Lina's Buttercream Rose Cookies

hearts

I know, yet another Buttercream Rose Cookie PE. But really... I'm obsessed. Aaand on a forever quest to find something that rivals La Fluer Cremuese.

My idea for this came about when I had tried a Pink Rosewater Macaroon. It was the most delicious thing! Buttercream in this PE was a must. Rosewater since the rose I wanted was a more diluted type of Rose. Cookies was the next note. But I wanted a brightness- lemon or strawberry. Luckily, Mara had a strawberry-lemonade note that settled that..

And this delivers! It's a very bright, springy rose. It's not heavy, but has an underlying creamy tone to it. I can picture the pink cookie with a sliver of buttercream and jam wedged into it. It's a very happy and flirty scent as opposed to a sultry, sexy or even dainty rose.

I'm dying to compare this to LVs Buttercream Rose (which I'm sure is creamier), Rose Cookies and La Fluer Cremuese. I want to line them all up on my arm and sniff test. I will be sure to report back.

Overall, I'm very happy with my PE. It's similar to my rose scented favorites, but different enough to stand out on its own.

It's very creamy sugar cookie and light rose. The strawberry lemonade gives it a brightness, which burns off pretty quickly but does give it a sort of sparkle. It never goes into stabby territory.

Thank you Mara!

I know, yet another Buttercream Rose Cookie PE. But really... I'm obsessed. Aaand on a forever quest to find something that rivals La Fluer Cremuese.

My idea for this came about when I had tried a Pink Rosewater Macaroon. It was the most delicious thing! Buttercream in this PE was a must. Rosewater since the rose I wanted was a more diluted type of Rose. Cookies was the next note. But I wanted a brightness- lemon or strawberry. Luckily, Mara had a strawberry-lemonade note that settled that..

And this delivers! It's a very bright, springy rose. It's not heavy, but has an underlying creamy tone to it. I can picture the pink cookie with a sliver of buttercream and jam wedged into it. It's a very happy and flirty scent as opposed to a sultry, sexy or even dainty rose.

I'm dying to compare this to LVs Buttercream Rose (which I'm sure is creamier), Rose Cookies and La Fluer Cremuese. I want to line them all up on my arm and sniff test. I will be sure to report back.

Overall, I'm very happy with my PE. It's similar to my rose scented favorites, but different enough to stand out on its own.

It's very creamy sugar cookie and light rose. The strawberry lemonade gives it a brightness, which burns off pretty quickly but does give it a sort of sparkle. It never goes into stabby territory.

Thank you Mara!

.... and bopping over to the PE thread to reserve one! I've been thinking about it since they were announced, but couldn't quite picture the combination of notes. But reading your review I wonder how I could have ever doubted I would need this!

This one makes me smile and happy. It's a bright little rose-based confection with a smidgen of sweet. The strawberry lemonade is just enough to tap you on the shoulder without knocking you down, and keeps the rose from getting cloying.

It's less "cookie" than I expected, but the brightness is an unexpected bonus. It's still in dry down, so maybe the cookie will peek out later.

Mara -- I accidentally placed two orders for this, didn't I! I'm sorry, because it probably threw off your bottle count.

But I'm not regretting the mistake from MY perspective!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, this is just ADORABLE, not to mention delicious! It's interesting -- when I first slather on, I get a strong whiff of the Buttercream Rose, but it very quickly morphs into something quite different.... the creamy aspect retreats, and it becomes the most luscious delicate butter cookie with strawberry jam. Then, as it dries down, the lemonade note creeps in ever so gently. I can almost feel the cookie crumbs at the corners of my mouth, it's so perfectly textured.

My only complaint is that I have this on my bedside table for evening wear and it's hard to watch television when I have my arm crooked over my face so I can keep sniffing myself. :-) This is gorgeous, Hearts! I completely agree with what you said about it's being happy and flirty -- I am loving this for bedtime, but I bet it would be a really fun one to be out and about in on a lovely spring day.

That's so interesting, Rose -- I am actually having the opposite experience, that getting the olfactory experience with the foodie dessert things helps keep me from craving them in real life!

I forgot to say -- the other thing I loved about this was that it has a vibe that really reminds me of Prophetic Pie! The scents are different, but it has this perfect balance between tangy and sweet and I feel a definite mood uplift every time I put it on.