hummingbirds – swirled with fairy floss and brown sugars and topped with a sunny drop of mandarin orange.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
PEACH BLOSSOM ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage.
Longevity, wishes granted.
PEONY ~ Protective. Happy life, happy marriage.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MANDARIN ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

I REEEEALLY wanted this FB but peach is hit or miss for me. LAM! & BAM! ButterCream Peach - awesome! Whisker Wishes - Yes! Shen Toa, kinda pointy, Peach Sparkle - same :( Lovely, but not on me. But I WANT to love this one! Can't wait for the sample to arrive!

It is peach blossom....I don't know what other scents have peach blossom in but I would think it isn't the same as just peach. I am hoping for the best. I need some more florals that are not heavy. This one sounds like a good warm weather scent.

:hypnotic:Step away from the Hummingbird Nectar... You do not want it.

This one sounds so perfectly lovely and exciting to me. And god I love hummingbirds. They're like feathered fairy bees

Edited by vladmyra

I REEEEALLY wanted this FB but peach is hit or miss for me. LAM! & BAM! ButterCream Peach - awesome! Whisker Wishes - Yes! Shen Toa, kinda pointy, Peach Sparkle - same :( Lovely, but not on me. But I WANT to love this one! Can't wait for the sample to arrive!

Peach is really iffy on me too. The LAM/Bam was nauseating to me, Shen Toa was just off somehow, but Loriens Orange Blossom special was absolute love love love and so was Peach Sparkle so no going FB without sampling first if it's a peach. It really is about what it is blended with because I have always loved the scent of peach..hmmm.

Oh man, Mara, you did GREAT with this one, it is just delicious!

"Nectar" is spot on the perfect word for it. Slightly syrupy sweet in the best of ways, especially when wet, with just a touch of honeysuckle to keep it warm. I'd even forgotten there was anything "peach" in it, because it was very understated. But it's peach BLOSSOM, guys, so there's no overt peach fruit note. If you hesitate with fruity peach, you really should try this because it's all the softness of a peach blossom without the fruitiness. I know there's no honey note, but something is giving it a warm honey undertone -- barely detectable, no freaking out! -- and it's a totally warm softness like real honey out in the sun. Does honeysuckle give off a true honey vibe??

If I were a hummingbird, this would be manna!

FB, indeed.

Oh my is this potion lovely! Wet it smells like candied flowers. Sweet, sugary flowers with a hint of fruit. I don't typically like florals but this is really pretty. Light and almost sparkly. The honeysuckle and peony come out in drydown. I can't specifically identify the peach blossom. It's not airy as in an ozone note but it is airy to me. Like a sheer silk scarf flowing in the wind airy. I see why this was so popular.

Ok first thing that came to mind. If you're going FB on this (Which I will!), add COP's. Copulins will make this sweeter and oh so sexy.

I really like this. As a whole, what I smell is a grounded Honeysuckle with sweet plant & gentle fruity notes. It's not as sweet as I thought it would be. A bit more organic smelling.

I don't know why but I'm thinking a less sticky and tropical Dolly's H & S. Different notes but could be used in the same vein.

A really nice scent for spring. A lady like spring tea time or add cops and be the hot bridesmaid at a spring wedding. -don't ask, it just popped into my mind. Yes, FB with cops please. :)

Excellent idea, StacyK! I'm going to try this. I think I'll try some Sheer Essence first to make sure cops won't change the fragrance too much, then go cops proper if everything stays in place.

Oh my is this potion lovely! Wet it smells like candied flowers. Sweet, sugary flowers with a hint of fruit. I don't typically like florals but this is really pretty. Light and almost sparkly. The honeysuckle and peony come out in drydown. I can't specifically identify the peach blossom. It's not airy as in an ozone note but it is airy to me. Like a sheer silk scarf flowing in the wind airy. I see why this was so popular.

oh wow - I'm just going to echo Halo's review, because I can't get my nose away from my wrist long enough to think coherently write a proper review of my own!

I am not really a lover of peach fragrances, so I was a bit worried about this one... but I agree that it's peach blossom, not hit-you-over-the-head fruity peach.

I think Sheer Essence is the way to go. I don't think this could handle more than 5 drops of cops per bottle.

That's a good idea. I just usually have LP add the cops. Mara always knows the right amount for the scent.

Instant love!

I was a fan of the original but the rebrew seems a bit more robust in that it sticks around longer. Sugary florals are my absolute favorite kind and that's what I love about the concept for this one. The florals blend wonderfully with the sweet notes to really bring out the sweet qualities of those flowers, though the peony is really delicate in this one, I can't discern it as much as the honeysuckle and peach blossom. The peach blossom and the mandarin together give me a sort of "peach juice" impression, but again it's all about creating the quality of nectar, which this scent does perfectly. It's really syrupy-sweet but if you like that then this is a great example of that type.

This is a very well blended, distinctive honeysuckle scent that I could see having a fan club like Raspberry Rose Confite did for rose lovers. Even though honeysuckle or rose don't do it for me as much as say a Gardenia would doesn't mean I wouldn't highly recommend (or wear) it. It's a candied honeysuckle that's juicy enough to keep from getting syrupy and has staying power! Also a fun vibe like I wanna get outside and play, great for spring. Again very well blended with a scent that holds, highly recommend to those drawn to the notes in this lp.

So I did it. I got a FB. I cannot imagine NOT loving this after reading all your reviews ladies. At least if it vanishes quickly, I will have a bottle to love and cherish until it's been slathered all away.... :)

This one goes on very floral but as it dries down, the fruity sweetness begins to emerge. I seem to be comparing most of this month's NRs to cloth -- this is a gorgeous light lacy gauze scarf. Airy and bright. The texture really makes the sweetness more workable for me -- I don't love overly sugary scents, but because this one is so soft and misty, I could see wearing it. Delicate and juicy all at once. Lovely! Would probably be amazing in a spray.

• 3 weeks later...

HOLYMOLY! :holy-moly: It's definitely sweet!

At first it was floral - very. But decidedly sweet. I first thought it may be too floral but I'm thinking now (after about an hour) it's a soft floral that's sugary sweet. I get all the florals together and I have to really snuffle closely to pick out each flower individually...I think I like them in the bouquet :) I think this will make a GREAT home scent for the spring!

Update:

The scent has all but vanished - I may have to slather more. I still think this will light up my "woman cave" for spring by making it into a fantastic spritz for the room :heart:

Edited by NuTrix

• 2 weeks later...

I super slathered this on today over Balm Bomb and I smelled incredible! I worked my butt off today too, and in spite of constant running and even....sweating - EWE - it's been 12 hours and it's still here! At least I smelled like a girl and NOT BO!

One of the fellas at work who adores my foodie scents pointed out again that "something was different" as this is sweet foodie/floral but was quick to add that he liked it :D (he prefers EVERYTHING maple LOL)

This is such a happy scent...BB happens to be a very happy phero for me...I'm going to have to try this with Lace and Teddy BB and maybe LAM! Buttercream Peach! :)

This is such a happy, inspiring scent! It's probably the strongest mood-lifting scent I've come across yet- I put it on and felt like I was flying on the back of a giant, sweetly scented hummingbird. The peach blossom and mandarin lend it a nice round and juicy vibe, while the other ingredients give it just the right amount of floral sweetness. I want to take a bite out of this scent. Its juicy floral deliciousness makes me feel like I'm suddenly possessed by some joyful, child-like spirit quite unlike my normal self.

Doesn't the sweetness of this invoke how if these flowers were a sugared sweet water for drinking, then this indeed is what it would smell like?! I big happy glass of glistening sunshine, spring and joy! :heart:

Doesn't the sweetness of this invoke how if these flowers were a sugared sweet water for drinking, then this indeed is what it would smell like?! I big happy glass of glistening sunshine, spring and joy! :heart:

Nice. I love this and it has some staying power too. :)

I loved this one out of the bottle. Some florals can get too strong and overbearing to me. Not this one. It's floral is perfectely balanced with the sugar. Initially, the sugar isn't noticable on me at all. After having worn it for several hours, the florals are barely noticable and the sugar remains but without being too sweet. This one is perfectly balanced from bottle to application to end of the day.

Oh, and though it may seem an unlikely pair, I used it with Un Leather. I had an important meeting this afternoon and needed to come across as both strong and soft at the same time due to the dynamics of the meeting and people in attendance. It was the perfect match and the meeting went even better than planned.

Awesome! Who says you can't be a strong feminine creature that smells absolutely fantastic?! ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

I almost bought multiple fbs of this before sampling, that's how much I LOVE honeysuckle. I had daydreams of this being my "summer" scent -- boosting a bottle with Open Windows and wearing it all summer was my plan.

In the vial, I love it. On my skin for the first hour or so, it's incredible -- exactly what I wanted for a signature summer scent! heck yeah! I'm going to order 4 bottles and boost 3, each with a different phero blend! This is going to be the best summer of my life!! .... but then ... something changes and all the lovely lovely bright sweet honeysuckle disappears and I'm left with some sort of sweet sickly rotting fruit smell that is nauseating to me.* Nooooooo! Whyyyyy???

...and so the search for that signature summer scent continues. *sigh*

* this is the same aftermath I'm left with in the wake of Blush -- maybe it's the peach blossom in both?

• 10 months later...

I got a sniffie of this one and put on some before bed last night. This one is lovely. It's not a "me" scent cause i'm not really into florals, but this one is lovely. It's sweet but not too sweet, i can definitely see this as a summer scent. I love the honeysuckle and the peach blossom :)

i woke up this morning and it's still there. Almost like a skin scent, a lovely sweet skin scent. If i had a SO i ould imagine him rolling over to my side of the bed to huff my neck first thing in the morning.

• 3 weeks later...

I applied this and immediately, peony wanted to storm sharply forward..but..I think the 'hucklesuckle' stopped it before it became overpowering. The peach blossom and mandarin did a little dance and the sugar fell like fairy dust. This is just so juicy fresh. Perfect for summer when the humidity is high and you need a burst of energy.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure I gave this one a fair shake when I wore it a few days ago, because I have been in the mood to slather myself with Amphitrite before bed lately, and that stuff has staying power! Plus, everything else just pales in comparison, really. I love my Amphitrite...

Anyway, I think it's a very pretty, floral scent. I will have to try it again sometime to really get a handle on it, though. I handed my husband the vial and he didn't like it, but then I handed him Ilori to smell and he thought it smelled the same. Why do I ever even ask him for his opinion? LOL.

• 2 months later...

I wore Hummingbird Nectar '14 last night, and am wearing it again today. I forgot how much I like it. It's sweet but not sugary, and sheer, with the slightest hint of a sharpness that I can't pinpoint as any particular note. It has a lightly effervescent quality which reminds me vaguely of a vinho verde - not quite champers, but not quite plain old wine, either. I don't mean to imply that it smells like wine, but it definitely has a youthful, bubbly thing about it which I quite enjoy. It's a happy, uplifting scent.

It also pairs quite nicely with Treasured Hearts, which is what I'm wearing with it today.