Crayons: Gypsum White w/Lace

I would never have believed anything tobacco-related was in X Appeal. That perfume has a really fuzzy soap kind of feel - like Dove, or some other soap that has a really rich, fluffy lather and leaves you smelling gorgeous after you've rinsed off.

But I do believe that tobacco flower itself is supposed to have a truly lovely fragrance. People grow it in their gardens for the scent alone - it's called Nicotiana, and has long, pretty tubular flowers. :)

Ahhh..ok...in my head I was imagining the big tobacco plants...I was raised in the country and on our neigbors' farm they planted tobacco, so when I read tobacco flowers and leaves I was imagining an actual smell of tobacco...Nicotiana is something totally different!! Well, I fell stupid, but at least I know now..lol X Appeal is a must then...thanks so much! :)

You know, you may be right about the big tobacco plants! LOL! I did the opposite to what you did, and assumed Nicotiana. Hmm...

Anyway, it doesn't smell like a soapy cigarette butt, so you should be safe! :lol:

You know, you may be right about the big tobacco plants! LOL! I did the opposite to what you did, and assumed Nicotiana. Hmm...

Anyway, it doesn't smell like a soapy cigarette butt, so you should be safe! :lol:

No, no, no...you were right...I looked up the plant to see and read about it (which I should have done in the first place! ;) )....the leaves can be used to make tobacco products, but it is actually a house plant that has very sweet smelling flowers (exactly what you said!)...it does sound beautiful and I am getting it and I have you to thank... on a lighter note...I really need to take it easier with my un-levitation and un-DHEAS...within an hour I have spilled my Gamboge sample on the carpet in front of the couch (the dogs and I are all flying high now...lolol), broken a wine glass and overflowed the kitchen sink!! It's all good, though...life is good...I'm still smiling with Levitation!! :hammock-1:

• 2 weeks later...

Gypsum white with lace is lovely and girly but perhaps a bit too young for me. More for my daughter's perhaps, but this would be nice for a luncheon, shower, brunch with your mother in law. Oh, I forgot. I'M the mother in law, so I might be wearing T H and would be impressed if you wore Lace or L P Pink, lol. I will probably use up my sample in warmer weather wearing summer whites on the boat.

... and my trial vial is empty. Even though I did not really care for the scent at first, I grew to love it by the end. This scent is like a tennis bracelet .. a touch of elegance worn with jeans to Sunday brunch.

And now there's no more Lace for me until my order arrives.

bummer.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of my favorites! I can't stop wearing it long enough to test or wear anything else..lol I finished my sampler and stuck a swab down in and scraped it so I would have it to smell until my order arrived (I know I'm nuts!) and I have already used half of my bottle since Monday...there is something in it which I can't get enough of and I don't know what it is because from everything I have read...it all seems to combine very nicely with nothing majorly standing out! If I knew what contributed to its wet smell I would get a PE with that in it....I am not familiar with some of the notes...does anyone else know if there is one or more notes which are standing out when wet? One of the florals perhaps?

Birkey: The top note that comes out most forward for me, even after dry down is the Paper Whites (Narcissus) - I have some in my yard that aren't blossomed yet. I am also smelling the Stephanotis (probably spelled wrong, but you know what I mean).

Also, do you remember Muguet de Bois? Used to wear that when I was very young - it's Lilly of the Valley. Or Rain by Terra Nova? It has lilly of the valley and some other lilies in it. Gypsum white with Lace doesn't have lilly of the valley, but I'm just throwing that out there as a scent you might also remember/love.

Anyways, I think Narcissus, Lilly of the Valley - perhaps some lilac and magnolia (I think Sneaky Clean has lilac/magnolia in it) might be some to think about for a PE cuz you loves the white flowers best, methinks. Although remember X Appeal has some tobacco and apple in it that makes it Xtra special. It reminds me of being at the old farm sitting in my mother's kitchen with the white lace tablecloth, a vase of PaperWhites/lilacs and Lilly of the Valley on the table and my Dad's Apple Tobacco pipe. Oh geez, now you (or the B-nol in the X Appeal)'s got me going/reminiscing, he he. Now I'll end up having to get a PE made.

So.... I think it's probably the Paper Whites/Stephanotis you're diggin in the Gypsum White/Lace. Are you near a florist's? They usually have stephanotis (for weddings and such). You could stop in one and take a whiff to get an idea. Paper Whites/Narcissus are one of my all time favs. Once you breathe that scent in, it's heavenly.....and a scent you will never forget.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cutie.pie

I'm not very good with describing scents, but this one is kinda "heavy" on me, not sure if you know what I mean.

But no harm done, I've passed it along to my sister. She loves it! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

So girly and pretty!! It had a lot of throw wet. It brought me back to this little-girl perfume I had when I was little - I remember it was in a smoked glass bottle with blue top. In later drydown it's all cotton and sugar, delightful.

This one really grew on me. I wore it today, later added OCCO White, and felt fresh, girly and light hearted when we went out for a relaxing Sunday brunch while watching the restored whaling ship, the C.W. Morgan sail up the Thames River back to port after a second day of sea trials. When I work, I work hard, and prefer SWS, but when I want to feel like that young woman who was a tad old fashioned, and just getting to know my husband many years ago, this is what I wear. Interestingly enough, he took time today to pick out this one as his new LP fav on me, (next to Cougar) for daytime wear. Perfect for a warm, lazy day, on or off the boat. :on-the-cheek:

Edited by Olderbutwiser