Crayons: Cerulean Blue

Beccah

AD-CeruleanBlue_1.jpg

Crayongs: Cerulean Blue

An idealized fantasy of the perfect blue of sea and sky....and this perfume contains elements of each: watery notes, airy notes, and little familiar touches of blue. Fans of our Mermaids of Atlantis scent will want to dive right into Cerulean Blue! Cooling cucumber, avocado and maile leaf with floral accents of gardenia and plumeria, a touch of aquatic bladderwrack and a fruity topping of blueberry and black currant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BLUEBERRY ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm.
BLACK CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
CUCUMBER ~ Healing, fertility, abundance, invigorating.
AVOCADO ~ Love, lust, beauty, fertility.
BLADDERWRACK (seaweed) ~ Protection, money, psychic powers, sea spells.
PLUMERIA ~ Love, strong ingredient for love spells.
GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully 'magnetic' for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.
MAILE LEAF & VINE ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.

It's kind of like a Mermaids of Atlantis variant, really. With berries sitting in for the melons in the other blend, but if you are familiar with the other, you know that this is a well rounded refreshing airy watery lightly sweet scent, nothing in particular to come out and punch you in the shnoz. :)

This really is like Mermaids of Atlantis!! On my skin, it comes across a little darker because the berries are not as bright on me as the melons in the other are. But is has that same wonderful ocean air scent from the seaweed. Plumeria usually amps to high heaven on me, but it really blends nicely with other notes here. It's present but not overwhelming. The cucumber is watery and fresh.every now and then, I get. Hint of avocado. It's unusual but very nice. My skin doesn't care much for blueberries so it is unlikely I will get a full bottle, but for those of you who love a good water scent, this is for you.

WOW, another winner . Another proof that you MUST try everything on even if you think not for you. The Mermaids kind of scent isn't generally my thing ... watery things (florals I think? and blue things) get pointy and headachey on me. In the vial I went "oh, no thank you" but the minute it hit my skin it was sparkly, even warm for a blue scent, like stepping into an unexpectedly warm ocean, with the promised "fruity topping" right away which I wouldn't have expected to emerge til much later - almost cobbler-like. This is very Pop Potion or LFM to me.

Tyvey, you are spot on! Mine just arrived, and I put off testing the Blue because, well, I don't usually like marine scents. But this one is not at all what I expected, and that's a good thing! Very warm and refreshing, not seaweed-y or brine-y.

ETA: It took a few minutes for the fruity part to appear, but even then, the overall scent is remaining warm and refreshing. I like!

Edited by Just Ducky

I LIKE THIS!! (shock-o-rama). Was not a fan of Mermaids or River Song and not a fan of blueberries and I'm iffy with plumeria and basically everything else in here. Ha! What is it that makes this wearable for me? There is something very intriguing that must be the seaweed. This is not your usual marine scent...quite mysterious.

This is very bright and blue! To me this is a cross between Mermaids 2012 and that Summertime Blue. Both feel so blue and summery. This feels very cool and happy, like you just feel good wearing this. The scent is perfectly balanced and I do not feel the third eye effects of gardenia at all! It almost smells like a Blue Hawaiian! Tropical and refreshing. I think I really like this and I can see boosting this with Levitation or you know what maybe some BB since blue is about being all serene and shiz.

This doesn't wear like Mermaids on me if only because the floral elements don't come forward at all. At first I get a bright blue burst of berry - which I love - the blueberry is wonderful in this one, and then the bladderwrack comes out for a while, very salty. In the end I get a nice watery blue aura of the other aquatic notes and a faint tinge of berry. I don't know that I'd wear this but I think it's really evocative of the concept.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooo! The blueberry came out right away! Sprang right out of the vial!

Turns out, on me, this one is floral but there are so many other things going on around that floral center that it's absolutely fascinating :lol: This one is REEEEEEALLY pretty. The weird thing is that while I don't know that it's necessarily a me scent, I really love it. It's such a happy, pleasant, tranquil and content scent! I'm going to have to make this sample into a spray for my linens before bed! I bet I would drift off happily to sweet dreams with this hovering around in the room! I don't get anything briney/salty really. Just clean - crisp, clear water, not the SC or X Appeal kind of clean - sweet floral and mood lifting!

Cerulean Blue was not even on my radar of scents to try, but this morning I just pulled out a random "crayon" to test and this just happened to be it. I like it! I think I was expecting it to be all watery/watery florals, which isn't my kind of thing, but the berries really came out alot which I loved. My only complaint is that it faded very quickly, which honestly seems to be happening with all the NR's I've tested for the month. I wonder why that is? I need to start putting a concerted effort into better moisturizing my skin and see if it's still an issue. But today, for instance, I'm wearing Flying Potion, and it's still going strong. Idk, I'll moisturize better and then see what happens.

• 1 month later...

I put this on before bed tonight because it's hot and I wanted a cool scent. I really wasn't expecting it to be so pretty. Mermaids wasn't my thing, and I haven't really found a watery scent that I loved. This is light and sweet and fresh. Not salty or pointy at all

This is really very pretty on my skin. Just a gently fresh scent. A touch fruity sweet and softly beach clean. Mara really did capture the essence of "blue". A happy, peaceful airy blue scent. :)

• 1 month later...

It's odd, I don't get any berries from this at all - or anything else edible, for that matter.

It's a bright, steel kind of scent; very watery and ozone-y and very very clean without getting soapy.

I kind of like it, but it doesn't really feel at home on my skin; there is something steel-like about it.

Hmmmm, 'Blue Steel' perhaps....? ;)

I think I'll keep the sample; it makes a refreshing (literally!) change from the sweeter, foodier scents I usually wear and there is something very refreshing about it that I think will be lovely in summer.

• 6 months later...

It's odd, I don't get any berries from this at all - or anything else edible, for that matter.

It's a bright, steel kind of scent; very watery and ozone-y and very very clean without getting soapy.

This is my experience. I like it a lot, though. I like it better than River Song, which I find much sweeter and with more pronounced berries. I get very crisp florals, cucumber, and maile. It reminds me a bit of high-end haircare products; it smells fresh and clean but with a touch of sweetness to keep it gentle. I might need a sample bottle because I don't think a sniffy will be enough.

ETA: one hour in and I think I can detect some very, very subtle blueberry

Edited by donsie

• 1 month later...

I wore this one yesterday. I like it! I thought it would be more aquatic, but I got mostly berries, as did my neighbour, who was visiting and whom I ask to smell my perfumes on a regular basis. :D So I'm a bit surprised that so many didn't get any blueberry! That's what I got the most.

I don't have a lot to say about it other than I like it; it's really pretty and I'm glad to have a sample. I would have to try it again in the future to decide if I'd want a full bottle or not.

• 4 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

When I first applied it, it was kinda manly on my skin, but later it turned into an airy, fresh, blue scent.

• 1 year later...

This is gorgeous! I'm getting a nice light hint of berries wafting up from time to time, and a soft aquatic feel, and a subtle clean floral presence all at once. Yet every aspect of this scent is so gentle and well balanced with the other parts that I couldn't actually categorise it as a "berry scent", "aquatic scent", or "floral scent". It's clean and soft but has a noticeable, sensual presence to it. To me it is the colour of pure bright water, with tendrils of deeper bluish purple swirled through. Very uplifting- it's really making me feel happy and pretty.