Crayons: Atomic Mandarin

Beccah

AD-AtomicMandarin_1.jpg

Crayons: Atomic Mandarin

Orange is an eye-catching color, both in nature and artificiality. But it is also one of the most cheerful shades, warm and juicy, like a fresh-squeezed shot of sunshine, so here's an orange with radiant style! For fans of our "Darlings" (Clementine and Catalina) we have what cupcake lovers crave! A batter of cake-type vanillas and vanilla bean swirled with natural tangerine and Mandarin orange oils and topped with homemade cotton candy frosting (whipped up with a blend of buttercream accords and fruity pink sugars).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MANDERIN & TANGERINE ORANGE OILS ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
VANILLA, VANILLA BEAN ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
BERRY SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted. Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
EGG (SWEET MERINGUE) ~ A representation of the world or the womb. Fertility, nourishment,
cycle of life, feminine energy.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sooooo excited about this one! The "Darlings" are my favorites of all the phero blends. I've been making my own Darling Clementine from L&L's Orange Danish and Popularity Potion spray, and it's been turning out quite well. But AtMan sounds pretty durn close to the original, so it should make an excellent DIY Darling Clementine.

Can't wait can't wait can't wait. :Emoticons04235:

I'm so attracted to this one, and I don't usually go for citrus scents. But mandarin & tangerine are my favourite citrus fruits- so sweet and delish. And I love that it's combined with vanilla-ry, sugary cakeiness. Noms galore!

Our Lady of the Orange Cupcakes has done it again! :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

This actually wears better on me than either of the Darlings (I have a bottle of Darling Catalina in my arsenal), it stays truer to its form on my skin, the dairy notes seem to be behaving (for once), either that or the pink accord is not so strong. It's intensely orange-y sweet when I first apply but in the drydown it smooths out to a lovely vanilla base with a citrus cloud floating above it.

Anyone who has previously declared they can't live without this scent...you better stock up!

IIRC I wasn't as mad for clementine as everyone else, and catalina was better on me, but this is a BRIGHT, instant grin producing, orange cupcake with 2 inch thnk slab of frosting DREAM. It's not very pink on me at all, not in a literal way - maybe that's what seems "bright" on me. This in a spray would be just heavenly, for the hair and clothes and suchlike. There's drool all over my arm.

I was surprised by how much my HUSBAND liked Orangzipan...this may be another winner I'll have to get just to wear for him....I'm sure I'll love it too...bright orange....cake like vanilla base....:swoon:

Oh my gosh, this is sheer orange cupcake perfection!! A little softer, a little lighter, and just a tad sweeter than Darling Catalina. Love love love!!!!! A wonderful summery orange scent.

I'm going to try this with my Pop Pot spray, but I can't imagine it resulting in anything other than awesomeness!

DELICIOUS!! I am not home or I would do a comparison of this to my Darling Clementine but from memory it seems the same. The perfect fluffy orange cupcake friggin dream!!! I love the scents with that buttercream. I'll have to check my stash to see if I need a bottle, I know I have half of a spray left but I may need another oil.

Also I kind of want this electric orange cat in my collection....

eta: this is becoming very pink on me.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

OMG ORANGE HOSTESS CUPCAKES BAKING ON MY ARM! BOOSTING THIS MOFO WITH EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN!

Oh God!! The scent plus that label ..please!

I really want to try this soon . This is one I'm afraid will do that freaky "sold out " thing...

Is this one hoarding status LV? Tell me twin! Lol - I haven't got my sampler yet!

Yes HEARTS - CAKE CAKE AND CAKE YOU KNOW HOW WE DIE OVER ORANGE HOSTESS CUPCAKES????? IMAGINE THIS WITH PINK IN THE MIDDLE

Is this one hoarding status LV? Tell me twin! Lol - I haven't got my sampler yet!

we should talk offline- this is serious - I need to discuss how many bottles we are going to hoard.

This is magnificent! I loved Darling Catalina/Clementine, but the orange burned off pretty fast on my skin. This wears very similarly on my skin, except those were more orange zest and this is more orange flavor, if that makes any sense. Like the Darling cake but the Orangizipan orange. But the orange is tempered by some slight pinkness that I get from the berries. in the drydown, I get a nice, vanilla cake with just a hint of orange. Very nice!!!

I just did a full slather and this is amazing! I like it better than either Darling. Those both went slightly wonky on me. The orange is more present and the cake is glorious. This might be the best cake I have ever sniffed. Will be back later to update. Not too much pink right now.

Yes HEARTS - CAKE CAKE AND CAKE YOU KNOW HOW WE DIE OVER ORANGE HOSTESS CUPCAKES????? IMAGINE THIS WITH PINK IN THE MIDDLE

we should talk offline- this is serious - I need to discuss how many bottles we are going to hoard.

Oh my! Ok ordering lol!!

That's it! You've done me in! Ordered 2 bottles and haven't even gotten the samples yet. I couldn't resist any longer! :smiley-sex023: :moneyfairy13:

I am so intrigued by this one, especially since it is very close to an idea I've been noodling around for next round of PEs (yes, already planning, it's a sickness). I am tempted to just grab it, but sugars and pink have a way of turning plastic on me. Fingers crossed that supplies last!

I just did a full slather and this is amazing! I like it better than either Darling. Those both went slightly wonky on me. The orange is more present and the cake is glorious. This might be the best cake I have ever sniffed. Will be back later to update. Not too much pink right now.

Yes, that's it. I liked them but there was this "thing", just off a bit. Hopefully It will work on me too. Crossed fingers for shopping notice.

Yes, that's it. I liked them but there was this "thing", just off a bit. Hopefully It will work on me too. Crossed fingers for shopping notice.

On me they turned kinda brown smelling, AM does not.

The Darlings wore perfectly on me which I why I suppose this isn't quite right on me. This gets so pink on me. I did a side by side and Clementine does not do that at all. It stays cakier on me. I am sad. Especially since this will probably start working on me as soon as it is sold out! But right now...I am not in love. :(

Well the others had notes of Clementine & Strawberries. This has the Orange/Tangerine & Berry Sugars.

I don't know about the vanilla/cake note, if it's the same or not.

Halo, I know what you mean by "brown" smelling. When I got Darling C. I couldn't wait to put it on. It smelled like a "sort of chocolate" on me. Lol thought I was the only one. I remember looking up the notes thinking I had over looked something.

Chrissy maybe it's the berry sugars that are overwhelming you a little. Hope they settle down for you.

It's important to slather this - i liked it in first trial but FLOVED IT when I poured half the sample all over myself last night and woke up to a pinky orangey slightly spicy cloud - and THEN showered and poured the rest all over myself this am. LEAVE SOME FOR ME GUYS.

Edited by tyvey

NO ONE ORDER THIS UNTIL I BACK UP THE UHAUL I AM WARNING EVERYONE DONT MESS

Just don't back into my RV, k? You'll break all my AtMan bottles! B)

NO ONE ORDER THIS UNTIL I BACK UP THE UHAUL I AM WARNING EVERYONE DONT MESS

Umhum... I'm watching that inventory, don't make my trigger finger itchy. :)

My guess is this will be awesome with LFN. I think, crossed fingers, my LPs could arrive tomorrow. ahh. Is anyone thinking of getting a spray? Edited by StacyK

Well, I got cocky. Because of my recent LP sweet tooth I ordered 2 FB of this. I should have waited.

I originally was careful about foodie scents. My early experiences with foodie scents, specifically super cake types, was iffy. As mentioned above Darling Cat had this "milk chocolate'ish" or "brown" edge to it. The cake note in it had a sour, pointy edge to it. They just didn't work on me.

My more recent experience with Pumpkin Soufflé and Sweet Pea Cupcake, were so good that I was hopeful with Atomic M.

Sadly with this first trial I'm getting that same sort of sour milk/sour cake pointy, edge I had with DC.

This one is a vanilla cake tho. I get no Orange type of scent at all. I get a faint orange impression from the trial but on my skin all I get is that pointy cake thing and vanilla. I'm not getting berry sugars either. I will try again in a few days but I'm sure this will not work for me due to the return of that pointy, sour smell.

Edited by StacyK

if this ends up better on me than my Darling Cat, I will put my bottle up for trade ;)

As soon as I get my boosted ones that I plan on, I think I might put up My Darling C up because I do LOVE Catalina, I get more pink cake from that, than I do with Clementine, but this is just the freaking :bomb::say16:

Do you guys get the Madrin, tangerine & orange?

I don't :(. That really could be travel shock. I've found here that after shipping I have to let anything "citrus" sit a bit. Especially, when it cold. These sat in my mailbox all day by the time I got to them the little vials were ice cold.

But my problem is still the pointy sour note .. I'm holding off for one more try in a few days but given my past experience with the "Darlings" my 2FB order (I don't have it yet) was most likely premature.

I would love to know what the difference in the "Darling" & "Mandarin" cake note is Vs what's in Petit, Sweet Pea Cupcake and P Soufflé.

Edited by StacyK