Crayons: Mountain Meadow

Beccah

AD-MountainMeadow_1.jpg

Crayons: Mountain Meadow

Fresh as a field stretching before you, inviting you to run through the grass, feel the breeze rushing past so sweet and pure, the warm sun above and the cool earth below, this verdant scent is all growing things to restore and renew your spirit…clear mountain air and a sunlit meadow, a perfectly green moment in time: birch leaves, ferns and rice grass with a wildflower aura of freesia, honeysuckle, narcissus and waterlily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BIRCH LEAF ~ Symbolizes renewal and cleansing, birth, healing, Lunar energies, and protection.
GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.
FERN ~ Stamina, virility/fertility, sincerity, fascination, eternal youth, bestows confidence, riches, creates
perimeter of protection, luck. Representative of ancient knowledge.
FREESIA ~ Innocence, chastity, charm.
HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
DAFFODIL ~ Regard, sympathy and affection returned, true eternal love, fertility, luck.
WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.

I know right!? I stuck to my resolve this month about ordering the sampler first...but I've already "thought" a half dozen "colors" were already no brainers :lol: Eagerly scouring for reviews....

This reminds me of Hoyden in its' evocation of fresh green grass with just a breath of florals. Green/plant scent lovers you need to get this!

This reminds me a bit of Spring Fever, like a Spring Fever Lite. It begins mildly soapy and wears close to the skin. There's almost a sweetness coming from the freesia. In the long dry down, it does get Irish Spring like, but I like it. (I'm a soap fiend.) Very green and fresh and smooth, perfect for the springtime.

This reminds me of Hoyden in its' evocation of fresh green grass with just a breath of florals. Green/plant scent lovers you need to get this!

I have other Crayons on today but I will try this tomorrow. I liked Hoyden. For some reason I was guessing this would remind me of Rainbow Falls.

And it very well might; I just had that specific impression myself, is all.

Well I hope it's closer to Hoyden which is more of a favorite. I like RF but it can smell like it has a "beer note" on me. But I still wear it. lol

Ok as I've had this on for a few hours.. it puts me in mind of Hoyden, when it's just applied.

I get a fresh green floral SPRING. A bit after dry down the scent retains the light fresh florals but it becomes a bit crisp and clean smelling. There's not a "water accord" like in RF but that same crisp uplifting feel is there. Like a splash of crisp fresh spring air tinged with florals on a breeze.

I want this in spray. It would be good with OW (a little on the nose there) but it think it would be great with TH too & I would add just a spray of EST to that, wow. Decisions.

Edited by StacyK

This is another one of the perfumes I'm associating with "clean", like shower clean or linen/laundry clean. Hmm. Shower clean, me thinks.

It's a lovely floral and greens kind of scent. Something in it picks at my inner eye though :( It's not over bearing and it's surprising me that I'm finding this one somehow pointy to me and yet I didn't get that same poke from Gypsum White. It is a very pretty floral. I will set it aside and give it another whirl in a week...

This is another one of the perfumes I'm associating with "clean", like shower clean or linen/laundry clean. Hmm. Shower clean, me thinks.

It's a lovely floral and greens kind of scent. Something in it picks at my inner eye though :( It's not over bearing and it's surprising me that I'm finding this one somehow pointy to me and yet I didn't get that same poke from Gypsum White. It is a very pretty floral. I will set it aside and give it another whirl in a week...

That's so funny! I get a little "poke" from GW but the florals in this are "fresh" but don't poke me. This is just a great balance between floral & clean for me. I really want a spray boosted with TH or G2.

I may just have to stick to my foodies and resins and possibly those yummy "candied" or sugared (or maybe it's just chemistry friendly?) florals - like Act of Violets, Highland Fling and Lep. Luck :) That's surely one given for LP...there's plenty of other things to drool over for any one thing that may not quite work me...:lol:

This one is very floral, like I spent the day rolling in a meadow of flowers. It's reminding me of damp grass and flowers blooming. It's very pretty, but something is starting to threaten a stabby note. I'm hoping this won't go very household cleaner on me like some fresh scents do. I will test again another day and check if the stabby "something" goes away.

Edited by hearts

Mmm....shockingly I like this!! No pointiness on me. I don't normally go for any of these florals or the fern grassy thing but this is completely wearable for me and not sharp as every other vent like this has been in the past. I won't go for a FB because I don't think I would wear it enough but my sample will be lavished!

This starts out very floral on me as well, but quickly changes to very green grass/plant with just a hint of florals. It is somewhat soap like on me, but a gentle very smooth soap. I went FB. Who knows - this could be good if you don’t have time to shower. LOL

This is one that I will set aside for a month or so and see if that pointy note in it settles out. I can get away with Gypsum White. The notes in this look harmless. I wonder which one is doing me in? Maybe the freesia? Just not sure. Maybe this is just one for me to wear away from my face, neck and collarbone, like on my torso and wrists only...farther from my nose so as not to get the headache....hmm. I have to try that next time...

Edited by NuTrix

Oh my gosh, wet this brings back a powerful scent-memory association...I'm not sure what it was exactly, but this smells like SOMETHING from my childhood. I wish I could remember what it was. Maybe scratch-n-sniff stickers, but I don't think that's it exactly.

When it dries down though, this gets a little too soapy for me. I'm not a fan of the soapy scents, so I probably won't be wearing it alot. However, I'm not getting the "stabbiness" that some people are, so who knows, maybe it will get some wear.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this one and keep finding myself going back to it. I have an unusual reaction to it and have no idea why, but would love to get some input on it. It makes my mouth water!! If it were a foody scent I would understand. When it first happened I thought it was odd, but it happens consistently every time and is coupled by a sensory based feel of nirvana. The nirvana feeling only lasts a moment or two but is really good while it lasts. Crazy response and it's fantastic!

Any ideas on what causes it?

I love this one and keep finding myself going back to it. I have an unusual reaction to it and have no idea why, but would love to get some input on it. It makes my mouth water!! If it were a foody scent I would understand. When it first happened I thought it was odd, but it happens consistently every time and is coupled by a sensory based feel of nirvana. The nirvana feeling only lasts a moment or two but is really good while it lasts. Crazy response and it's fantastic!

Any ideas on what causes it?

If you're crazy so am I. MM and Carbon Black are my favs from this release set.

I love the fresh, airy, cool scent. A bit fresh a bit floral. A very happy unobtrusive scent. I want one more bottle ideally boosted with something.

In feel only, this reminds me of another scent, Rainbow Falls. RF had different notes but it was another feel good, o'happy day type of scent.

This is a light happy floral. An airy, outdoorsy and good natured scent. :)

If you're crazy so am I. MM and Carbon Black are my favs from this release set.

I love the fresh, airy, cool scent. A bit fresh a bit floral. A very happy unobtrusive scent. I want one more bottle ideally boosted with something.

In feel only, this reminds me of another scent, Rainbow Falls. RF had different notes but it was another feel good, o'happy day type of scent.

This is a light happy floral. An airy, outdoorsy and good natured scent. :)

That's a perfect description, StacyK! I've been trying to find the words, but was so distracted by my own reaction that I was at a loss for words. When I mentioned the mouth watering ... I meant it LITERALLY. The reaction doesn't linger, but it happens every time. Maybe it's some unidentified Pavlovian type response.

Maybe you like edible flower petals somewhere deep in your soul? :^^:

• 8 months later...

Oooooh, I am madly in love with this one! Basically, it's my idea of the perfect scent. Fresh, light, floral, clean, nature-y...it smells like fresh mountain air and I love it!

I think I'ma need a full bottle of this one. I hope it doesn't sell out for awhile!

• 4 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

I'm not a girl for floral scents, but wow, this one reminds me of a grassy meadow filled with flowers... Mmmmmmm :)

• 2 months later...

I have never been a big floral fan, but I am liking Mara’s creations. Never get a headache, never get a tickly nose where I feel like I want to rip my nose off my face. This one is a soft, nature-like scent with florals. It smells just like what I think the meadow on the label would smell like without needing the tissues. It could lean towards laundry detergent, but the fern, grasses, and birch leaves are keeping it natural. It is more sophisticated than a laundry detergent scent. I like the florals – freesia, daffodil, honeysuckle, and water lily together. The florals are soft and smooth, never sharp and pointy. It just smells pretty and springtime outdoors. It doesn’t really change much from wet to drydown except that the florals mellow out and sort of take a backseat – they are at the forefront when wet. It is similar to Seelie which I also have, but with flowers. Seelie I think of as purely green, Mountain Meadow I think green with delicate flowers. I sniffed my wrist later in the evening and the scent had still retained a freshness. I never thought I could sniff flowers on me all day and not want to blow my nose! I refer to it as my “The Sound of Music” scent as it reminds of that opening grassy mountain!