L'eau de Orchide

Beccah

AD-LeauOrchide_1.jpg

L'eau de Orchide

Orchids have a reputation as a hothouse flower, and while it is true they grow best in humid climes, there are thousands of varieties (making it one of the largest flower families In the world) and some types feature delicate blooms and fragrances just right for the dawning of Spring, when you're ready to celebrate the warmth and cheer of the season. We've created a light and bright orchid fragrance cheerful as a sunny day…refreshing accords of red clover tea and green tea garnished with fresh island orchid…slather this and show some skin, because here comes the Sun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
RED CLOVER TEA ~ Protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing, luck.
GREEN TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.

Perhaps because nobody has actually smelled it yet.

Yes, but it's Orchid, usually everyone goes nuts on those. I'm just uneasy because I was a "good girl" getting my sampler ... ok I did break down and get a FB of Big Easy with the PE order .. but?

I'll go put on some Hearts Ease and chill out.

I understand what you are saying StacyK. New Releases always bring the fear that the bottles are disappearing ever so quietly. I can only hope I do not love them all....I am sure my pocket book thinks the same.

Edited by irish eyes

It might be a conspiracy.. it could be that some of us are super excited about this one and buying 5 bottles each... or not.. I guess we won't know until we sniff!

Well I do have 3 or 4 back up bottles of Black Panther so I won't worry too much.

Lots and lots of florals in this month's NRs, as opposed to last month's gourmet extravaganza.

Give LdeO a moment or two to bloom -- literally!-- and you'll notice how the scent moves back and forth between the orchid and the tea. It went on pro-orchid, moved into pro-tea, and now, after a few minutes, is finding its middle ground. It's a very pretty, balanced floral with the tea notes keeping it from being too floral. Somewhat perfume-y at first, but that fades away and leaves a soft, lovely floral tea. If it were a color, it would be white with just a touch of pastel pink. The red clover tea imparts a bit of "bite" to keep things from becoming invisible.

Those who shy away from florals may find respite with this scent because the orchid is well-tamed. This is nothing like the strong, vibrant orchid in LV's Black Panther, which is definitely a "purple" scent.

Another lovely springtime scent from the lovely Mara-- merging tea and orchids was sheer genius!

Edited by Just Ducky

Among the NRs this was my least favorite cold-sniff out of the vial- seemed cold, faint & chemically - but putting it on is a completely different story - especially through drydown. Wet, it was almost unisex on my skin - very green and cool. But in drydown it became extremely feminine, dainty, and just a bit sweet. I am not much for the UNABASHED FLORALS but this is a glorious, fresh burst of greenery and springtime. In "feel" and attitude it actually reminds me of things like Pillow Patter and Canary Faery. This would be wonderful on sheets.

ETA forgot to mention it has an almost phero-like mood lifting effect. Was among crabby tired looking people this am and very noticeably, once I got within sniffing range, people perked up like wilted flowers suddenly drenched with rain. Big smiles and suddenly a spring in the step & everything. These were all strangers and I didn't speak with any of them, so it's not as though they could have been reacting to me.

Edited by tyvey

holy moly. I think this may be fave so far. It was mostly orchid at first, but now the tea has really come out and it is, like JD said, a lovely floral tea. It's actually making my mouth water (of course it IS lunchtime, I'm probably just hungry). I think this will be a great summertime, cooling-off-in-the-shade type of scent..

I did as Ducky suggested and let this bloom...and it came alive and took me hostage!! This was all orchid and tea on me. It is very lovely and the notes balance each other. A beautiful spring scent. but it just wears very strong on me. I might try just a dot on my torso so that it's mostly covered by clothing and see what happens.

I love the concept behind this one, primarily because I really do enjoy tea scents, and orchid is one of my favorite florals. However, I don't know why but this one is rather pointy on me right now (I get a metallic aura from it), like a bit too perfume-y. Very high-toned, high end expensive perfume but that kind of aura always freaks me out a bit. I can appreciate the two qualities merging and they go together well, just not so appropriate for me, is all. But maybe after a few months this might soften a bit for me.

First impression is woah Nelly! An overpowering orchid I'd liken to a commercial caliber intensity, since I wouldn't want that I agree this needs time to settle. After a 20 min drydown the magick begins, the orchid does a disappearing act then poof! The tea appears out of nowhere, after awhile the orchid reemerges and both play of each other in teeter totter fashion. One moment the orchid dominates next moment it's teas turn, back and forth they go. In the end the orchid is too rich for me, I would enjoy this dispersed as a room spray but not somethig I could handle close to the body. In fact the scent reminds me of a shi-shi Manhattan store called Shanghai Tang which was sprayed with their signature Ginger Flower room fragrance, not the same scent but similar concept.

I realized after putting this on that I have no idea what orchid is supposed to smell like, which makes me a failed reviewer right out of the gate! But -- this is a deep, clean scent for me. The tea notes remind of the Focus & Acuity Spell Oil, although I get that something floral is going on here! This makes me think of expensive linen. Or possibly silk. But definitely this calls to mind rich swathes of fabric. Very elegant.

• 3 weeks later...

This one is a really fresh, uplifting scent; think tropical orchids with droplets of morning dew on their petals, caressed by a cool breeze. It's much greener thank I expected, with an herbal zing from the tea. I tend to lean towards the duskier orchid scents myself, and am not sure whether I'll need more than my sample, but this one still is really pleasant. May reconsider when summer blasts into full force and I need something to take it down a few degrees!

I love orchid and although I DO like the smell of this, I've found that the perfumes with the tea notes are ones I like tremendously but not to wear on me. I love them in the oil warmer scenting my house. Smelling them is SO pleasant and I love my home permeated with them. I wish they worked better with my chemistry. My skin does something sharp to them that doesn't smell as pleasant as in the oil warmer - but at least I can still enjoy them :)

I generally love perfumes with specific types of tea notes, This "red" tea is not the best with my chemistry. It's not bad, but I don't get that great tea splashed on my, bright, warm young skin feel that I get off Candytuft Tea. I'm only talking about the tea notes here btw, not the other notes.

I like the Orchid in this and I think I'd really love an orchid tea with the other tea note ( I feel a PE idea here).

Candytuft Tea has a blend of tea accords in it, just for future reference.

That's good to know. Thanks

This is absolutely beautiful! I don't think I've come across much orchid or tea before, but I am completely in love with this one. It's a light, haunting floral with an elegant sweetness and a more traditional perfume-y character than many LP scents, but so beautifully balanced. I'm continually amazed that the scents I often like the most have so few notes within them, yet the somehow possess an extra dose of scent magic. I'm totally buying a spray of this one to layer it.

• 1 month later...

Just came back to rave about this again. It is the embodiment of elegant simplicity. It says:

I am a very pretty lady.

I wear sweetly innocent lace lingerie under floaty spring dresses.

I am classy and feminine and totally sophistimacated.

• 2 months later...

Lovely floral! The teas in this mix very well with the orchid, helping to calm the floral down a bit to be a delicate fragrance. This one went a little soapy on me after a few hours, but then leveled out to just a soft spring floral. Reminds me of a sachet type of scent.

I recently retested this one and found it to be cold. and very sharp like a knife it that makes sense. I did not get any orchid, it actually reminded me of another white flower, like jasmine or gardenia- where I get that cold like I am a dead corpse refrigerated feeling.. Oh I know. You know how flower shops have walk in freezers where the flower arrangements are? That's what it reminded me of, and there is something I really don't like about those walk in freezers. I feel like the flowers are dead or in a morgue. I know it's to preserve them but it's always creeped me out. Anyhow that is the kind of cold feeling I get from this scent. I am going to retest and really pay attention to see if anything blooms. My chemistry has been way off lately. Like I only want to eat Starbucks. That's what I want for breakfast lunch and dinner. An iced chai latte.

LOL, someone actually made a scent to recreate that kind of thing, I think it was Smell Bent. It's supposed to smell just like walking into a florist's refrigerator.

• 2 months later...

I first got a sample of this and tried it on the back of my hand when my monthly guest was in town. I immediately loved it - it smelled like a perfumey flowery scent on my skin! Not to mention that it was the first LP scent that my sweetheart claimed to like and equated to a real perfume :cat690: So I decided, within minutes, to get a full bottle from the trades threads.

A week later, I slather myself with the scent (since now I have a full bottle), and in the first twenty minutes all I get is cinnamon and black pepper with a hint of flowers. This is really interesting, given that there's no cinnamon at all! Maybe it's the red clover tea. Think of a spicy cup of unsweetened tea, with hints of flowers.

An hour later, the spice dies down a bit, but I can still smell it... not so much cinnamon... Now it smells like fresh white flowers, with a hint of black pepper and clove. I like it, it's not powdery like certain flowery scents can be. It's bright, and perfect for the office. Glad I got the full bottle!

Wow Phergineer, cinnamon and black pepper? I'm continually amazed by what individual skin chemistry can do with the same scent. Glad it's still working for you though.

I've never had the least hint of spice-like scent with this, but one time I put it on and it all of a sudden seemed overpoweringly sweet to the point of being nauseating. Must have been a hormonal thing, because every other time I've worn this it's just gorgeous, elegant and light.

Edited by vladmyra

Wow Phergineer, cinnamon and black pepper? I'm continually amazed by what individual skin chemistry can do with the same scent. Glad it's still working for you though.

I've never had the least hint of spice-like scent with this, but one time I put it on and it all of a sudden seemed overpoweringly sweet to the point of being nauseating. Must have been a hormonal thing, because every other time I've worn this it's just gorgeous, elegant and light.

I know, I wonder if it means it's just "sharp" on me?

I asked my fiance to smell my wrist a few minutes after dry down, and he said "something floral", when to me it still smelled peppery with a hint of floral...

Well, at least it still works!

• 5 months later...

Mmmm, I really love this one! I believe I got a full bottle due to Phergineer's excellent sales skills. ;) Lucky me! I tend to like scents with tea in them, and of course orchid is always pretty. I find this scent to be pretty and fresh. Even my husband liked it. :o

Guest cutie.pie

On my skin, orchid is a bit too strong and sharp. I guess I'm a foody-scents-girl, not floral-scent girl ;)

• 4 months later...

I got a sniffie of this, liked it, and graduated to a full bottle. Let me preface this by saying I do not know what an orchid smells like. I cannot identify individual flower notes (yet). When I wear this, I only get tea. Tea, tea, tea. Smelling right out of the bottle, I may get some floral. My daughter pronounced “floral” when she smelled it on me. But, I just get tea and not much sweetness and sharp tea at that. I tried it twice with good slathers. Tea is not a bad thing to smell like, but I’d like more sweetness. I think I may order Sugared Orchid and layer that with it -- to get more sweetness and to learn what orchids smell like! Or a fruit to go with the tea, maybe make a “flavored tea”. I am still sitting here while I write this trying to smell orchid! I just googled “l’eau” and it means “the water of” in French. The water of orchids? Hmmm……still not getting the orchid, darn it!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a sniffie of this, liked it, and graduated to a full bottle. Let me preface this by saying I do not know what an orchid smells like. I cannot identify individual flower notes (yet). When I wear this, I only get tea. Tea, tea, tea. Smelling right out of the bottle, I may get some floral. My daughter pronounced “floral” when she smelled it on me. But, I just get tea and not much sweetness and sharp tea at that. I tried it twice with good slathers. Tea is not a bad thing to smell like, but I’d like more sweetness. I think I may order Sugared Orchid and layer that with it -- to get more sweetness and to learn what orchids smell like! Or a fruit to go with the tea, maybe make a “flavored tea”. I am still sitting here while I write this trying to smell orchid! I just googled “l’eau” and it means “the water of” in French. The water of orchids? Hmmm……still not getting the orchid, darn it!

I had the same experience just this morning. I could smell the orchid in the vial, and for a brief moment after spritzing, then it's just tea, tea, tea for days.

I haven't had luck with anything sugared, it all goes to powder so I'm going to put it aside and revisit it in a few months.