Sweet Pea Cupcake

Beccah

AD-SweetPeaCupcake_1.jpg

Sweet Pea Cupcake

Because we know you're crazy for cupcakes, we've created another fabulous gourmand floral especially for Spring! Our most deliriously delicious blend of vanilla cake accords: layer cake, poundcake, and birthday cake, topped with a scrumptious swirl of cotton candy buttercream frosting. We've added just a touch of Nepalese amber for depth and decorated it with a beautiful sweet pea, the flower which expresses the most delicate kind of pleasure in its lovely fragrance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

SWEET PEA ~ Lasting pleasure, blissfulness, youthful attraction, friendship, chastity, courage, strength.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
BROWN & PINK SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

Yup! FB, no question...can't wait to experience what Sweet Pea smells like :)

Hi Nu Trix!

I think Sweet Pea is in Betrothal Potion. I am not sure how many notes (similar to vanilla i.e. dry, foody, sweet etc) sweet pea may have, but I really noticed it in Betrothal. It is light and sweet, but it did kind of put me off because it amped hard on me.

Yup! FB, no question...can't wait to experience what Sweet Pea smells like :)

Thanks Honeycake! Betrothal and I didn't agree with each other but I'm hoping the cup cake will trump the floral and have me swooning!

Hehe...I never gave Peas a Chance.....

To be fair, Betrothal is very floral (multiple) and peach can go either very good or very bad for me. There are plenty of yummy notes in Sweet Pea Cupcake that make it mouthwatering....:)

This is the February scent that I didn't order a sample of that I now really wish I had. I'm not a big fan of florals, but I do usually like sweet pea. Sweet Pea, honeysuckle, and sometimes gardenia are the three I normally like. So a light floral with cupcakes sounds nice! Oh well, maybe next month I can give this one a shot.

This is very lovely. Wet it's mostly buttercream frosting which I love. The sweet pea is light and not sharp or pointy in the slighest. As it dries it gets more cakey. It's a soft cake. The pink sugars and the brown sugar blend seamlessly together most of the time. sometimes I think I smell the pink sugar and as I am chasing it, it turns to brown then to a mix of both. Very pretty and straightforward. Light floral, yummy sheer cupcake and sugars. Nothing to dislike about it.

I agree with Halo's description of this being "soft cake". I get mostly a frosting type scent when I first apply, then it becomes a soft, pink cake. I think of the color light pink when I smell this. A pink tinted confection with a pretty little sweet flower on top. It's very lightly floral, pink sugared and wears delicately.

:Emoticons04235: OOOOOOOH! You ladies are makin' me DROOOOOOOL! Stalking email for shipping notice..stalking mailbox hoping shipping notice was skipped and delivery is already in mailbox!!!

I must have a big sweet tooth lately. Foodies that I think probably won't work on me are coming through with shining colors.

This is another foodie/cake scent that works for me.

The cream & cake'ish note blend well and I love the sweet pea scented cake result.

One drawback for me, in wearing this, I do go through a phase of amping the brown sugar to a distracting point. (I amp Brown Sugar intensely).

But, once that passes I get a very soft cake note with the sugars mixing and swirling around. Its all garnished by a light Sweet Pea floral note.

Very soft, young and feminine.

Edited by StacyK

Of all the LPs using this particular trope of gourmand floral cake, Backstage Pass has been the only one to achieve a balance of those qualities with my chemistry. This one, like the others, is definitely more floral although there is about five minutes in the beginning when I get the cake-with-pink frosting thing happening. However, I think the sweet notes keep the Sweet Pea in check for me in that it is on the softer side and very pretty. Eventually I get a bit of the frosting coming out towards the end to frame the flower. So this was more successful than the others like Whoopsy Daisycake and Highland Fling and if I really liked Sweet Pea I would definitely want a bottle.

I get a subtle mix of pink sugar and a hint of brown sugar with light floral. Not a perfect fit, might be a little tame for me and/or not vibing w the Sweet Pea note, it's nothing that possibly the right boost couldn't remedy. I also agree with the "soft cake" description, Mara nailed the cupcake consistency as opposed to say a 3 layer cake effect.

So far, this is my favorite of the month. First on it's like fluffy white cake with lots of sugary, creamy frosting. After about ten minutes, the sweet pea comes out and gives this a pink feel. Even though I love sweet pea, it can sometimes run amok and take over a perfume. But that's not the case with this. Everything is balanced. It does that perfect balance between goody and floral, kind of like Fleurs de Vanille. It's light but still had a good throw to it. Maybe a full bottle!

Trying this out this morning -- initially I get a total blast of FROSTING. The most amazing edible evocation of thick buttercream frosting, the kind that makes your teeth ring in real life! Just behind that is the cupcake --totally concur with what Cherise said about nailing the cupcake quality. The sweet pea totally plays foodie not floral.

Unfortunately, on me it gives way to a more plasticky undertone after about 15 minutes.... it's very similar to what Double O did. I think maybe the pink sugar/amber combo does me in. But for anyone who doesn't have that problem this is a totally fab cake-y extravaganza.

Sweet Pea was in Give Peas a Chance. I like that one, and love cupcake, so I'm thinking Sweet Pea Cupcake should be a win.

This was my thought too! However...once I applied it was all floral, and still is all floral even a few hours after applying. I had my strange season allergy reaction too (had that happen with Treat) but thankfully was short lived after about 15 minutes of applying. The sweet pea is still going strong and was a little overpowering for me, I'm a floral lover too. I'm hoping that as I continue to wear this one, which I want to love, the floral settles down and blends with the other scents.

I too, get mostly floral from this one. When I first put it on, I get the cupcake scent, but it changes over to floral almost immediately. As of now, I'm going to keep the bottle and revisit it regularly, because you never know what it might turn into....

There isn't an LP flower cake I haven't liked (Daisycake, Peony Cake), and this one is no excepetion. Something about the combo of flowers and cake just smells so good. This is not one of those heavy, buttery cake notes (which I also like, but in other blends). It's a light, fluffy vanilla cake to match the pink springy sweet pea, and I definitely get that sprinkle of pink sugar but not overwhelmingly so. It also stays on forever!

Sweet Pea Cooch

I have a feeling this is one of those that covers very well, because of the pink sugar and somehow sometimes LP sheer florals cover cops incredibly. (eg Love Blossom)

I wore this over straight EOW and it covered very well. Once everything dried down the cops seemed to make it just a little sweeter. I could see this going well with Bang, BI or cops. I have a small Un LAM from Pheromas. I really want to wear those together.

Just tried this in spray form. It's a truly delish pastel pink scent that reminds somewhat of both Strawberry Cream Shortcake and LP Pink, though it' lighter and more floral-cake than either of those. I'm glad I got the oil and spray because this one will be scrumptious layered for extra strength and longevity. Very cheerful and uplifting. It's a very young-feeling feminine scent, and it's inspired a child-like nostalgia for memories of sweet things past.

What a delicious review! I may turn my sample into a spray to try it out that way...up into the air and out and about...be a walking cloud of scrumptiousness!

First on this is wet sugar on me :lol: Just SUGAR, got a cavity SUGAAAH!

It's been about 20 minutes or so and OHMYWOW!

This is absolute dreamy goodness! Buttery, creamy, chewy amber and sugary vanilla! I CANNOT believe how complimentary the sweet pea is! It BELONGS here! It's one with everything else! At first application I thought this would be like Pure Sugar or Spinnerett, but this isn't JUST sugars and sweetness - this IS Cupcake and FROSTING and swoon worthy! :heart:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

WOW. I am so in love with this. I don't know what I envisioned, but it is so much more than the sum of its parts. It's absolutely delicious without being overly sweet or foody. Just perfectly light and fluffy and dare I say refreshing? So fitting for the summer storms and horrifying sauna of humidity - I want to smell lickable but don't want to wear anything that could be construed as sticky - this is just lovely. Can anyone enlighten me on how this compares with Fairy Cake Sweet Pea?